Nice Song To Practice Ap
ruben_mcn
Jan 30 2010, 03:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys, i´m looking for a nice song to practice alternate picking (i want to imrove my speed ) ... got any suggestions ???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jan 30 2010, 04:08 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
jstcrsn
Jan 30 2010, 03:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Jan 30 2010, 03:46 PM) *
Hi guys, i´m looking for a nice song to practice alternate picking (i want to imrove my speed ) ... got any suggestions ???

I was thinkn of Paul Gilbert´s Scarified..

muris' exteme neo- classical
don't be frighted by it , it has keyboards that make it easy to follow at slower speeeds
the slowest is seventy bpm triplets , if you are at that level , i would suggest this

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jan 30 2010, 04:06 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 30 2010, 02:59 PM) *
muris' exteme neo- classical
don't be frighted by it , it has keyboards that make it easy to follow at slower speeeds
the slowest is seventy bpm triplets , if you are at that level , i would suggest this

Thanks .. but i think there is no chance in hell i can do that lesson XD

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jan 30 2010, 04:06 PM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 30 2010, 07:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Jan 30 2010, 03:06 PM) *
Thanks .. but i think there is no chance in hell i can do that lesson XD

If you want something easier try this:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/triplet_feel_riffing/

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 30 2010, 08:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Take a look at Paul Gilbert. He´s an AP master! Songs like "Scarified", "Technical Difficulties", "The Gargoyle" and many others are worth being checked.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 30 2010, 08:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 30 2010, 07:01 PM) *
Take a look at Paul Gilbert. He´s an AP master! Songs like "Scarified", "Technical Difficulties", "The Gargoyle" and many others are worth being checked.

Yeah all great songs smile.gif But I guess he wants some easier stuff smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 30 2010, 09:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 30 2010, 08:29 PM) *
Yeah all great songs smile.gif But I guess he wants some easier stuff smile.gif

Maybe. smile.gif But I think it is important to face the really big challenges in order to discover new areas of playing guitar. Playing a PG song slowly is also a great success. wink.gif

+Quote Post
AdamB
Feb 4 2010, 10:29 AM
GMC:er
I started AP only a few years ago from only doing downstrokes, I'm getting pretty fast with it now. All I did was for the first like 2 months was play 3nps major scales up/down the neck at a horrifically low temp, like eigth notes at 60bpm. Then after a couple months of that I started doing the same thing, but with muris lessons and PG stuff. If you play slowly enough, it won't be hard. And you'll pick it up quicker if you play really slow. Then when you feel more comfortable with it, increase the speed a bit.

However, don't expect to be mega fast anytime soon, I've been doing that for almost 3 years (it'll be 3 years at the start of april). I still can't play anywhere near as fast as the likes of muris or PG, I can allllllmost do technical difficulties and muris' PG lesson 1 ( i posted a video a little while back of me attempting it without the backing, it's a bit sloppy). But it's still not up to speed, I think I can pull of tech diff at 110bpm but that's 20bpm slower than it should be. But I know that if I keep going, give it another couple years and I'll be shreding away like a mad man.

If you accept that it'll take at least 5 years doing allllllooooot of practice every single day, then you can get there. Anyone can. If they practice.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 9 2010, 04:38 PM
Instructor
try the solo for "I'll see the light tonight" by Malmsteen

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:23 PM