2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Weak Ring Finger
besip
Jul 25 2009, 10:38 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (oikonen @ Jul 24 2009, 07:22 AM) *
play all sides of it.
Play till your hand is numb and rest and then play till your hand is numb and rest and then...
Ups, i forgot the dominant from the last one:)...drool

Ok Guys lets talk faith what ever{on my treath} all of you are welcome here laugh.gif
no realy

Oiko- Thanks i got u now nice exersizes..actualy i was made mistake when u post your first reply becouse i was read->
play all slides of it. -> instead ->
play all sides of it.

and i wasn't sure last night how u can play slides there biggrin.gif yes for sure the ring will get here some independency ..actualy i was try to do that many times and 1 of my finger pinky or midle was stay on fretboard with ring finger but after few try i was do better tongue.gif

actualy the Grip master can be aslo usefuel to get strong fingers..as i wrote before i got almost 6 month numles on my hands mad.gif i go to see a doctor a thursday so hope the tell me something positive finally...but i'm a litlle afraid becouse i"m always hard to read for all kind of injuries..actualy i have also pain under ribs like 2,5 month and the did like many test from blood test to ultrasound to this and that and they can't find nothing why i have it...looks to me maybe all of this problem can be from my back will see

if i not be able to play guitar for long time i will start learn Fry scream biggrin.gif

so i belive the grip master can work for me also but mostly for strong fingers and help my to don't get injury so easy

1 again Oiko thanks for posting the video cool.gif if i be read propely u was be have more time to practising smile.gif and sorry for my english smile.gif i never learn english at school smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Jul 25 2009, 10:41 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
oikonen
Jul 26 2009, 01:00 AM
Jep, i have to start practicing because i was not playing in 4 years after my wife past away. That's why i join GMC - to get the grip to my playing. Have to put my fingers in order again...
If the pain is left side under the ribs, it can be the bend bowel (like i had) from stomach. Nips and naps and it's okay again:) Have you been in endoscopy? Ask for it.
And about the exercise. Its little tricky when playing B and E strings but starting slow and increasing pace little by little will do the job. And don't stick only this exercise, make your owns because this is not very musical. I make also finger exercises for myself and if you want to use them then just ask. I'm glad to help.
And in here GMC you can also look exercises for finger independency.

QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Jul 25 2009, 12:41 AM) *
nice exercise Oikonen. This is like advanced stuff...

No, it's not. It's purely finger exercise for everyone who needs control over their fingers.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by oikonen: Jul 26 2009, 01:07 AM

--------------------

Blue Steel
- Wiggle your big toe -

+Quote Post
besip
Jul 26 2009, 06:18 AM
QUOTE (oikonen @ Jul 25 2009, 08:00 PM) *
Nips and naps and it's okay again:) Have you been in endoscopy?
Independence"]finger independency[/url].

naps not helping me on last 2 month tongue.gif endoscopy oo i'm scareeee...but i leave no Usa hard economy situaction for many people and i can't aford insurance..looks like they gonna help me when i gonna dying tongue.gif ..No finaly i was find some clinics where they can help me with my hands so i will also tell them story abouth my stomach

Btw thanks for lot of nice tips all be usefuel here
and looks like this is can be also usefuel-->>>>
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ll-offs-lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato-stamina/
cool.gif

btw those finger independency exersizes is also nice warm up

This post has been edited by besip: Jul 26 2009, 06:24 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
oikonen
Jul 26 2009, 09:57 AM
I'm from scandinavia an never understood the USA:s healt insurance policy, we have, like in all nordic countries, free healt care in all levels. IMO is that it's societys obligation to serve the taxpayers healthcare worth of their money. Am i right, i think that Americaners (how to i call USA citizens? don't give any jokes about dialing first the country code) agree with me in this. This is first and last time when i write this kind of stuff in GMC, sorry to all.

But anyway, i've noticed that playing bunch of dim's in 3 different positions arount the neck are great exercise for 'smart fingers' (JS's term) and good warm ups. I don't member th JS's book name but i have it somewhere and there are those exercises.

Gdim
E||-----------5--------||
B||-------5---4--------||
G||---3---3---5--------||
D||---2---5---4--------||
A||---4---4------------||
E||---3----------------||

And those twos Ex's are good ones. I'll take the first one and make from that base exe for myself. My fingers work ok but the darn timing...this will help to it.

