10 Stupid Things People Say To Musicians
Sensible Jones
Apr 2 2014, 04:04 PM
GMC:er
I've been asked a couple of these over the years, how about you??
Find the article HERE!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 2 2014, 04:17 PM
Priceless ... and completely true!

*I still get guys who'll see me walking with a case and ask, "lead or bass?" - I love that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Apr 2 2014, 04:39 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 2 2014, 04:17 PM) *
Priceless ... and completely true!

*I still get guys who'll see me walking with a case and ask, "lead or bass?" - I love that.

Tell em you're a machine gunnerist!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 2 2014, 05:21 PM
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Apr 2 2014, 08:39 AM) *
Tell em you're a machine gunnerist!! laugh.gif

Walk into a bank with a Steinberger in a soft case over your shoulder and watch the shenanigans that ensue laugh.gif
Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 3 2014, 02:56 PM

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 2 2014, 05:43 PM
Tone Seeker
"A new collab. When !?"

ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 2 2014, 05:43 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
One club owner once after getting answer for transport (=fuel) costs quote which were very reasonable (2 cars to carry all the gear and musicians) asked us : "What? Are you driving a helicopter?" laugh.gif

They seem to think we can magically appear at the spot with full PA, drum kit, amps and instruments by riding a bicycle or that we get fuel for free smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 3 2014, 02:32 PM
Instructor
They forget we do not own teleports ":D

Ken...I've just imagined what You said biggrin.gif This could be worst day ever I suppose. You can try if You never had a close contact with the floor , caused by guards smile.gif))

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 3 2014, 02:58 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 3 2014, 06:32 AM) *
They forget we do not own teleports ":D

Ken...I've just imagined what You said biggrin.gif This could be worst day ever I suppose. You can try if You never had a close contact with the floor , caused by guards smile.gif))

I didn't taste the floor but lets just say they, 3 of them, were aggressively curious to quickly open and look inside that bag.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 3 2014, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Well I though You were just joking smile.gif))

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 3 2014, 03:43 PM
I've played in prisons twice and both times they thoroughly x-ray'd all of the bands gear looking for drugs and weapons.

Right after 9/11 (at least here in the states) if you were flying with pedals they would often open them up - take the bottom off.
Especially any type of modulation device. There's a timing mechanism attached to battery in most of those.

But back to the OP.
Ah, you're a musician ... do I know who you are? Or, are you famous?
My answer: Nah, you don't know me I'm just a side guy.
What I'd like to say: I don't know, do you know me? And ... if I was famous you probably wouldn't be asking me that question.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 3 2014, 03:50 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 3 2014, 04:53 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 3 2014, 02:43 PM) *
But back to the OP.
Ah, you're a musician ... do I know who you are? Or, are you famous?
My answer: Nah, you don't know me I'm just a side guy.
What I'd like to say: I don't know, do you know me? And ... if I was famous you probably wouldn't be asking me that question.

On a flight to Dublin......
We were just leaving the aircraft and I was dressed all in leathers and had a guitar as my hand luggage. This lovely old Irish Lady says:-
"Are ye famous?"
"Nah, not really."
"Ach, ya will be one day, ya will!!"
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 3 2014, 11:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 2 2014, 05:21 PM) *
Walk into a bank with a Steinberger in a soft case over your shoulder and watch the shenanigans that ensue laugh.gif

now I just want to go do this

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 4 2014, 08:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Apr 2 2014, 04:43 PM) *
One club owner once after getting answer for transport (=fuel) costs quote which were very reasonable (2 cars to carry all the gear and musicians) asked us : "What? Are you driving a helicopter?" laugh.gif

They seem to think we can magically appear at the spot with full PA, drum kit, amps and instruments by riding a bicycle or that we get fuel for free smile.gif

What? C'mon man, are you kidding? Don't you guys know how to do that? laugh.gif

Kidding aside, I get that a lot of times - Why don't you audition at 'The Voice' or at the 'Romanians have talent' man, you can play the guitar AND sing! - Jesus lord in heaven, the people around us are so ignorant and dumb sometimes, it makes you wonder how come it doesn't make them scream in agonizing pain.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 4 2014, 08:52 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 4 2014, 12:48 AM) *
Jesus lord in heaven, the people around us are so ignorant and dumb sometimes, it makes you wonder how come it doesn't make them scream in agonizing pain.

laugh.gif It just makes us scream in agonizing pain. Ignorance is bliss.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 4 2014, 11:26 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 4 2014, 07:48 AM) *
Kidding aside, I get that a lot of times - Why don't you audition at 'The Voice' or at the 'Romanians have talent' man, you can play the guitar AND sing! - Jesus lord in heaven, the people around us are so ignorant and dumb sometimes, it makes you wonder how come it doesn't make them scream in agonizing pain.

I used to get that too, or if a local Bar had a Karaoke night then I always used to get asked 'Why aren't you having a go?' or 'What are you going to sing?' even though everyone knows I dislike Karaoke with a passion!! My reply is always something along the lines of 'I'll only sing if I have a guitar in my hands, do you see a guitar?'
biggrin.gif

On a slightly more serious note, I've been asked to play guitar for a friends daughter at the upcoming auditions for the British version of X-Factor, she has a great voice and has worked with a couple of local Producers. We're just working out Acoustic versions of a few songs, which include Rhianna 'Unfaithful' and maybe 'Umbrella'!
smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jessi
Apr 4 2014, 12:54 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 4 2014, 08:48 AM) *

I'm with you biggrin.gif
You can't change peoples dumbness, but there is a solution laugh.gif

Greetings

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 01:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
"Play Wonderwall!"

That's heard quite often here in Denmark if you have an acoustic guitar.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Josh Adams
Apr 4 2014, 03:44 PM
I know many people I know are astounded at how people just can't get it into their heads that playing music can be a paying gig. There does seem to be a general assumption that unless Simon Cowell or the like has touched you with his magical music abilities (LOL) then you've obviously got a secret job at a supermarket on the side.

So infuriating.

This post has been edited by Josh Adams: Apr 4 2014, 03:44 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 5 2014, 10:21 AM
Learning Tone Master
"would you like to sign my breast" I hate when the ladies say this,well,I had to sign it just cause you got to be nice and sociable wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 5 2014, 12:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jessi @ Apr 4 2014, 11:54 AM) *
I'm with you biggrin.gif
You can't change peoples dumbness, but there is a solution laugh.gif

Greetings

Heh, it goes by the saying - "If you can't beat them, join them?" biggrin.gif Jessi, long time no see - how is guitar playing going along?

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 5 2014, 09:21 AM) *
"would you like to sign my breast" I hate when the ladies say this,well,I had to sign it just cause you got to be nice and sociable wink.gif

How come no one ever says that to me, man? sad.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:33 AM