Another "it Hurts Should I Stop Topic"
buttmonk
Sep 4 2008, 04:18 PM
GMC:er
Yooooodle,

I have been learning the intro to sweet child and all the different variations of that riff and stringing them together in different orders, and can pretty much do it cleanly, reliably and up to speed which I am quite pleased with:)

I now notice (when riding my bike for some reason) that there is a dull pain in my picking hand wrist just about where the side of the thumb meets the wrist) and I am pretty sure it is from the wrist action of playing all those string skips. Anyways, it deosn't hurt when I play but I do notice it some times doing other things. This has been going on for about a wk, I normally play a bit every day.

So, should I just keep going or stop for a few days? I play this with strict alternate picking and it is all done with my hand pretty much stationary and just using wrist action, wondering if there is bit of bad technique causing this as well...tho I would guess that the technique is OK but I am just using too much tension in my hand.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by buttmonk: Sep 4 2008, 04:21 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 4 2008, 11:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I'm guessing this isn't serious...Rather just muscle fatigue from hours of practicing..Guess its ok , just don't over do it (practicing) especially if it persists for some time or gets worse..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:52 PM