This post has been edited by oikonen: Jul 26 2009, 02:26 PM

--------------------

Blue Steel
- Wiggle your big toe -

+Quote Post
besip
Jul 26 2009, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (oikonen @ Jul 26 2009, 04:57 AM) *
I'm from scandinavia an never understood the USA:s healt insurance policy, we have, like in all nordic countries, free healt care in all levels. IMO is that it's societys obligation to serve the taxpayers healthcare worth of their money. Am i right, i think that Americaners (how to i call USA citizens? don't give any jokes about dialing first the country code) agree with me in this. This is first and last time when i write this kind of stuff in GMC, sorry to all.

But anyway, i've noticed that playing bunch of dim's in 3 different positions arount the neck are great exercise for 'smart fingers' (JS's term) and good warm ups. I don't member th JS's book name but i have it somewhere and there are those exercises.

Gdim
E||-----------5--------||
B||-------5---4--------||
G||---3---3---5--------||
D||---2---5---4--------||
A||---4---4------------||
E||---3----------------||

And those twos Ex's are good ones. I'll take the first one and make from that base exe for myself. My fingers work ok but the darn timing...this will help to it.

Heh I'm Czech guy and we have long time ago in Czech also Free healt care smile.gif now there is some changes and you have to pay small fee if you gona recive prescriptions form doctor but they are still changing the rules becouse people don't like it smile.gif Like u wrote u pay taxes so u shoot have free healt insurance..actualy thats was 1 of the good thing on time where we have comunistic goverment..Free healt care for everybody...{and i'm anti-comunistic person biggrin.gif }

i not sure abouth your country code question {my english} rolleyes.gif but yeaahh u shoot caal first the country code smile.gif and i also not sure if they don't give any jokes about that biggrin.gif ask somebody around

about the exersize look goooddd!!!!! so if i got this u play this by alternate??? and start with midle finger on 3 fret

This post has been edited by besip: Jul 26 2009, 05:46 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 26 2009, 07:34 PM
The private system in the US was a good thing for awhile. The country could afford it, being so wealthy after WWII and for decades that followed. In fact most people got insurance paid by their employers. I assure you that the care I got growing up was superior to what people in Europe were getting, and that was typical. But times have changed, and we are now in the same boat as Europe, we can't afford private method, it is just too expensive. I myself pay for Health Insurance. A lot more people could do this, but they chose to just take a chance, rather than cutting back on some other things. But still, I don't think American can afford this system anymore, it just does not work unless a nation is exceptionally rich, and we are not exceptionally rich anymore, and those days are not going to return, no more wars to win that leave you with 85% of world capital (which was our share at the end of WWII). We have done spent all that over the decades, the pile is gone.

edit: actually that is one of the problems, that so many will just not insure themselves even when you could, and take a chance. Then if they need care they get it, at costs maybe 4 or 5 times what insured people pay (because they don't have the insurance companies negotiation down prices for them). Then when they don't pay the bills, the costs just get passed to the people that do. The system is just so screwed up for so many reasons, just you can't keep the costs down. and from the parties involved exploiting the situation (Doctors, Insurance Companies, Drug Companies, people who could get health insurance but just decide to take a chance and not get it, etc.). As I said, just not affordable anymore. We pay on average 1.5 to 2 times what you pay for health care per person over here.

edit2: b.t.w., I am not criticizing anyone here, specifically. Some people just don't have the money. I mean those who could get some insurance for maybe $200 a month, and they are spending nearly that much for electronic entertainment, and cell phone. I don't have either of those, you can live without them. And I spend nearly $400 a month for health insurance. But I know some people just don't have any money. One thing you should always have until Obama is able to reform things (probably 2nd term). You can get a service where a 3rd party negotiates you costs. They don't pay them, but they give you the negotiating power that you get with insurance. When I have a bill, it is pretty laughable. They start off bill you these huge costs, and then the insurance company reduces them to just a fraction, or altogether, because of the contractual arrangements they have with providers.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jul 26 2009, 07:56 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 26 2009, 08:52 PM
Instructor
Besip work on more legato exercises with emphasis on ring and pinky fingers. You can play scales/modes/pentatonics using only those two fingers. Try to do it in tempo with metronome click and you will see how it becomes hard after a while but its well worth it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oikonen
Jul 27 2009, 12:50 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Jul 26 2009, 07:42 PM) *
Heh I'm Czech guy and we have long time ago...

Those are chords and they help finger positioning, after you master these then there is no chord that you can't take (i lie)smile.gif. Jep, i remember the velvet revolution or something in you country in early 200?.

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 26 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Besip work on more legato...

