2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Freedom To Fly Collab, UPLOADS
Daniel Realpe
Jul 9 2010, 09:43 PM
Instructor
Here you post your upload!

smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Jul 13 2010, 10:59 PM
GMC:er
Hi Daniel!

I really enjoyed working on this collab. I´m uploading a take of mine I like - I hope you do too and you don´t think it has too much "feeling" in it - but that´s how it felt to me. wink.gif
Looking forward to your feedback and thanks again for your effort!

Cheers
Berglmir

Attached File  Berglmir_Free2Fly_wBT.mp3 ( 884.44K ) Number of downloads: 283

Attached File  Berglmir_Free2Fly_nBT.mp3 ( 884.44K ) Number of downloads: 203

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Berglmir: Jul 14 2010, 05:02 PM

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 14 2010, 03:41 PM
Instructor
Berglmir,

I think your take is very good,

I can feel you are expressing yourself honestly, trying to eliminate pretentions,

I like the twist you do in the Em, I like the pauses you made,

The tone is not sharp and is very well defined,

If you want to submit another one, feel free, but if you want this one in the final mix, it's fine

smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Jul 14 2010, 05:04 PM
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jul 14 2010, 04:41 PM) *
Berglmir,

I think your take is very good,

I can feel you are expressing yourself honestly, trying to eliminate pretentions,

I like the twist you do in the Em, I like the pauses you made,

The tone is not sharp and is very well defined,

If you want to submit another one, feel free, but if you want this one in the final mix, it's fine

smile.gif

Thank you very much for your nice and encouraging feedback - highly appreciated!
Gahhh - I just noticed that you have uploaded an extended version..... blink.gif

Nevermind - I´ll stick with my original take as I´m also quite happy with it. I included the "no Backtrack" take in my original post.
Thanks for listening!

Cheers
Berglmir

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 15 2010, 03:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Berglmir @ Jul 14 2010, 05:04 PM) *
Thank you very much for your nice and encouraging feedback - highly appreciated!
Gahhh - I just noticed that you have uploaded an extended version..... blink.gif

Nevermind - I´ll stick with my original take as I´m also quite happy with it. I included the "no Backtrack" take in my original post.
Thanks for listening!

Cheers
Berglmir

you're welcome, thank you for that great take,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 17 2010, 03:52 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Here is mine, I might re-do it if I can find some spare time. Let me know what you think, I used the longer version and two separate tones, Just some fun improv I did for about 20 or so minutes.

Gotta say I love the backing track and chord progression, its just awesome!

Also, what did you use for drums? I love the way the snare sounds, has a lot of punch to it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Uncreator_Fly_Collab.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 181
Attached File  Uncreator_Fly_Collab__Clean_Solo_.mp3 ( 1.04MB ) Number of downloads: 183
Attached File  Uncreator_Fly_Collab__Dist._Solo_.mp3 ( 1.69MB ) Number of downloads: 202

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 17 2010, 02:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 17 2010, 03:52 AM) *
Here is mine, I might re-do it if I can find some spare time. Let me know what you think, I used the longer version and two separate tones, Just some fun improv I did for about 20 or so minutes.

Gotta say I love the backing track and chord progression, its just awesome!

Also, what did you use for drums? I love the way the snare sounds, has a lot of punch to it.

nice take!

I didn't expect that beginning with the clean, really nice. A nice melodic idea. I would dare to say that towards the end you could have built a little more surprise because notice that you used the same rhythm pattern almost until the end, maybe you could have surprised the listener with an anticipation or even a big gap.

the entrance on the distorted patch is very cool, sounds aggressive and rocking,

When you go again on the slow part, I could say the same again, it's cool when you start but after exposing your first idea which is really good, you could surprise the listener throwing in a not-expected melodic twist, or rhythm twist, such as triplets, pauses, or a million things,
just a thought,

thank you for that great take!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 17 2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks many Daniel! I had few more ideas but they all ran out of key more than I liked, If I have some spare time I am going to try to do another take smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Jul 18 2010, 09:45 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Here you go

As usual I like to do these pretty off the cuff just recorded a few and here is the best one..

Attached File  freedom_to_fly_with.mp3 ( 709.39K ) Number of downloads: 223

Attached File  freedom_to_fly_without.mp3 ( 709.39K ) Number of downloads: 198

Thanks Alex

--------------------

+Quote Post
RobK87
Jul 18 2010, 10:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Daniel,

This was a very cool backing track, I especially liked the mood changes throughout. I wrote 3/4 of it and improvised 1/4. It's a little messy in places, especially the fast parts. But I hope it fits well.

