Amp Advice? *under $1000*
leonard478
Feb 19 2013, 07:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
Greetings my wonderful fellow guitarists.
So i like to play jazz, blues, and instrumental music (satriani, vai , etc)
so a lot of versatility.

Was contemplating the Fender Deluxe Reverb for a long time and was just going to buy a good multi-effects pedal as well for the other styles

If you all have some input i would love to hear it! tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2013, 08:57 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, I'd go for a Marshall AVT50 combo - I don't know if it's made anymore (there's a similar thread about amp recommendations here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47946 ) and a few stomp boxes - delay, reverb, wah, booster and that's it wink.gif I have no clue about that Fender, but if you want Satriani stuff, you could always try a Peavy as well. Should it be a combo? Or a head?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Feb 19 2013, 09:23 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (leonard478 @ Feb 19 2013, 06:27 AM) *
Greetings my wonderful fellow guitarists.
So i like to play jazz, blues, and instrumental music (satriani, vai , etc)
so a lot of versatility.

Was contemplating the Fender Deluxe Reverb for a long time and was just going to buy a good multi-effects pedal as well for the other styles

If you all have some input i would love to hear it! tongue.gif

I have the Fender Hotrod Deluxe and I love it. I find it flexible enough to play just about any style. Nice cleans, 2 OD settings, and with another OD pedal ( I use a Tube Screamer) I can dial in a good range of different tones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 19 2013, 10:15 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If you want a really beautiful clean amp that works nice with effects pedals - interesting amp to try would be "Roland Jazz Chorus". Its a very old amp, I'm not sure about the price but it should fit the budget.

I also head good things about the Fender Amps mentioned above. They can sound a bit in the "mid" frequencies though - try them out in the store and see how you like the vibe.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 19 2013, 11:07 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Fender Deluxe Reverb is a great choice, I've used it myself for a long time.
Blackstar have some great amps in your pricerange as well, very versatile amps smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2013, 02:37 PM
Instructor
I find Marshall much more versatile than Fender amps. I would pick any cool Marshall amp. There are JCM combos which sound really good and can be connected to bigger cabinets is it's needed. Do you want it for home practice, for playing live or both?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
leonard478
Feb 19 2013, 09:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 19 2013, 01:37 PM) *
I find Marshall much more versatile than Fender amps. I would pick any cool Marshall amp. There are JCM combos which sound really good and can be connected to bigger cabinets is it's needed. Do you want it for home practice, for playing live or both?

First of all thank you all for your great advice!
and its going to be at home and for live!, Just small things, maybe a smaller size theatre at most.
was looking at the fender blues deuxe and Boss Me-25 pedal. Saw alex hutchings demonstration on youtube of the ME-25, and im hooked.
but then again that guy can make a cardboard box with some strings attached to it sound good biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2013, 09:20 AM
Instructor
First off, you need to try them smile.gif See what you like and what fits to your needs and price range of course wink.gif

+Quote Post
MHD Pickups
Feb 23 2013, 02:54 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 20 2013, 08:20 AM) *
First off, you need to try them smile.gif See what you like and what fits to your needs and price range of course wink.gif

JMD 102. That is all I got to say.

--------------------
http://mhd-pickups.com/

https://www.facebook.com/mhd.pickups

DC DOES NOT EQUAL OUTPUT. Dc is a resistance value and that is all. It WILL NOT tell you what it will sound like, it WILL NOT make you sound like another player.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2013, 07:35 AM
Instructor

Check it out smile.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 23 2013, 08:52 PM
Learning Tone Master
Check out the used gear section of GC online, for Mesa Boogie. I just got a 50w Rectoverb 1 12" combo (2 6L6) for just over $600. That's a TON of amp, and I find the cleans are way better for jazz. If you buy anything before trying a Mesa, you have done yourself an injustice. dry.gif

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
MHD Pickups
Feb 23 2013, 09:08 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (derper @ Feb 23 2013, 07:52 PM) *
Check out the used gear section of GC online, for Mesa Boogie. I just got a 50w Rectoverb 1 12" combo (2 6L6) for just over $600. That's a TON of amp, and I find the cleans are way better for jazz. If you buy anything before trying a Mesa, you have done yourself an injustice. dry.gif

While I agree the mesa is an amazing amp, I have owned both and you get way more bang for the buck from the 2x12 JMD 100 watter. I sold mine for 450 and with 28 different foot switchable tones as well as 4 on the floor you can get fender cleans as well as any dirt tone you want. Ity was actually to much for my simpleton plug and play brain to use. I used 4 channels and that was it. So I got an artist 3203 with a couple of quick mods.

--------------------
http://mhd-pickups.com/

https://www.facebook.com/mhd.pickups

DC DOES NOT EQUAL OUTPUT. Dc is a resistance value and that is all. It WILL NOT tell you what it will sound like, it WILL NOT make you sound like another player.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:48 AM