Gp6 Variable Speed Function Question
Phil66
Apr 21 2016, 08:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

I bought Guitar Speed Trainer the other day. It's OK. One thing I like is the way the exercises have speed cycling in them. They start off where you're safe, build up to where you struggle then take you back down to just below your safe speed and then finish.

It gave me an idea. I found out in GPx you can make each bar a different tempo. I copy and pasted a problem run multiple times into a new score. I manage to change the tempo of the first bar, (I wanted to do 2 bars at once but I couldn't) but then I couldn't change the second bar, the option is greyed out. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Here is the file below, you have to highlight the bar and press F10 to get the option up.

Attached File  Run.gpx ( 16.38K ) Number of downloads: 63

Thank you for your time folks, much appreciated smile.gif

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Apr 26 2016, 05:39 PM
Learning Roadie
In GP5 I don't highlight anything. I just move the cursor where I want the tempo change, hit F-10 and set the tempo as an immediate change - and no issues.

Attached Image

Sorry for the sideways image, stupid phone rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Apr 26 2016, 06:12 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 27 2016, 07:26 AM
Ahh thanks Chris, I'll check that out later.

Cheers buddy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 27 2016, 09:40 PM
Unless I'm being really stoopid I can't do that in GP6

I want to write a run and repeat it over and over with each bar increasing by a couple of bpm. I just can't do it, i tried the way Chris said but still get the greying out problem when using F10 and if I just click the bar and tehn click in the tempo box it changes it for the whole piece.

Cheers anyway.

I'm looking into how to write drills in Guitar Speed Trainer.

Thanks anyway.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Apr 27 2016, 10:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Sorry Phil, GP6 gave me nothing but issues on my crummy system so I'm still stuck with 5 tongue.gif

Hopefully someone can help you square this away.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:51 AM