Thanks,
Rob smile.gif

Attached File  freedom_to_fly_solo1.mp3 ( 1.41MB ) Number of downloads: 229

Attached File  freedom_to_fly_solo_just_guitar.mp3 ( 1.41MB ) Number of downloads: 178

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 19 2010, 02:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (RobK87 @ Jul 18 2010, 10:23 PM) *
Hey Daniel,

This was a very cool backing track, I especially liked the mood changes throughout. I wrote 3/4 of it and improvised 1/4. It's a little messy in places, especially the fast parts. But I hope it fits well.

Thanks,
Rob smile.gif

Attached File  freedom_to_fly_solo1.mp3 ( 1.41MB ) Number of downloads: 229

Attached File  freedom_to_fly_solo_just_guitar.mp3 ( 1.41MB ) Number of downloads: 178

wow great take!

very nice,

I'll leave you more detailed comments on the final mix

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 19 2010, 06:15 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hi Daniel,

I just stumbled upon this thread now and thought I would try, since I was done with 3 RECs, MTP assignments and no work to do. biggrin.gif Luckily, it came quite quickly than I imagined. Here is what I have. The last part wasn't clean enough as this is my first time trying the arpeggio tapping.. so many things going in that small part. smile.gif

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Chandra

Attached File(s)
Attached File  F2F_noBT.mp3 ( 714.31K ) Number of downloads: 170

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 19 2010, 08:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 19 2010, 06:15 AM) *
Hi Daniel,

I just stumbled upon this thread now and thought I would try, since I was done with 3 RECs, MTP assignments and no work to do. biggrin.gif Luckily, it came quite quickly than I imagined. Here is what I have. The last part wasn't clean enough as this is my first time trying the arpeggio tapping.. so many things going in that small part. smile.gif

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Chandra

Nice take Maharzan!

your arpeggios are very good,

I think there's something going on with intonation, maybe out of tune a little,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 20 2010, 02:08 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Daniel. I will redo another take today. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 20 2010, 03:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 20 2010, 02:08 AM) *
Thanks Daniel. I will redo another take today. smile.gif

That's great!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
JkB
Jul 20 2010, 03:22 PM
Here's mine

I played over the extended version. I think the overall playing could have been cleaner and my timing was a bit off sometimes and i probably used a bit too much gain soooo i might redo it before the deadline. Still, this take is decent, i think smile.gif
The backing track was very nice to jam with so thanks Daniel for the awesome track wink.gif

Attached File  Jkb_Freedom_to_fly.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 218

Attached File  JKB_Freedom_to_fly_solo.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 187

Oh and i notice that the files are quite big compared to the others. I didn't pay attention while rendring them so tell me if there's any problem

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 20 2010, 03:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JkB @ Jul 20 2010, 03:22 PM) *
Here's mine

I played over the extended version. I think the overall playing could have been cleaner and my timing was a bit off sometimes and i probably used a bit too much gain soooo i might redo it before the deadline. Still, this take is decent, i think smile.gif
The backing track was very nice to jam with so thanks Daniel for the awesome track wink.gif

Attached File  Jkb_Freedom_to_fly.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 218

Attached File  JKB_Freedom_to_fly_solo.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 187

Oh and i notice that the files are quite big compared to the others. I didn't pay attention while rendring them so tell me if there's any problem

Nice take! Loved the intro,

I think it's mixed a little too loud in comparison with the track, but that can be corrected in the final mix,

I agree, it's a pretty decent take,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 21 2010, 04:41 AM
Here are some new takes Daniel, Different tone too - Can't seem to settle on one.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Uncreator_Fly_Collab__Clean_Solo_.mp3 ( 1.04MB ) Number of downloads: 178
Attached File  Uncreator_Fly_Collab.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 195
Attached File  Uncreator_Fly_Collab__Dist._Solo_.mp3 ( 1.56MB ) Number of downloads: 176

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 21 2010, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Guys, the lesson on this collab has been published! smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Melodic-MacAlpine/

The backing track is slightly different as the one for the collab,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 21 2010, 06:34 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Daniel,
cool backing and a cool lesson! I gave it a shot today, hope you like my take!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:23 PM