> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Easy Fingerstyle Blues, Lesson By Fabian Ratsak
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

kiendop
Jan 16 2015, 03:07 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Easy Fingerstyle Blues by Fabian Ratsak

Hey, my first try at the REC program, thanks for watching, Janneke

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2015, 10:50 PM
Instructor
Hi kiendop! Congrats on your first REC take! smile.gif

This is a very nice bluesy tune that requires a good manage of right hand fingering. You've learnt the whole lesson really well, each lick and note is there, now it's time to adjust two things:

- Timing
- Vibrato

The first one is the most notorious and the main thing to focus during the next days of practice. The main problem is happening with the bass note played with your right hand thumb. This note goes with the beat in 4th notes, and it's not tight, sometimes it's a bit before while some other times is after. As the rhythm played by the time is simple, I think that you should practice it until you can automatize it and put your attention on the higher strings. The higher licks are better talking about timing, I just note some problems near to the end where you play the licks a bit before the beat.

Vibrato is there, but it still needs to be more consistent. Work on this technique, and if it's possible use this lesson for it: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

Ok friend, I think that you are doing a very good job, just keep going!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2015, 12:46 PM
Instructor
Hello Janneke!

Gabi has already pointed out the important details, so please focus on implementing them and also take some time to revise our little discussions about vibrato, while also seeing them applied in Ben's lesson, which I find to be a great way to practice vibrato!

Now, there's nothing I could add so all I can do is make sure you follow a healthy set of steps to develop this lesson further:

- you proved you know the lesson parts all put together, so there's no problem there
- try to play along and record your take over the original recording while trying to listen to the groove and timing of the original lesson - are you in perfect synch with it?
- if the answer is yes, all you need to do is practice it until it becomes natural and then record it over the backing
- if you notice issues in timing, isolate those parts which are giving you trouble and practice them with the metronome in order to understand the rhythm behind them - where do they begin, how long do they last and where do they end? It's always a good idea to count in order to understand better.

All that said and done, I hope my thoughts will help you!

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 18 2015, 12:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Janneke, first can I say that is such a nice tone !

Ok, as Gab and Cosmin have told you, timing is an area that you can focus on to improve this piece.

The bass notes that you play with your thumb are occasionally occurring a little early. Finger style is a hard technique. Trying to control the movements of different digits on one hand is always going to be a challenge when it comes to timing. I think you do a great job, it just needs to be tightened up a bit more.

You can play along with the original, as the guys have said. This is a great way of locking in with the groove.

Vibrato is a little harder to learn and it may be something that will come later but it's definitely worth trying to add to your playing. I would keep timing as a priority and experiment with vibrato in the meantime as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 18 2015, 08:57 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:23 PM