Out Of Memory In Daw
Phil66
Jul 11 2015, 08:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello everyone,

For some reason my DAW, (Guitar Tracks 4 by Roland Cakewalk) has started reporting "Out Of Memory" when I try to import even the smallest MP3.

Any ideas? I have 8GB RAM, 5 of which are free and I'm only using 20% of CPU.

Guess I need to learn Reaper now unsure.gif

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 11 2015, 08:48 PM
GMC:er
I've never used that DAW but have you tried the basic things like rebooting, etc? Also, is there plenty of space on your hard drive? If your hard drive is full or even mostly full it can cause all sorts of problems. You should have 20 percent free on your primary hard drive at all times if possible smile.gif

On a secondary note, probably a good idea to try reaper as nearly everyone here has at least some experience with it and can offer some help smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 11 2015, 03:07 PM) *
Hello everyone,

For some reason my DAW, (Guitar Tracks 4 by Roland Cakewalk) has started reporting "Out Of Memory" when I try to import even the smallest MP3.

Any ideas? I have 8GB RAM, 5 of which are free and I'm only using 20% of CPU.

Guess I need to learn Reaper now unsure.gif

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 11 2015, 09:24 PM
Might be bug too, first check re-booting etc. like Todd advised and later check if there are any updates. Worst case re-install the program.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 11 2015, 10:10 PM
Thanks folks,

Primary HD is a 256GB ssd so I'm really careful with that. This started last night out of the blue, hadn't installed anything.

Anyway, I had a good play with Reaper and though it is much much bigger than Guitar Tracks I did like it so I'll probably stick with it.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 11 2015, 11:17 PM
Good call smile.gif Reaper is a really solid DAW and lots of folks here can help if you have questions smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 11 2015, 05:10 PM) *
Thanks folks,

Primary HD is a 256GB ssd so I'm really careful with that. This started last night out of the blue, hadn't installed anything.

Anyway, I had a good play with Reaper and though it is much much bigger than Guitar Tracks I did like it so I'll probably stick with it.

Cheers

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 12 2015, 12:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
try cleaning out your project directory( in the File tab) in reaper, although I don't think its the problem

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2015, 09:13 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 12 2015, 12:29 AM) *
try cleaning out your project directory( in the File tab) in reaper, although I don't think its the problem

Thanks but the problem is with Guitar Tracks not Reaper smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2015, 12:49 PM
OK,

I've purchased a Reaper license, expect many questions laugh.gif

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 12 2015, 01:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 12 2015, 09:13 AM) *
Thanks but the problem is with Guitar Tracks not Reaper smile.gif

So I was right , it wasn't the problem wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 12 2015, 02:45 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 12 2015, 11:49 AM) *
OK,

I've purchased a Reaper license, expect many questions laugh.gif

Phil

Cool, keep in mind the reaper forum isn't bad either. I asked a few stuff long ago there and people were friendly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:29 PM