> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 111 112 113 114 115 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Dec 14 2019, 10:13 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

Oh yes, there is a lot of work to do yet, if I get time this week I will record some of the parts for you at a "safe" speed for me. The SRV part is still very difficult but it is getting there, sliding chords is new to me, other than power chords I've never really done it.

When it has had enough time spent on it, it will be good enough to post to REC and not a minute sooner wink.gif

Gotta earn it.

Here is this week's timing recording. I don't know what the note values are, I know they're not triplets but whatever it is, it's much harder than the single note therefore much more challenging. If you think I've jumped too far ahead please advise.

The timing is quite tight (looking at the track in the DAW) in some areas but I did come in one beat early rolleyes.gif .

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/phil-a-minor-bass-40bpm-15122019

Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 15 2019, 09:43 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 16 2019, 05:46 PM
Instructor
That sounds good mate!!

This is what you are playing:

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 16 2019, 07:18 PM
Thanks Gab,

So am I correct in saying I'm playing the first, third and fourth sixteenth note of each beat?

Interesting.

Here is a video of me playing 27 bars of the 30 riffs lesson at approx 75% speed (The last sound cloud recording was 100% speed). At the 1:20 point I went completely blank forgot the next bit laugh.gif I didn't have time to make another take so I posted this one anyway, I think it's worth you seeing it. I was so tense recording this as I haven't posted a video of a lesson for quite some time, I made quite a few mistakes due to REC button syndrome so I need to get more videos up.

It's not good but you being able to watch might be better than just listening wink.gif I can play it better than this to be honest, it was nerves. I'll try to get a video up of me sliding the A7 chord (Bars 30-31). I'm really struggling, mainly sliding down the neck, my fingers come apart, I'm either doing something fundamentally wrong or it's down to finger strength.

https://youtu.be/FnKrBAh1Qio

Cheers buddy.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 17 2019, 09:55 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 17 2019, 04:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 16 2019, 03:18 PM) *
Thanks Gab,
So am I correct in saying I'm playing the first, third and fourth sixteenth note of each beat?

Yes!

Nice to see a video of you playing this one! I think that it can be positive if you get the habit of recording all your sessions. The idea is to become more comfortable with the REC situation so we both can analyse your playing better. I notice that you need to relax here and feel the groove! Other than that, this is on the right track my friend.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 17 2019, 10:04 PM
Thanks Gab,

I've had a bit of a breakthrough with sliding the A7 chord (bars 30-31), I'll post a video tomorrow biggrin.gif

Here is a video at full speed, up bar 24. Just trying to relax a bit more with the bits I know best.

https://youtu.be/0pBzIagoIKI

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 18 2019, 07:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!! This feels a lot better mate! This is the direction.

Well done!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 19 2019, 09:51 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'll keep polishing that. I know I said I would post a video of the A7/Am7 sliding (Bar 30-31) but life got in the way yesterday. I've decided to get it better before i post, It was a struggle to get the rhythm with the GP5 compared to the lesson and in the explanation on button 10, he plays 7 strums but in the main lesson it sounds like he is playing 8 or even 9 strums. So once I cracked it with the button 10 section and went to play along with the main video, it threw me a little bit.

It's all good ear training though wink.gif

I think the delay with the chords has been that historically I have avoided chords, hated learning them and so in this instance, I guess subconsciously I was delaying getting to them. In the end I took the bull by the horns and made it happen and actually enjoyed learning some new chords, or new fingerings of chords, it made me realise that yes, stick at something and it really will come together, the time it takes is the time it takes, you can't rush it. Yes we can get things done in a fewer amount of days but that means putting more time into your task each day, if one doesn't have that time then one has to accept the time it takes.

Gotta earn it.

I'll keep you posted, I am looking forward to being able to play this entire lesson in a relaxed manner wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 21 2019, 07:46 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2019, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Everything sounds great here.

I like your energy! 😁

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 22 2019, 04:52 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 21 2019, 03:02 PM) *
I like your energy! 😁

Cheers buddy, what did I say to make you laugh? huh.gif laugh.gif

You wouldn't believe how much this lesson has changed my approach to learning. I'm much more patient, not trying to rush it, enjoying chord work for the first time ever and actually enjoying the experience of the process of neuroplasticity, it's a wonderful thing.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2019, 04:12 PM
Instructor
haha not laughing! Just a happy feel.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 27 2019, 09:03 PM
Glad you happy Gab,

Okay, it's that time of year that I don't get much practise, none at all on Christmas day and Boxing day as I dedicate all of my time on those days to my wife, she wouldn't mind if I did still practise but it doesn't seem right to me.

