Learning Pieces Of Music A Couple Interesting Tips
PosterBoy
Apr 30 2017, 09:44 AM
Learning Roadie
I heard an interesting piece of advice regarding learning pieces of music.

We all know about learning a piece in chunks one bar at a time, but I heard about learning it backwards, so you learn the last bar and then the 2nd to last and build the piece of music that way so your fingers already know what is coming next.

This is also used when learning a foreign language and learning the pronunciation of words where you start with the last sound and then the next until you have the whole word.

One thing I've found when learning from start to finish is that after working on a bar or two the last note seems very final as I've been practising it for some time that it's difficult to flow into the next note of the next bar.

Learning backwards should help with that as you will flow into a line that your fingers already know how to play.

If you don't like that and prefer going from start to finish you could always learn a bar or two BUT include the first note of the next chunk of music so your fingers can anticipate the next passage, this should also help avoid the problem with flowing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 30 2017, 07:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:22 AM