2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Audio/video Recording Pc, which OS ?
audiopaal
Aug 23 2009, 12:45 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 20 2009, 01:49 PM) *
I think you can have 3Gb of ram with Win XP. That's because it's the 32 bit system. The benefit of 64 bit system is obviously more ram and some audio and plugin processings can be done much better than on 32 bit system. If you go for 64 bit you need to make sure that drivers are available for your hardware.

Depending on your system, XP 32-bit can take advantage of maximum 4 GB RAM.
No matter what you do or what your system says, it cannot use more than this.
And usually no more than 3,2 - 3,7 GB RAM.

64-bit OS however, have a higher limit.

I agree with Emir, so if you go for Vista you HAVE TO CHECK that all drivers are available for your hardware! smile.gif
I would go for XP as that is without a doubt the most stabile OS for music production as of now!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 23 2009, 07:13 PM
Instructor
Let me just add one more thing, 64bit architecture is something new, and as with all new technologies it must be developed through a number of years to really become stable and practical. For now it is good and lots of people can use it, but it is not for everyone. 32bit platform is something that is on the market for 15 years now and it is mature technology that is quite stable. To get the best out of 64bit platform it is best to wait for some time.
Of course, if you are power user and like to try new things, Vista could be a nice experience. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 24 2009, 06:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
With my 32bit vs 64bit dilemma it was mostly about Windows XP as it has both versions available. I won't go for Vista and Windows 7 is not an option and I don't think drivers are available for all the hardware I use.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:36 PM