How Do I Make This Noise/sound?
Socky42
Dec 30 2012, 02:19 AM
GMC:er
This is a 'break' section of a song i've been working on. How exactly would I go about recreating 'Guitar 3' in real life?

The instrument in guitar pro is called 'Guitar Harmonics' but there's gotta be some way to recreate it on all frets.. mellow.gif

[attachment=30023:howdoiplaythis.gp5]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 30 2012, 02:46 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Dec 30 2012, 02:19 AM) *
This is a 'break' section of a song i've been working on. How exactly would I go about recreating 'Guitar 3' in real life?

The instrument in guitar pro is called 'Guitar Harmonics' but there's gotta be some way to recreate it on all frets.. mellow.gif

[attachment=30023:howdoiplaythis.gp5]

I don't have a software to open that guitar pro file at the moment but if you are looking for a way to play harmonics on all the frets - the technique is called : artificial or pinch harmonics.

Check out these lessons covering that technique : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/ar...esson=2;forum=1

In essence, you can produce artificial harmonics on any fret by plucking the string in a way that once your pick goes through the string (plucks it), you also brush up the string with the "meat" of your thumb finger. But just slightly and it should produce the harmonic sound. It helps to be on high gain with more mids dialed in for this and it takes a bit of practice to get it sounding spot on and every time.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 30 2012, 11:30 AM
Instructor
Hmm, I've downloaded the Gpro but for some reason there's no sound at all when I play it.

Also, 'Guitar 3' appears to be a sequence of arpeggios ??

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 30 2012, 12:09 PM
GMC:er
I think is exactly as Bogdan said! you have to play each note of the arpeggios with A.H

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 30 2012, 01:26 PM
Instructor
There's also another way to do this - it involves tapping though and it is done like this:

- hold a note in ANY FRET behind the 12th fret
- tap the metal fret belonging to the note found an octave higher from the note you are holding - example:

holding the A note (2nd position on the G string) tap the metal fret delimiting the A note found on the 14th fret on the A string smile.gif

Does it work? Apply this technique to any note on the fretboard and you will get the harmonic of the note you are holding tongue.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:32 AM