> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

20 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Tflava's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 22 2020, 02:03 AM
Instructor
Excellent decision mate! Please do the same each time you get bored of a lesson or exercise. There is also a funnier way to practice a technique or concept. If you don't find it, just ask here! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 24 2020, 06:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright mate thanks.

Ive just worked a few days with the funk rhythm and isolatie some parts and work with metronome.

I revorded in 80 procent and full speed.
What do you think?

Greetz and merry christmas in advance 😁👍

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tflava: Dec 24 2020, 09:34 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 25 2020, 06:52 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great to see you working hard on this lesson.

I notice that you still need work at 80%. At this tempo, you can play the riffs clean and clear, but there is still work to do in order to adjust timing, and to make some parts sound groovier. You need to connect even more with the overall groove.

When playing the lesson at 100%, some links don't sound clear, the slides aren't sounding right, and most of the parts sound like "hurried". You are clearly now comfortable at this tempo. However, playing a bit at this tempo can help you to become more comfortable at slower tempos. So you can still play it a few times at 100%, and then try to increase tempo gradually from 80 to 100. Once you are getting closer to 100%, you can try a bit 110 or 120% to push it a bit more and try to make 100% easier.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 27 2020, 07:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

I will continue practicing the funk on 80 procent and try what you say about go to 120 procent.

Im also workig on the malmsteen. Here is a fast recording.

Im also gonna start with the collabs. I made a solo with my voice over the backing so i can practice the collab and ear trainig at the same time so ill hope i know what to play this week smile.gif

I've also made a song where i play all instruments and the voice. Maybe if im done with the mix i can send it to you, Its my first song that i try to mix myself.

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2020, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

Great stuff!! Nice to see you connected and working hard! smile.gif

I notice that you need to polish a bit your sweep picking technique. If you listen to Malmsteen playing this type of things, or Ben in the lesson, you'll see that the notes are muted as soon as the following note sounds. This can be achieved by muted a bit the strings with the palm of your right hand but also by moving a bit your left hand fingers to mute them. Please let me know if this is clear and if you need any more details about it. In other words, the notes of the arpeggio don't have to sound together as it would happen in a chord.

Check this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Sweep-Picking/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 28 2020, 03:52 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright thanks man. Its clear what you mean 😁 i have to focuss that i don't mute the strings to much but i will practice it and maling it better 👌

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2020, 08:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 28 2020, 11:52 AM) *
Allright thanks man. Its clear what you mean 😁 i have to focuss that i don't mute the strings to much but i will practice it and maling it better 👌

Yes, the key is to mute the string only to make them sound with less sustain. However, "how much you mute them" is also part of an artistic decision. You can make sweep sound muted or not, but what's important is to avoid to notes notes continue sounding as soon as the next one is played.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 29 2020, 07:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

I finished my song. Here it is smile.gif i've played all the parts and try to mix it. Im not a singer but ill gave it a try.
What do you think of it?

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2020, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Wow man!! This is beautiful!! She will fall in love again! biggrin.gif

Your singing is really cool! I can feel some Axl Rose vibes in the most energetic parts close to the end. I think that you had good potential mate!

Congrats on putting all this together!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 31 2020, 08:50 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks mate. 😁
The mixing is very hard and not so good as i wanted hut i don't want to spend too muchh time on mixing instead of my guitar.

What i like about makin an arrangement is that i don't need to think like a guitarist but more like a musicians.

Ps im working on the sweep picking part now and its getting better. The notes don't blend in eachother any more 🙂

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 31 2020, 01:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

Im working now on the legato for 70 procent speed and it feels nice.
I recorded the Malmsteen lesson because i want to close it so i can start with another lesson.
I want to start with the lesson Bending made easy because then i practice on bending and vibrato. In the Malmsteen made easy leson is also picking involved buit i practice that on a daily base in the shred bootcamp.
So i stop this lesson, start the bending lesson and also incorporate some sweep picking excersises from a book in my daily routine.
Ill keep you updated smile.gif the Malmsteen is in the Rec.

Have a nice new year mate and thank biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2020, 07:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim! I've just commented your new take at REC! Check it out!!

