2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Computer Issues!
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2021, 09:03 PM
Instructor
Hi friends!

Maybe you’ve noted that I’ve been a bit slower since Friday. I had some issues with my pc. I finally had to reinstall windows and everything.

Now that most of the things are ready I’m experimenting something weird. It randomly resets. I suspect that maybe it’s the power supply, but I’m now sure.

Do you have any ideas?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 21 2021, 09:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 21 2021, 10:03 PM) *
Hi friends!

Maybe you’ve noted that I’ve been a bit slower since Friday. I had some issues with my pc. I finally had to reinstall windows and everything.

Now that most of the things are ready I’m experimenting something weird. It randomly resets. I suspect that maybe it’s the power supply, but I’m now sure.

Do you have any ideas?

Have you changed any hardware in the computer so it requires more power? Otherwise I don't know if it could be the power supply, unless maybe it's old and has stopped working fully.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 21 2021, 09:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sorry to hear this Gab.

Sounds most likely to be the power supply but I had something similar a while back, my computer would work fine for a day, then next day it would restart twice, next day it would restart three or four times by the third day it just kept on restarting. Don't ask me why but ti took the CMOS battery out and put it back in and it was okay for a day, then next day reboot twice etc etc, taking the battery out and back in created exactly the same day one fine, day two not so good day three rubbish. I put a new CMOS battery in and it was fine.

Maybe try that first, I still don't understand why it happened as it did though, you know, every time I took the battery out and put it back it was fine for a day and then got worse over the following days.

Try the CMOS battery first, then the power supply. Another thing is to remove the RAM and graphics card and blow the slots out with a can of compressed air then put them back and try it out.

Other things to try can be found here https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved...domly-restarts/

I now have a problem with my printer, it just won't print black, new cartridge, still won't print black. I need to print out the QR Code for my vaccine shot tomorrow mad.gif

Good luck buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2021, 10:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 21 2021, 05:12 PM) *
Have you changed any hardware in the computer so it requires more power? Otherwise I don't know if it could be the power supply, unless maybe it's old and has stopped working fully.

No, but maybe it’s a bit old? I bought it in 2015.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 21 2021, 05:26 PM) *
Sorry to hear this Gab.

Sounds most likely to be the power supply but I had something similar a while back, my computer would work fine for a day, then next day it would restart twice, next day it would restart three or four times by the third day it just kept on restarting. Don't ask me why but ti took the CMOS battery out and put it back in and it was okay for a day, then next day reboot twice etc etc, taking the battery out and back in created exactly the same day one fine, day two not so good day three rubbish. I put a new CMOS battery in and it was fine.

Maybe try that first, I still don't understand why it happened as it did though, you know, every time I took the battery out and put it back it was fine for a day and then got worse over the following days.

Try the CMOS battery first, then the power supply. Another thing is to remove the RAM and graphics card and blow the slots out with a can of compressed air then put them back and try it out.

Other things to try can be found here https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved...domly-restarts/

I now have a problem with my printer, it just won't print black, new cartridge, still won't print black. I need to print out the QR Code for my vaccine shot tomorrow mad.gif

Good luck buddy.

Interesting! I’ll try all these things. Thanks Phil!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 22 2021, 12:50 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 21 2021, 08:26 PM) *

I remember having that issue a long time ago. If I remember right, uninstalled the driver it came with then let windows automatically find a driver. As a last resort, might be worth trying.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 22 2021, 08:43 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 21 2021, 11:50 PM) *
I remember having that issue a long time ago. If I remember right, uninstalled the driver it came with then let windows automatically find a driver. As a last resort, might be worth trying.

Thanks, I'll try that but it printed fine earlier in the day then suddenly stopped printing the black after I changed the magenta cartridge. I then put a brand new black cartridge in but it didn't fix it. Very strange.

Plus the issue is there when printing from other devices.

Sorry Gab, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 22 2021, 10:12 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 22 2021, 10:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
If your PC worked ok before to reinstall the windows, I tend to believe that it's something software not hardware.
But you can also check the CPU temperature. It's possible if you don't have a good cooling for the CPU, to overheat and this can cause resets.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2021, 11:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Feb 22 2021, 11:29 AM) *
If your PC worked ok before to reinstall the windows, I tend to believe that it's something software not hardware.
But you can also check the CPU temperature. It's possible if you don't have a good cooling for the CPU, to overheat and this can cause resets.

Software was my initial thought as well, but it could also be overheating maybe, yes.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 22 2021, 11:59 AM
Did you install Windows and test for a while without putting any other software on? This would help narrow it down.

We have to be aware that it could be hardware that started to fail and it coincided with the new installation, this kind of thing can lead you down the wrong path. Like my printer, it was working fine, I put a new magenta cartridge in and at that moment the black stopped working. Even putting a new black cartridge in didn't fix it. I can't for the life of me think that the new magenta cartridge would cause the black to stop working so it was one of those coincidences that I'm talking about.

I know it's a major ball ache, but maybe reinstall windows and test for a while, even just leave it on and monitor it. Then install and test one item of software at a time.