Anyway, tomorrow we are travelling to Paignton in Devon for a couple of days, taking in a pantomime on Sunday and then on Monday we a travelling to Newquay in Cornwall for new year where the surfers will no doubt be out in the sea on new year's day no matter how cold it is. I'll be back sometime on January 2nd when I will be back refreshing my fingers and working on the blues riffs. Very soon I will be able to dedicate more time to it, I have been blitzing Todd's Quick Licks as I had missed a lot over time and it was becoming too many and a rather daunting task to catch up but, I bit the bullet and started. It has definitely helped me, more mentally than physically but and positive is worth taking eh?

Have a great new year celebration and all the best for 2020 buddy. I hope your new project is coming together nicely wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2020, 10:12 PM
Hello Gab,

A happy and healthy new year to you.

Further to my post above, I am now back, it took 7 1/2 hours to drive 250 miles due to a fatal accident that closed the motorway for 8 hours so all of the traffic had to filter through the local towns and villages to get around it. It was chaos, normally the journey would take about 3 1/2 hours.

Back on it properly tomorrow. Got a couple of Quick Licks in tonight.

Cheers

PHil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2020, 03:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for your nice words! Happy 2020! I hope that you have a great year! smile.gif

Those places look beautiful! I think that I like Newquay cornwall a bit more, but both are AWESOME!

Don't worry about slowing down your practice. Our mind needs some rest!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 5 2020, 09:18 PM
Thanks Gab,

Devon and Cornwall are both beautiful counties, and I agree, in this instance, Newquay is more picturesque than Paignton but we only went to Paignton for the pantomime really. I never liked pantos as a kid but went to one last year in Weymouth which is in the county of Dorset which is on the south coast like Devon and Cornwall and it was really funny, lots of double entendre that went over the kids' heads but made the adults really laugh so now I'm enjoying them smile.gif

Speak soon buddy wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 6 2020, 03:36 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2020, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Nice!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 9 2020, 05:55 AM
I'm still working hard Gab, I'm crazily focused on catching up with all of the Quick Licks, I apologise buddy, it's become an obsession but it is definitely helping with dexterity, coordination and mental ability for remembering things in a shorter time than what is normal for me.

I'm also trying to come up with something for the Christmas collab but inspiration isn't happening, I don't know if you heard my last take HERE, Kris liked it but I'm not happy with it so I'm still trying to make it better.

I'm still working on the 30 riffs lesson but it's slow at the moment, as soon as I have the full set of Quick Licks down, it will be back to one quick lock a week and one Bootcamp a week, then I'll be fully focused on the 30 riffs lesson again.

Bottom line: I'm having fun, achieving something and moving forward one way or another wink.gif

Cheers buddy.

P. S How's the new band project coming along?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2020, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

Great! It's nice to know that you find Quick Licks inspiring and motivating. Enjoy it, you don't have to apologize about it! We are on the same mission here! Learning while having fun! biggrin.gif

Regarding the 30 riffs, there is not a fast or slow way, it's just that you have to enjoy playing it diary. We are not going anywhere, we are already making music... do you need any proof?

Check out our last Collab, and also listen again to your take for Christmas backing. That's pure enjoyable music.

About my new project/band, I'm very happy! We will be releasing new music in 2 months I think, but I'm very proud!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 10 2020, 09:07 PM
Thanks Gab,

I apologized because I felt like I'd defected to another camp and didn't want you feeling like I'd let you down, I haven't, I just want the full set of Quick Licks under my belt wink.gif. I decided over Christmas to try to catch up because it was getting a bigger and bigger task each week because over time I've missed some when I've been away etc, or one has been too hard and they have been left behind.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding my last collab take, makes me feel good cool.gif

English lesson (possibly):

I have considered this for a long long time, maybe it is a translation thing, I'm not sure.

When you say "diary practice", sometimes it seems like you mean, "practice that is scheduled in a diary", other times, like below ("it's just that you have to enjoy playing it diary")it sounds like you mean "playing it daily". All I can do is explain the two.

"Diary practise" is pretty much unused in the UK but, I can only assume that you mean to study the practise set out in one's diary.
"Daily practise" means exactly that, practise that you do each day.

I hope this helps, any questions just ask wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2020, 01:05 AM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Again! don’t worry about it. It’s great that you are inspired. Just keep me updated and let me know if you need any help.

Thanks for the class! How can I refer to the act of practicing everyday?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 13 2020, 09:26 AM
You're very welcome Gab,

Regarding the English; practising every day would be classed as "daily practice", so to the student you would say, "Work on this in your daily practise", "Add this exercise to your daily practise", "Practise this daily", "Practise daily and keep a diary of your improvements", "Create a practise diary and work on it daily".

You may notice that I use a different spelling of "practice", here in the UK there are two forms, "practise" (verb) is where you learn a skill by repetition, and "practice" (noun) is where someone works using their skill, like a doctor's practice, or a dental practice.

Here is a good explanation https://www.writing-skills.com/practice-or-practise

In America, the word "practice" is used for both. I always say, tongue in cheek, "Well you speak English and we created it so which do you think is correct?" tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I hope this helps.

Cheers Gab.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 111 112 113 114 115 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 10:19 AM