3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
How Are You Tuned, Curious to see what everyone prefers
kyldeee
Jan 22 2008, 05:59 PM
GMC:er
I use standard tuning, never really tried anything else blink.gif I think I should smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick334
Jan 22 2008, 08:23 PM
Standard on my Ibanez - don't like changing on that. Sometimes go Drop D on my acoustic for some country metal happy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 370 DX, Fender Strat Squier, Vintage Les Paul.
Amps: Vox AD 15 VT, Fender Frontman 15G
Effects: Hopefully a POD :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 22 2008, 08:47 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Standard tuning for me.Sometimes I go to dropped-D briefly.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 22 2008, 08:52 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Most of the time standard , unless I will practice a Lavendell lesson or something like that. My guitar does not have a floyd rose but if it had one I would preffer to have another guitar than to change the tunning, how do u guys do it with floyd rose, i believe its very annoing , right ?

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 22 2008, 09:08 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 22 2008, 02:52 PM) *
Most of the time standard , unless I will practice a Lavendell lesson or something like that. My guitar does not have a floyd rose but if it had one I would preffer to have another guitar than to change the tunning, how do u guys do it with floyd rose, i believe its very annoing , right ?

What I do is quite simple actually. When I tune my low e, I tune to E with the fine tuner all the way down. when I want to drop to D, I simply crank the fine tuner back up. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Atlantik
Jan 22 2008, 10:24 PM
Well,

Standard E, and sometimes Eb ( there's just something about that tuning!)

D (DGCFAD)

and C (C F Bb Eb G C), a personal favorite of mine. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jan 22 2008, 10:40 PM
Instructor
standart, have floating tremolo systme on guitar so it´s not easy to move form one tunning to another, remember to set up again your guitar if you change tuning (it changes the whole string tension against the neck)

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 22 2008, 10:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
E standard on the acoustic and the strat
D standard / E standard (swtich between them) on the SG
E standard on the bass

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 23 2008, 12:18 AM
Instructor
Standard, DGCFAD and CGCFAD smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 23 2008, 03:54 PM
Standard at all times. I rarely use alternate tunings.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 23 2008, 04:34 PM
I wish I had enough guitars for all the tunings I like!!
I really dig open C major(CGCGCE), C# standard, D standard, Drop C, Drop B, E standard and drop D.
Anything lower than drop B is just too low for me, maybe if I had a better guitar or amp it'd sound good, but it just isn't happening with my current gear. I've tried open Dm and kinda liked it, but didn't really get to play with it as long as I wanted to.
I just like the lower, warmer sound, and the thicker strings I get to use with them feel great in my hands. And I love the fact that I play different in every tuning. Every tuning has different songs I get to coax out of them.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:00 PM