Thanks for the update here. Everything sounds GREAT! Congrats and happy new year my friend! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 3 2021, 09:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

Here i have a recording of the funk rhythm development.
I will focus on it for one more week and then want to close it and learn another rhythm lesson to keep motivated. im working on this one for too long now.
Im also working on a reggae song of my own with a friend of mine. When its done i will send it. Its gonna be nice i think smile.gif

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2021, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! It's great to see you playing all those chords and riffs that clean! There are some moments, mostly in the second half that are sounding really groovy! There is still work to do in order to adjust timing, but you are getting close.

The first half tends to sound rushed. Focus on it when practicing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 5 2021, 08:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

i've put the funk rhythm in the REC. i think that the first part is much better now.
I know its not perfect but ill want to go firther with another rhythm lesson to keep motivated smile.gif

I have sweep picking also in my daily routine now and it feels like it already pays off.
Im learning a sort of etude with 2 string mini sweeps. When i feel like its getting better i will record it for you so you can see if im doing the technique well :0

Before i start another lesson im gonna finish my reggae song and do another improvisation :0

I'll have to say that it feels like im making a huge progress since i have a solid practice routine and also stick with my routine tongue.gif

—-------------------------------
Hey mate.

This is one of the excersises i use for practicing the sweep picking. I also try 4 string and 3 string excersises.
I started at 60 bpm and this was 120 bpm. It was a little but too fast but just to give you an idea 😁

So thanks for al your help again.

Greetz Tim

This post has been edited by tflava: Jan 6 2021, 01:18 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2021, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim! This is great! I also notice that you are progressing a lot! The hard work, and structure really pay off!

I'll grade your take at REC in a moment.

It's nice to see that you are already getting familiar with Sweep Picking technique. The most important thing that you need to work is timing. As SW is a natural technique, it can be easy to play it very fast, but the tricky part is to be precise with the tempo that you are working. Check your vid again and let me know if this makes sense.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 8 2021, 01:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate for the up coming time i will focus besided my daily routine on 2 lessons. Funk fusion groove from Diego and malmsteen bending from ben.

I will try another way to practice the funk. Normally i learned the whole part in once and the practice slowly etc. Now i will try to focus on 1 part of the lesson. When i mastered it at 90 procent i will go on with part 2 and repeat part 1. I think that i focus more on the details if i try it this way.

The malmsteen is just to keep working on my bending vibrato and vibrato. I notice it is already improved but it is still a weakness so i want to do this lesson as last one for vibrato and then try to incoroporate it in my daily practice and improv.

Greetz

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2021, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim!

Everything sounds good! These two lessons are great, and working on smaller sections is always positive. It's a very good plan. Please keep me updated on how it goes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 9 2021, 07:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

i have send you the files for the collab. Im sorry but i couldnt get motivated to try another part so i will focus on next collab smile.gif

I've recorded a few things to show you. One sweep picking lick on different speed with metronome the way i practice it. Hope its the good way. Also the mini sweep etude part on 65 procent of full speed.

And today i tried the Legato lesson for the first time on full speed. It its too fast still so i keep going to practice on slower tempo's but its getting closer to full speed smile.gif

Have a nice weekend cool.gif

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 11 2021, 04:13 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for the videos. Some feedback:

- 2 Strings Sweep Picking:

From what I can imagine here the rhythm pattern here seems to be based on triplets. However, you are not playing that rhythm. The first two notes are much shorter and the last of each pattern is longer.

Can you please share with me the original etude that you are using so I can give more specific feedback? Because if it's not based on triplets I would give a different feedback here.

- Sweep Picking practice:

This one is sounding tight. The timing is tight at slower tempos, but the faster tempos obviously need more time. I'm not convinced about your right hand movement, it's not consistent. You are doing some kind of random vertical movement which doesn't look natural. I also notice that it seems that you are still looking for the best way to to the motion and to anchor your palm. From my own experience and what I've seen in Sweep masters (like Malmsteen, Becker) is that the best is to do like a circle when doing sweep picking. You would do half of the circle when sweeping down, the other half when sweeping up (there is no sweep up in this case). However, this circle is very subtle. It can be exaggerated at first to get used but then it becomes very small.

Check some vids, for example this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Masters-of-Sweeping/

- Legato:

The problem here are again the triplets. (faster part of each pattern). You are playing them faster and in some cases you end the pattern too early. Maybe you could practice this at a slower tempo, and using the guitar pro file so you fix this issue. But at first, please let me know if you notice what I say.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:14 AM