Childhood Songs
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2011, 09:20 PM
Instructor
We all have songs which trigger memories of our childhood - here's mine:

I am listening to it at night before falling asleep as it makes me think of all the beautiful things which happened to me in time.

What's yours and what does it remind you of?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
K1R
Jul 31 2011, 09:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
For me it is

Or any old song of this band. I remember, how I used too fall asleep while listening to this song when I was around 3 years old. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2011, 09:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (K1R @ Jul 31 2011, 08:39 PM) *
For me it is

Or any old song of this band. I remember, how I used too fall asleep while listening to this song when I was around 3 years old. smile.gif

Interesting but a little bit strange for me biggrin.gif I couldn't fall asleep to easily

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 31 2011, 09:46 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

Air guitared to this SOOO much.

+Quote Post
K1R
Jul 31 2011, 09:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 31 2011, 11:45 PM) *
Interesting but a little bit strange for me biggrin.gif I couldn't fall asleep to easily

Yeah, it is a little strange for me too, but the chorus of this song worked just like a lullaby smile.gif

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 1 2011, 12:38 PM
Instructor

tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
zen
Aug 1 2011, 01:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I used to jump on the bed with my air guitar singing this. good times smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 2 2011, 12:45 AM
Instructor
my first cassete started with this song:

i used to play it over and over when i was very small smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Aug 2 2011, 01:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
Ah, Caribbean blue... such a fantastic song.

This is a childrens song / lullaby I remember from being a few years old. It's the oldest song I can remember ever hearing in my life. It's got a little twist for those who understands the language, but it's the best version I found biggrin.gif

For a bit older childhood songs... I HAVE to post this. Fantastic song from fantastic band. I could post any song from this band, but this song means a lot. Great lyrics.

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Aug 2 2011, 01:43 AM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 2 2011, 01:53 AM
GMC:er
well, from childhood i only remember this song, i had around 7/8 years

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 2 2011, 04:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
this is what my parents listened to,the funny thing is , I still listened to the whole song when I found it ohmy.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2011, 06:44 AM
Instructor
Hehe very wide array of choices biggrin.gif I also loved 'Aeroplane' by RHCP - in my opinion those years, when Dave Navarro played with them were the nicest ones smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 2 2011, 07:01 AM
Instructor
My first CD! This songs remember me to a vacation with my family in Brazil when I was around 12...

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 2 2011, 02:44 AM) *
Hehe very wide array of choices biggrin.gif I also loved 'Aeroplane' by RHCP - in my opinion those years, when Dave Navarro played with them were the nicest ones smile.gif

Don't you think that Navarro is an underated musician? I think that he is one of the most talented & innovative alternative rock guitarists from the 90's. However I rarely hear other people saying that...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2011, 08:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 2 2011, 06:01 AM) *
My first CD! This songs remember me to a vacation with my family in Brazil when I was around 12...

Don't you think that Navarro is an underated musician? I think that he is one of the most talented & innovative alternative rock guitarists from the 90's. However I rarely hear other people saying that...

Well, he kinda promoted that pretty boy image biggrin.gif and I guess that was his actual downfall, no one took him too seriously biggrin.gif but, yes, I like his music as well!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:55 PM