> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Power Metal Rhythm & Solo (Intermediate), Lesson By Lian Gerbino
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

ElChals
May 6 2022, 11:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: Power Metal Rhythm & Solo (Intermediate) by Lian Gerbino

Here is my last REC. I enjoy this kind of lessons. I hope it is Ok.

PD-I don't know how to put the music together with the video and make them fit perfectly. Any advice welcome. Thank you.

<div class="youtube-embed"></div>

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ElChals: May 6 2022, 11:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 7 2022, 06:51 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Carlos,

Great to see a new video from you. I will start my feedback by responding to your question.

There are many ways you can fit the music and video together. Now it depends what program you use. If you don't have an automatic synchronization option, you can clap your hands once at the beginning of recording. In this way, it will be easy to fit the music perfectly with the video.
If you use the Movie Maker you can click on the music tool option and type manually in seconds/milliseconds the start time for your audio file until it syncs up with your video. If you need additional explanations, you can create a thread in forum or send us a message and we will help you fix this problem.

Now, returning to your take.
There are parts where you have some little timing issues. As an example: 0:52 - 0:55. This part needs more attention from any points of view: timing, clearness and accents.

I would have liked to see you using more slides as Lian do (0:35; 0:46; 0;48; 0:58). Replacing some slides and deciding to play a few notes longer than they should, gives a square kind of feeling.
Try to be careful of these tiny details because it will give a different flavor to your performance.

Today, you get a 7 from me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 7 2022, 10:18 PM
GMC:er
Solid work!! About recording and synching video, it's often handy to do a "sync pop" which is just to clap your hands or strike the strings on a quick note, etc. Something to give you a visual or auditory clue as to where you might line up your audio and video in software.

When you are lining things up in your video software, you can hear a quick single note strike and see it as well. It serves as a synchronization point that you can line up audio and video to. I hope that makes some sense?

Monica is spot on as always in her analysis. Your doing well imho and tackling a lot of things and pushing the envelope which is great!!! I do think you may be pushing it just a pinch far in this take. You can clearly play this and congrats on learning it and doing a solid take! It does seem that some of the faster scale bits were at / near the edge of your ability but that edge is a moving target. For rec takes, it's fine to do a preliminary take just to get some feedback. Or, you can wait to do a full finish take when you are ready for a final grade, either way works.

I think you have this one down enough to move forward. It's still in need of a bit of polish, but not enough to merit another take imho. Solid 7 from me!!

Onward!
Todd

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 8 2022, 09:16 PM
GMC Founder
Cool!

I sync audio recorded in my DAW with video by looking at the audio curve from what the camera has recorded. So basically I match the audio curves from the two different sources.

I also noticed that the descending picking run is a bit affected by bad hand sync. (starting 00:52)

Also that highest note (00:48) sounds a little sour to my ears, you might want to clean/change string and then double check intonation.

This kind of style requires you to constantly be 100% synced with the drums, and you def have the technique for it but I feel the take is a little shaky. Especially in and around the chords where you have to switch in time and change technique from chord strumming to the faster right hand grinding / alternate picking.

So I would say the foundation is here, but for us to be blown away by this metal track your timing needs to be more on point.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 9 2022, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Hi, my friend!

I use Adobe Premiere to sync the audio of my daw to the video, but you can use any video editor. The software allows you to see both waveforms, so it's easy to sync both.

As for your performance, I think you have done a very good job. Now you just need to work on the details so that both your bass (and your riffs) and your solos sound clearer and more precise. To achieve this, you need to work on some minor tempo and hand synchronization issues that occur in the faster parts. This is not a bad thing, but if you focus on it, your sound will improve.

Besides, we have already talked about the fact that your guitar technique has a lot of positive points, so keep it up!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 21 2022, 12:58 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:08 AM