Last year a Logitech update completely wrecked my computer, I had to do a full install so maybe it is a new driver that Windows installed that wasn't on your old installation.

Keep us informed.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2021, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions! I've tried different things and changed some configurations.

I've modified this, I hope that it doesn't have a negative impact.

3) Uncheck Automatically restart. Then click OK.

Attached Image

Fingers crossed that it doesn't restart today.

I'll keep you updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 22 2021, 03:10 PM
If that works then it shows that something isn't quite right with the computer because that only does a restart when there is a system failure. This could be a small as a single calculation on the CPU that is a millisecond and may not be noticed. Whatever it is, let's hope it doesn't get worse.

Finger crossed wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 23 2021, 02:39 AM
Is the main Drive an SSD or standard drive? If the system just fails it does default to a restart. This can be very annoying if you are in the middle of working on something. If you try everything suggested and it's still not fixed, I'd say try to run the windows disk utility. It's rarely used as windows is supposed to fix these issues on the fly. Still, if a drive is going bad/has a bad sector (assuming it's NOT and SSD) you can run the windows disk utility manually.

https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/two...in-windows.html

if it is and SSD, DO NOT RUN ANY OF THESE DISK UTILITIES ON IT. Some folks are reporting disk failures after running disk utilities on SSDs after updating windows.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 22 2021, 09:58 AM) *
Thanks a lot for all the suggestions! I've tried different things and changed some configurations.

I've modified this, I hope that it doesn't have a negative impact.

3) Uncheck Automatically restart. Then click OK.

Attached Image

Fingers crossed that it doesn't restart today.

I'll keep you updated!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2021, 02:05 PM
Instructor
It's a SSD so I won't try that Todd.

NEW UPDATE:

The issues continues. I suspect that maybe this could be related to power supply or the CPU on/off system. This CPU is very uncommon and includes a weird screen that shows temperature among many other details. However, I think that it's in Chinese and I could find manuals or any tutorial in Youtube.

Before the windows system crashed, I had a weird issue as well that is related to this one. The computer would keep on restarting when I first turn in on in the morning if I don't disconnect the cable or turn off the power supply.

It's not the same that is happening now that suddenly restarts while using it, but it may be related....

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 23 2021, 02:45 PM
First thing I'd do is change the power supply, it's a quick swap, don't mount it into the case to start with because if it isn't that then you can send it back as there will be no scratches or marks from installation, if it works, then you can mount it properly.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 23 2021, 03:09 PM
I'm suspicious about the motherboard and bios. Phil66 noted the clock battery on the motherboard, might be worth changing it.

Also bios corruption is possible...maybe you should take it to a service as seems you've been dealing with this fr a while now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 23 2021, 03:41 PM
Yeah.

First change the CMOS battery.

Then try a power supply but leave the old on in situ until proven, no point taking it out and finding the new one does the same.

It's always worth removing all components from the motherboard and blowing sockets out with compressed air.

Check that the Heat Sink on the CPU hasn't been dislodged. Sometimes the plastic mounting brackets can crack and not hold the heat sink properly on top of the CPU causing overheating.

After you've done that, you may need a technician.

Take care and whatever you read, don't be tempted to flash the bios unless you are very confident.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2021, 04:11 PM
Instructor
Ok, thanks again! smile.gif

I'm trying to be positive but I honestly want to set it on fire!

I've just ordered a new power supply and cpu since the one that I have had that screen issue that I've explained.

I'll receive everything today so I'll be replacing and setting it up this night.

Fingers crossed that this solves the issues.

If not, I'll have to take it to a service. I'm wasting a lot of time with this, and it's the only computer that I have in which I can work properly.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 23 2021, 04:40 PM
Fingers crossed, and regarding setting fire to it, I know how you feel, they can be a nightmare.

One thing, if possible, only change one thing at a time and test, I've never heard of that CPU window that comes up but it will be interesting to know which one fixes the problem.

Good luck buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 23 2021, 04:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 23 2021, 02:05 PM) *

NEW UPDATE:

The issues continues. I suspect that maybe this could be related to power supply or the CPU on/off system. This CPU is very uncommon and includes a weird screen that shows temperature among many other details. However, I think that it's in Chinese and I could find manuals or any tutorial in Youtube.

Before the windows system crashed, I had a weird issue as well that is related to this one. The computer would keep on restarting when I first turn in on in the morning if I don't disconnect the cable or turn off the power supply.

It's not the same that is happening now that suddenly restarts while using it, but it may be related....

sorry if this has been suggested, Have you dusted of the insides , dust creates heat to shutdown for self preservation

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 23 2021, 02:05 PM) *

NEW UPDATE:

sorry if this has been suggested, Have you dusted of the insides , dust creates heat to shutdown for self preservation. I have to take the whole back cover off and dust of everything,( can of compressed air)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2021, 09:04 PM
Instructor
I've cleaned it (take out rams and so) but not everything very deeply. I'll do it tonight when changing cpu and power supply.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:38 AM