Drum Lessons At Gmc?! New Instructor Kyle Logue!
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 25 2008, 11:55 AM
GMC Founder
Hey there, ok no idea to keep it secret any longer: We are working to make GMC the best possible place to start a successful Virtual Band! This brings me to the point:

Welcome Kyle Logue! laugh.gif

Kyle is 22 years old from Nacogdoches tx (edited - sorry for mistaking your location! smile.gif ) - he is a subscribing GMC member and contacted me a couple of weeks ago. And now it looks like the first drum lesson at GMC is about to become reality!

His first lesson will illustrate a very simple beat + fill, using an electronic drumset. This lesson should provide some excellent instructions on how to create a beat in your sequencer software. In other words these lessons will be aimed towards the average gmc guitar student! (you won't be needing a drumset to us ethese lessons) smile.gif

Kyle also impressed me with great songwriting skills:

Attached File  Kyle_Logue___In_This_Moment.mp3 ( 6.64MB ) Number of downloads: 372

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Robin
Jan 25 2008, 11:59 AM
GMC:er
This is great.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 25 2008, 12:02 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
No way!!! biggrin.gif thats awesome news!! biggrin.gif cant wait for the lessons! Been toying with the idea for some time to get an electronic kit myself, this may just tip the balance cool.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 25 2008, 12:06 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Wayhay! Awesome news.....Kris, this makes me wonder what else you could be hiding...

I can't wait!

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 25 2008, 12:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey excellent new Kris.

Double stroke rolls and ratamaques here we come lol smile.gif

Looking forward to the lessons for some tips.

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 25 2008, 12:16 PM
Instructor
Great news Kris biggrin.gif Let me guess, the next will be keyboard lessons biggrin.gif

Welcome Kyle smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 25 2008, 12:18 PM
Instructor
Awesome,welcome Kyle! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jan 25 2008, 12:24 PM
This is cool news, can't wait for the first lesson smile.gif ( very nice song btw smile.gif )

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 25 2008, 12:30 PM
Lets go fishing!
This will be most useful, Welcome Kyle biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 25 2008, 12:38 PM
Singing Instructor
Drums....wow....great news...can wait to see...welcome Kyle...

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 25 2008, 12:41 PM
Wow, awesome! smile.gif I could really use some drum lessons as right now I have no idea how to create a decent drum track.

Welcome Kyle!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 25 2008, 12:56 PM
QUOTE (Dejan @ Jan 25 2008, 06:16 AM) *
Great news Kris biggrin.gif Let me guess, the next will be keyboard lessons biggrin.gif

I would love keyboard lessions biggrin.gif ive been dying to learn! but drums are something that i need to work on too! Thanks Kris! and welcome Kyle!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 25 2008, 01:41 PM
Instructor
Welcome Kyle!!!
Great to have some drum lessons! smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 25 2008, 01:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome News.....and Welcome Kyle!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 25 2008, 01:46 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
This is cool! Just like Chris I've been wanting a electronic drumset for some time now but always wiped those thoughs away because I'd never get going. ...may have to buy a larger house first though.

Drums + songwriting will be just great! And so was the demo song. I do have a drumming problem with EZdrummer, I usualy put an simple beat first, then record guitars and after that I go find the beat I want. Isn't that the wrong way to approach it? Anyway, hoping to pick up some ideas and hints to songwriting here!

Welcome as an instructor! :-)

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jan 25 2008, 01:47 PM

+Quote Post
visi0n
Jan 25 2008, 01:54 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
thats awesome, welcome Kyle ..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
Jan 25 2008, 01:58 PM
So THAT was the secret you were talking about in the huge chat session a few weeks ago biggrin.gif
Really awesome news, i cant wait to see this smile.gif
Welcome Kyle!

This post has been edited by Gen: Jan 25 2008, 02:07 PM

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 25 2008, 02:02 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is just great news , welcome Kyle !! Great to have you here! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Mr T
Jan 25 2008, 02:10 PM
This should be very interesting. Welcome!

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 25 2008, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Yeah, really good new !!!!! I will study hard this lessons biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:28 AM