E-mu 1820 Is It A Good Soundcard?
AslanMontaz
Dec 25 2010, 03:51 PM
GMC:er
Hi can someone help me? i need to decide if i should buy this soundcard or not its a E-MU 1820 http://www.zzounds.com/item--EMU1820

http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=9871

is it good? im going to use it with cubase 5 to record vocals, guitar and bass will it sound good with guitar rig 4? will my music sound like high quality/studio like or more like a budget sound.. ?

please help me i need to decide today if im going to buy it or not. ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar is a part of me without it im Disabled
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 27 2010, 12:33 AM
GMC:er
This is a great card. I'd say go for it smile.gif

QUOTE (AslanMontaz @ Dec 25 2010, 09:51 AM) *
Hi can someone help me? i need to decide if i should buy this soundcard or not its a E-MU 1820 http://www.zzounds.com/item--EMU1820

http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=9871

is it good? im going to use it with cubase 5 to record vocals, guitar and bass will it sound good with guitar rig 4? will my music sound like high quality/studio like or more like a budget sound.. ?

please help me i need to decide today if im going to buy it or not. ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 28 2010, 03:23 AM
Instructor
Wetter it will sound good depends on your ability to mix, make tones and play. But 1820 card is great, and you will have no problems working with it. I have EMU 1212m, and I love it. It's a great and stable card with excellent drivers and software. Great software bundle, low latency and it has onboard hardware DSP.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 31 2010, 03:08 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
It is a very good sound card. It will sound and do its job well. BUT, its not the sound card that is SO important. Its your ability to record good and natural signal. In this case vocals (most difficult to do) guitar and bass. If you can make a healthy recording, mix it well and do some production/mastering - yes you will get a very good recording. Don't be intimidated with this - it takes a lot of time and dedication to learn how to do this - but with practice you will get better at it and as a result your recording will sound better (more like studio recordings).

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:48 PM