3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
What Movie Did You Watch Recently?
Mertay
May 5 2014, 09:51 PM
GMC:er
Watched the new robocop movie, wasn't bad...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
May 5 2014, 10:13 PM
Trying to train my wife to like StarWars. We're on Empire but she's still not sold.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 5 2014, 10:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Watched recently Divergent and as I'm not really a fan of the genre (Hinger Games), I was pleasantly surprised the movie was fun smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 6 2014, 01:44 AM
Instructor
I watched "Last Vegas" and I really had fun with it. It also has a nice message.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 6 2014, 02:29 AM
So many bad movies these days it seems. The last movie that I watched and actually liked was probably "LOOPER".

Actually well written and fast paced. Interesting storyline and fun twists.

The only other one that comes to mind is FOURTH ESTATE about wikileaks founder.

QUOTE (El Marto @ Apr 29 2011, 09:54 AM) *
Since this is the subforum related to movies etc., I thought of adding this topic. Here people post the movie they last saw and what they thought of it. When a lot of people do this, maybe we can get some new movies to watch, or give each other recommendations, or ...
I hope you get the point.

So, let's start:

I watched Machete a couple of days ago. I watched it for the second time, because I think it's way too awesome biggrin.gif The movie is too blown up to be taken serious, but that's the point. And I like that!

So, what movies did you watch recently?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 6 2014, 11:24 PM
I also liked the 12 Years A Slave movie, but it is a bit difficult in theme.

Heard recommendations for the movie The Railway Man, I'm planning to watch it soon.
Since I liked the old movie called "The Bridge On The River Kwai", this one should have the similar vibe.

Also, recently seen The Book Thief - very interesting movie.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 7 2014, 05:51 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
I haven't seen any new movies lately, but today I was off from working due to rain, so me and my lady watched the last 2 Star Trek flicks on blu-ray. We are eagerly awaiting the new Godzilla movie coming soon. I love every Godzilla flick ever made no matter how cheesy they are. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 18 2014, 11:14 PM
I have seen recently Dallas Buyers Club and it was a very good movie.
A bit hard theme and drama but really well done and worth seeing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2014, 12:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 18 2014, 07:14 PM) *
I have seen recently Dallas Buyers Club and it was a very good movie.
A bit hard theme and drama but really well done and worth seeing.

I liked it! I have seen this one some days ago:

It's a cool documentary about New York music and art in 1977. Punk, Disco & Hip Hop explosions...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
May 19 2014, 03:21 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 6 2014, 11:51 PM) *
I haven't seen any new movies lately, but today I was off from working due to rain, so me and my lady watched the last 2 Star Trek flicks on blu-ray. We are eagerly awaiting the new Godzilla movie coming soon. I love every Godzilla flick ever made no matter how cheesy they are. biggrin.gif

I LOVE Godzilla movies!

Have you seen "GodZilla:Final Wars" from 2004? It was done as a 50th anniversary movie, and it's great, plus the soundtrack is done by Keith Emerson from Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

This post has been edited by Hexabuzz: May 19 2014, 03:21 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 19 2014, 10:48 AM
Instructor
RED 2 is a good laugh.. plus it's got an unbelievably sexy Porsche Carrera GTS in it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 19 2014, 04:40 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 19 2014, 11:48 AM) *
RED 2 is a good laugh.. plus it's got an unbelievably sexy Porsche Carrera GTS in it biggrin.gif

Talking about the car, the other day I was watching a movie (can't remember the title now sad.gif ) and its an action flick.
Guy going all over the city to stop bombs etc (Die Hard 3 knockoff script). In all the running around, the main action hero needs to stop a car and from all the cars he could have stopped he gets some kind of custom, old school muscle car (like Ford Mustang smile.gif ). I was 'cmon - this is so predictable. It happens every time! smile.gif

Speaking of Die Hard 3, I love the action scene where John McClane jumps into a Yugo car and it runs so badly. It is a Serbian made car and it IS a bad very car laugh.gif

This is what Top Gear did with it :

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 19 2014, 06:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 19 2014, 04:40 PM) *
In all the running around, the main action hero needs to stop a car and from all the cars he could have stopped he gets some kind of custom, old school muscle car (like Ford Mustang smile.gif ). I was 'cmon - this is so predictable. It happens every time! smile.gif

Yeah, that wouldn't happen... if anyone used an old school Mustang to get anywhere fast they would smash into the nearest lampost as soon as they tried a fast corner !!

Unless that person was Steve McQueen !

+Quote Post
Spock
May 20 2014, 04:01 PM
The last movie I watched that I can remember was Django Unchained (2nd time), that movie is awesome!

Right now, I'm all into Game of Thrones season 4. Also, there is a hilarious show that comes on HBO called Silicon Valley. Really that is all the TV I watch, Ghost Adventures on Saturday night, Game of Thrones on Sunday Night and Silicon Valley which I record and watch when I can.

+Quote Post
Ulrik
May 20 2014, 04:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Haven't been to the cinema in a long time, but these are what I saw lately on Danish TV, they are a couple of years old.