That's good for exercising finger strength, search here with 'legato' and also John Petrucci have really good legato exercises in book 'Rock Discipline'. When i was practising legatos i made my exercises starting with weak finger. I would putted you a video but one of my hard drives, where the web cam program is, went down today and i have to buy a new one. But first i try to look is it really broken.

@fcalih: i don't know rest of Europe, but in nordic countries (scandinavia) we have had always had totally free healthcare for everybody and because we have best social welfares in the world and Finland gave first country in the world for womans to right to vote and we have woman in president and we have beautiest Ladies in the galaxy and - what else. Jep, in Finland we have 187 888 lakes..and Finnish Ladies just love skinny dipping. Oh what a great country i'm living...You're all welcome to Finland. What was my point? I forgot.

This post has been edited by oikonen: Jul 27 2009, 09:24 PM

--------------------

Blue Steel
- Wiggle your big toe -

+Quote Post
besip
Jul 27 2009, 02:08 AM
QUOTE (oikonen @ Jul 26 2009, 07:50 PM) *
lie)smile.gif. Jep, i remember the velvet revolution or something in you country in early 200?.

@fcalih: i don't know rest of Europe, but in nordic countries (scandinavia) we have had always had totally free healthcare

thats was on 1989 on 17 november rolleyes.gif
we also have almost free healt care system......yes u maybe pay now some money for dentist but main visit and operaction are free...and social system is also better for example Mother with newborn baby reciving some money from state like 4 years i belive....but here they don't have nothing...but actualy everywhere is something when i come to usa almost 8 years ago i was have more oportunity to find job and place to leave..also now if you worknig you can easy buy car,guitar and more rolleyes.gif but thats hard if u making lot of money and you have to provide lot of payment to the credit card and then u lost job u are lost tongue.gif

i thinking maybe to move to scotland becouse my sister is there...and they speak english ....but english...their accent is crazyyyyy....Finland,,Sweden also interest me but with their launguage i'm lost biggrin.gif

thats post become from guitar to world Sociall and healt care problem topic biggrin.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jul 27 2009, 06:23 AM
Why don't you try this exercise?. Stuck your finger in one string and then, play cromatic scale in the other strings.
For example:

Here is where you will leave your ring finger (3rd fret, D string.) Then, play a cromatic scale with the other fingers, but without taking off your ring finger from the 3rd fret on D string

E||---------------------------------------1-2-4||
B||--------------------------------1-2-4-------||
G||-------------------------1-2-4--------------||
D||----3----------------------------------------||
A||------------1-2-4----------------------------||
E||------1-2-4----------------------------------||

And so on. Go down and up with the same pattern.
Then, move your ring finger to another string, for example, A string, and then play it like the previous example

E||---------------------------------------1-2-4||
B||--------------------------------1-2-4-------||
G||-------------------------1-2-4--------------||
D||-----------------1-2-4-------------------------||
A||----3-----------------------------------------||
E||----------1-2-4----------------------------------||

And if you want, change the fingers you want to leave without movement. This will definitly make your hand work a lot!. If you have any doubt, just ask me. Hope it works for you wink.gif

This post has been edited by Santiago Diaz Garces: Jul 27 2009, 06:24 AM

+Quote Post
oikonen
Jul 27 2009, 01:23 PM
QUOTE (besip @ Jul 27 2009, 04:08 AM) *
thats was on 1989 on 17 november...

My mistake, i grewed up so slow... And i use VISA Electron, i don't like credit cards. And why not move to Irland, they're great guys and their just like Finns - exactly. And there are plenty of troubadours and drunks. I can't move there because i don't drink.
Look the attachments for legato exercise what i made today. Don't play it faster, it gets too easy when played fast. 60bpm is good tempo, it forces your fingers to do steady job. I realized that i have to practice myself too...

QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Jul 27 2009, 08:23 AM) *
Why don't you try this exercise?...

This is really good independence exercise. You can switch the stuck finger to train what you want.

Heh, i came back to to tell that i don't play it as written. I writed it and then forget it:)...drool

This post has been edited by oikonen: Jul 27 2009, 09:25 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Legato_exercise.gp5 ( 3.66K ) Number of downloads: 108
Attached File  60bpm.avi ( 13.52MB ) Number of downloads: 98

--------------------

Blue Steel
- Wiggle your big toe -

+Quote Post
besip
Jul 27 2009, 03:49 PM
To- Oikonen & Santiago

yeaahh Guys nice exersizes thanks...i will try them booth...and anyway even if i don't gonna exactly play what u past here u guys made me think how to create the exersize for the ring independency cool.gif

Rene

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:21 AM