3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Gmc Annual Event, an idea....
Muris Varajic
Mar 27 2008, 10:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 27 2008, 09:04 AM) *
Yes this would be absolutely awesome...! smile.gif This shouldn't be impossible.

Great Kris,glad you're with all of us on this. smile.gif
Do you think it's time to slowly start with preparations right now?
I believe each of us can do at least something to make it happen one day,no matter when.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 27 2008, 03:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 27 2008, 05:41 AM) *
Great Kris,glad you're with all of us on this. smile.gif
Do you think it's time to slowly start with preparations right now?
I believe each of us can do at least something to make it happen one day,no matter when.

Absolutely agree with you Muris! :-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 27 2008, 03:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 25 2008, 09:04 PM) *
That's an awesome idea, for sure not easy to be organized, but we could plan everything carefully and it doesn't have to happen next week, we could take all the time that we need to make it happen. Concerning possible sponsors, if we have something more concrete (date, place ect.) I could talk to Gibson, I am sure I could arrange something with them.

Marcus Marcus Marcus!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 27 2008, 03:50 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
The Gibson guys are extremely cool, I have never worked with a better company (and never played better guitars smile.gif ), so I am sure I could arrange something with them, I would just need some more detailed information to present them. But yeah, let's start collecting ideas and see what we can do then, would for sure be a cool event.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 27 2008, 03:55 PM
Instructor
It would be great if we can participate in any big european music fairs, to have a stand with some computers connected for the visitors to see lessons on GMC, and possibly to have some instructors jamming there smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 27 2008, 04:09 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I'll stickie this thread so it doesn't get lost - but I think we may want to start a specific thread (or several) to plan this.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 27 2008, 04:10 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Also meant to say that if necessary we might need a sub forum Kris?

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 27 2008, 04:17 PM
GMC Founder
The way I see it - it is not a matter of if we are going to do this, but when we are going to do it!

Not only would this be a blast - but it would be very beneficial to GMC (both community- and business-wise etc).

However - I recently "tried" to have a one week vacation, but it was impossible, I had to work all the time anyway. Preparing something like this is currently not doable.

If we give it a little time - I think the first step could be what Dejan suggested, to go through a music fair and thereby not having to administer it all by ourselves... And who knows maybe Marcus is onto something smile.gif - having a sponsor (in other words trying to find common interests with a larger company) would definitely help for this kind of thing.

Keep the awesome ideas coming! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 27 2008, 04:46 PM
Instructor
No need for rush here,absolutely not. smile.gif

I would like to have a strategy on collecting sponsors.
Per example,iPod as great tool for playing backing tracks and jamming over.
Apple is large company and I hope GMC doesn't need
to advertise them a lot to get a deal.

Another cool stuff are plugins,like GuitarRig,Amplitube etc.
Most of young guitarist are using them instead of real amps and pedals.
I guess we can get few of them as sponsors as well.

As for guitar and amp companies,list is too huge.
Marcus has Gibson in plan tho. smile.gif

So,we need one or few guys to eventually contact some of those companies in future. unsure.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 27 2008, 06:08 PM
Instructor
All this is so exciting!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 27 2008, 08:21 PM
Instructor
Some big music fair is a good direction for this idea to develop. There we can be visitors and work on the stand getting people to know the GMC and holding some organized clinics in T Shirt. It would definitely be a great promotion.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 27 2008, 09:47 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Music fair idea is best I think wink.gif Can be a great promotion wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 27 2008, 09:47 PM
Lets go fishing!
I think this is a fabulous idea Nick!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 28 2008, 11:57 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Now would we be talking about getting some kind of a booth at the fair? If so, we could take turns manning it in our TShirts and maybe organise a breakout event where we meet and greet and ealso explain to potential new members what GMC does - so a way of all meeting each other as well as looking for new members. We could give a special show price subscription as well!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 28 2008, 12:48 PM
Instructor
The more we guys talk about it, the more it seems plausible! biggrin.gif Very exiting!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 28 2008, 01:07 PM
Instructor
yeah I remember when I worked for a famous london guitar school, they hired some scantily clad girls (very attractive!) and they hung around the stand approaching people and handing them flyers (it really worked believe me!) - we got to hang out with them afterwards .... ahhhhh those were the days....

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 28 2008, 01:20 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (Nick Kellie @ Mar 28 2008, 01:07 PM) *
yeah I remember when I worked for a famous london guitar school, they hired some scantily clad girls (very attractive!) and they hung around the stand approaching people and handing them flyers (it really worked believe me!) - we got to hang out with them afterwards .... ahhhhh those were the days....

Hahaha, nice idea wink.gif
Well, I will talk to Gibson sometime next week and see if they are interested in something like that, and whoever has any deals or contacts to companies that might fit should do the same, like this we can get some feedback and make a list of sponsors that might be interested.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 28 2008, 01:40 PM
Instructor
cool.... im endorsed by elixir strings and may have some exciting news from yamaha and carvin soon .... Plus I have quite a lot of connections with other companies that may be interested.

nick

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 28 2008, 03:05 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Nick Kellie @ Mar 28 2008, 08:40 AM) *
cool.... im endorsed by elixir strings and may have some exciting news from yamaha and carvin soon .... Plus I have quite a lot of connections with other companies that may be interested.

nick

So is Marcus L - maybe it would carry more weight if you approached Elixir together?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 28 2008, 04:23 PM
Instructor
I agree, the more people involved, the better the promotion is.

Does anybody know on what type of music fair this idea would be plausible. What kind of shows and where are hold? I know only for Musikmesse Frankfurt..

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:12 PM