> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(pass 9.2) O Holy Night - Adolphe Adam, Lesson By Marcus Lavendell
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
10 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
Total Votes: 5

nikeman64
Dec 14 2011, 10:11 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: O Holy Night - Adolphe Adam by Marcus Lavendell

Hey guys, this one was ready 2 weeks ago and I actually wanted to wait another week to post it. But since Zeus posted a version today, I obviously cannot wait any longer, or it would look like a repeat. So here it is, 10 days in advance. I hope you like it Nico PS : Zeus, I like your version too man !!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 14 2011, 04:01 PM
Instructor
Whoaaa biggrin.gif HOW COOL IS THAT NICO? biggrin.gif You made a super nice vid and the take is very good. The only things you should pay attention to would be the bending and vibrato which need a bit more work! You're on the right patch though, so keep up the good work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 14 2011, 07:31 PM
Instructor
OH YES !! ONe of my favourite lessons and I'm so pleased to hear it being played !

Nico, what a fantastic job !! Even if some of the bends/vibratos weren't perfect, I didn't hear it because I was too busy being captivated by the meotion and passion of the playing, which makes it a 10 in my book ! Great tone and everything biggrin.gif

P.S. I bet this performance made you popular with your wife wink.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 14 2011, 10:40 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 14 2011, 08:08 PM
Instructor
AMAZING!! I love your expressive playing man!! This is so epic. The piece of music is so beautiful and you did a great interpretation. Thanks for this nice video and Merry Christmas!! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 15 2011, 12:57 AM
Instructor
Well done man, awesome video biggrin.gif Excellent playing, but as guys said, keep in mind that vibrato should be well controlled and more precise in pitch in order to be effective.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 15 2011, 06:20 PM
Instructor
excellent lights and proper lightening for the season biggrin.gif how cool!

Nice take! I enjoyed your playing! I agree with Ivan, there's a still a hint of sharpness in the long notes, pay attention to that and you'll be sounding just excellent!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 22 2011, 10:32 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
9.2 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:22 PM