An ok movie to watch once. And Petyr Baelish is up to no good smile.gif :

And one more Statham, If you just want some action:

I recommend this one:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
May 20 2014, 06:21 PM
Here's a scene from Silicon Valley that had me in tears I was laughing so hard...

+Quote Post
bleez
May 27 2014, 12:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I watched Willow Creek at the weekend, Its a Blairwitch project meets Bigfoot type of movie. Usually this sort of movie is totally my sort of thing but my advice is to avoid it like the plague mellow.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Spock
May 29 2014, 07:48 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ May 27 2014, 07:59 AM) *
I watched Willow Creek at the weekend, Its a Blairwitch project meets Bigfoot type of movie. Usually this sort of movie is totally my sort of thing but my advice is to avoid it like the plague mellow.gif

Speaking of Bigfoot, Les Stroud aka (Survivorman) is going to be doing a special Bigfoot expedition. I watched an episode that got him interested in the subject, as he was a complete skeptic up until that one expedition he took.

I'm looking forward to it.

SURVIVORMAN BIGFOOT: A BRAND NEW 2-PART SPECIAL FOR SCIENCE CHANNEL US, DISCOVERY CHANNEL US, and TRAVEL & ESCAPE IN CANADA

During the making of Survivorman Alaska in 2009, SURVIVORMAN LES STROUD experienced his first possible Bigfoot encounter.

“The strangest thing happened…I was making my grass matt and all of a sudden a deep and very loud grunting noise about fifty yards away brought me to my feet and put the hairs up on the back of my neck. It repeated five times and I have to say it sounded…just like a large gorilla…”
Les acknowledged the experience, but didn’t speak publicly about it until February 2011. In an interview with 93.3 KZOZ, hosts Jeff and Jeremy In The Morning asked if Les had ever had a Bigfoot encounter. Les unexpectedly opened up about his Alaskan encounter. “It sounded like a big ape, that’s all I can tell ya’. The interview has been viewed over 250,000 times since.
This interview sparked thousands of Les Stroud fans from around the world to weigh in on the Bigfoot debate. Fans described their own Sasquatch encounters via email, letters and social media and demanded Les secure proof.
Overwhelmed by the response, Les has decided to uncover the truth. Joined by Bigfoot expert TODD STANDING, Les travels to two remote Bigfoot hot spots to debunk the myths that surround Bigfoot phenomena. TODD STANDING literally made international headlines with his incredible video footage and physical evidence of Bigfoot. Dozens of major networks and production companies have attempted to negotiate agreements with him. From the beginning, he has maintained his work is repeatable with the statement, “Don’t take my word for it, come with me and I will show you first-hand the reality of this species.”
For expeditions to yield any success, the search must be made by the most elite of wilderness experts who have the experience to film in the extreme conditions one can expect from the most remote locations.
Of the 7 billion people on the planet, only LES STROUD fits the criteria.

SURVIVORMAN BIGFOOT is a 2-part special airing on Travel & Escape Channel Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 at 10PM EST and Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 at 10PM EST. Discovery Channel US and Science Channel US have yet to release airdates. Stay tuned for more information.

Here he is on the Joe Rogan show talking about his 2nd experience...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2014, 02:34 AM
Good call! I liked RED 2 as well smile.gif I thought GRAVITY was a bit long and boring considering it won so many awards. The latest CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK (part III) was way cheeseball but fun smile.gif

Also, POMPEI wasn't bad. It has the "Bastard Stark" guy from Game of Thrones. But you know how it ends smile.gif Big volcano and everybody dies. It's like Titanic but with a Volcano smile.gif

The new ROBOCOP wasn't bad. Wasn't great, but had some good action scenes. I like MONUMENTS MEN also, but the most enjoyable of many i've seen lately was JACK RYAN: SHADOW RECRUIT which is the prequel to all the Spy/Cia movies that starred Harrison Ford.

I am looking forward to the crazy action of PROTECTOR 2 smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 19 2014, 05:48 AM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 30 2014, 02:43 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
May 30 2014, 08:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Spock @ May 29 2014, 07:48 PM) *
Speaking of Bigfoot, Les Stroud aka (Survivorman) is going to be doing a special Bigfoot expedition. I watched an episode that got him interested in the subject, as he was a complete skeptic up until that one expedition he took.

I'm looking forward to it.

[i]SURVIVORMAN BIGFOOT: A BRAND NEW 2-PART SPECIAL FOR SCIENCE CHANNEL US, DISCOVERY CHANNEL US, and TRAVEL & ESCAPE IN CANADA

this sounds awesome ohmy.gif Ive totally got to see this! I like Les Stroud he's way cool. I'll need to find it online because I doubt it will screen on UK TV. We only get that 'finding bigfoot' nonsense dry.gif
thanks for the heads up about the show, I had no idea this had been made smile.gif

*** EDIT ***
OOOH found it online, awesome!

This post has been edited by bleez: May 30 2014, 10:23 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:50 AM