Yes [ 32 ] ** [66.67%]
No [ 10 ] ** [20.83%]
I Can still feel the probes!!!! [ 6 ] ** [12.50%]
Total Votes: 45
Guests cannot vote 
Juan M. Valero
Mar 22 2008, 08:55 AM
Instructor
I supose we will never know if there is anything/anybody more than we... but why not ??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dusty
Mar 22 2008, 12:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 21 2008, 08:56 PM) *
of course.

and it may be even more unusual for a such a species not to bring about it's own destruction at some point. I figure that the next 100 years will determine if the Cockroaches get the next shot here, or we go on. With 20,000 nukes out there, and them spreading more and more, and biological stuff, and ecological disaster forthcoming, a betting man might bet on the Cockroaches.

edit: forgot to mention gross overpopulation of the planet, and it going to double, well beyond sustainable levels. yes, I think my money goes on the cockroaches.

Either the cockroaches or the rats. Hardy little blighters both of them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
dusty
Mar 22 2008, 12:32 PM
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Mar 22 2008, 07:43 AM) *
One thing I've always been thinking about, if there is some other species somewhere, why does everyone(usually) think there technologically more advanced than us? huh.gif

One way of looking at this question is; it depends whic part of the intergalactic neighborhood they are from.
consider the fact that where we are positioned in our galaxy and our relative position in the observable universe.
Our solar system is at at the relative edge of our galaxy and it is estimated to be about 4 billion years old so any other solar systems that are on a galactic parrallel with us in the milky way may be at about the same level of technology. the galaxy itself is estimated to be a couple of billion years older so as you get to the older parts of the galaxy there may be more advanced civilisations but then again given the timescales involved they could have long passed in to extinction. this same train of tought can be applied to other neighbouring galaxies, but then again i have not even begun to mention other development factors such as resource use and availability, conflict and survival etc.. and any way it is still all theory. tongue.gif but interesting none the less

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 22 2008, 01:22 PM
Instructor
Nevermind the shire size of the universe. We don't even know how big the universe is and what else is out there. We don't even know about parallel universes, or other invisible forms of energy that makes our world too. There are some stories but no science proof.
I see the arrival of aliens on our planet or dimension as something very normal. They came recently mesauring in out time, maybe 100 years ago, maybe more, they started to develop themselves here. They do this in form of making a breedingground with their technology first and then blending in with our own species. I don't think they are hostile in a way people are. They are just more developed race, and everything seems hostile to inferior race, even enslaving in a way that makes inferiour race a better one. So do we know that they are here yes. Is my story a make belief, well... just look at the pole results or any other opinion on the topic in the world, everybody think they are here. And they are, but nobody thinks about it more in depth, because that would be wrong and could create panic and stampedo (defending) effect. This is quite understandable even for us - humans. What I think is they make us believe that we are making all the technology in the world, but this has very little sense to me, because the technology is developing at unproportional rates, almost like being accelerated by someone. Why is that - don't know, currently only for observation purposes and educating the masses, but arrival is coming, and the technology is making this happen. In the end I say why not, this is all one big world, everybody should live in peace, many people will say we don't need aliens, tehy will destroy us etc, but people are already destroying themselves all the time, sometimes so evil it is unamaginable, so I look at the arrival from a very positive perspective. Even if humans blend so much that they loose their own race, part of them will always exist in others, or in universe, it is my firm belief. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
erik
Mar 23 2008, 10:31 PM
Of course they exists.. With all the billions and trillions of solar systems out there, how can anybody think that there's nobody else out there?
The evolution of intelligent life is pretty amazing, but not THAT amazing. I mean, how can it not have evolved somewhere else when there is so incredebly many more planets and solar systems and galaxys out there?

This post has been edited by erik: Mar 23 2008, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Mar 23 2008, 10:37 PM
QUOTE (Capt.Z @ Mar 21 2008, 05:16 PM) *

if this isnt proof, what is? laugh.gif

Thats kind of scary! laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tmas
Mar 23 2008, 10:49 PM
Why not? Like many people said, how could there not be anything else out there... The universe is way to big for us to be the only ones.

--------------------
Yeah... I'm member number 911. What about it?

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Mar 24 2008, 12:36 AM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Mar 23 2008, 10:37 PM) *
Thats kind of scary! laugh.gif

And I refuse to include the picture in the quote, because it does not need to be multiplied biggrin.gif Kitty actually made me shudder when I first saw it -- like someone suddenly grabbing my shoulder from behind in a dark alley ohmy.gif

As so many have said, it's not just likely that life exists -- it's probably extremely unlikely that life doesn't exist outside Planet Earth.

The number of stars in the observable universe alone is enough. Right now estimated at 70 sextillion (that's 7 followed by 22 zeros - 70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000). 250 billion stars in our galaxy alone. Probably over 100 billion galaxies.

Even with very pessimistic numbers about the probability of life evolving on one of these stars' planets (which is relatively low - organic molecules don't combine into cells spontaneously every day wink.gif), it takes a lot of improbability to overcome the argument of size smile.gif And a lot of the factors are even rather common: The Sun is a common type of star, suns without planets are the exception, etc.

And this is just in the observable part of the universe. Although scientifically it makes no sense to speak of the part we can never observe, it's more likely than not, that the observable part is a tiny fraction of the universe as a whole.

And then we have 13 billion years of random events to take into account. Plus the possibility of the many universe interpretation of quantum mechanics, where an event of miniscule probability is still certain to happen wink.gif

Whether we think will ever know (as in, we'll see -- incontrovertible -- evidence of extraterrestrial life, by way of them sending out signals we can receive) is a matter of what estimates we put into something like Frank Drake's equation -- and whether we believe they'll actually send something we'll understand as anything but noise wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 25 2008, 02:22 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Ok I once saw something really strange in the sky...I really regret not having my glasses then because it would be much clearer to me..This way it was something white glowing , really huge , going really fast in weird pattern and disappearing..And doing that twice in 20 minutes period of time.. smile.gif

And yeah , I believe! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 26 2008, 03:50 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Mar 25 2008, 03:22 AM) *
Ok I once saw something really strange in the sky...I really regret not having my glasses then because it would be much clearer to me..This way it was something white glowing , really huge , going really fast in weird pattern and disappearing..And doing that twice in 20 minutes period of time.. smile.gif

And yeah , I believe! smile.gif

The batman symbol?

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:49 PM