> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Phill66's Beginner Book
Phil66
Jan 4 2015, 09:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Alo Cosmin,

Ok, this is not to do with our lessons but I put it here for you to see anyway, hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8XIG723MRQ...eature=youtu.be

Noroc

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 6 2015, 11:30 AM
Instructor
Howdy Phil!

This is very nice, mate! I think that using a repetitive melody which turns into a theme is a great idea and the articulation elements sprinkled such as pre bends, vibrato and slides are very nicely executed.

The only thing that sounds a bit mechanical to me would be the little lick around 0:23 - but hey, it's the first thing of this kind that you have done and I am certain that the more you will do it and the more focused on details you will be, the better it will become wink.gif

How's the lesson coming along? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 7 2015, 09:26 PM
Alo Cosmin,

Thank you for your kind words. I answered this post yesterday but for some reason it didn't appear. Weird. I should get a video to you tomorrow, the staccato lesson isn't coming along too well to be honest. I was struggling to improve and then the colab came along and gave me an escape route rolleyes.gif The the hectic holidays/celebrations with much ale/wine/Jack Daniels etc which was a major distraction. Back on track now.

Noroc

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 8 2015, 10:24 PM
Alo Cosmin,

As promised here is the video. It's probably worse than the last sound file because it's a video and that darn REC button affects me rolleyes.gif

Any pointers gratefully received. Sorry but the sync isn't bang on as I was running out of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB1Vzya6wV8...eature=youtu.be

Noroc

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2015, 09:36 AM
Instructor
Hey mate!

This is not bad smile.gif If you are to ask me, I suggest the following:

- relax the right hand - you are trying to use the wrist only and in this sort of playing you need to strum, which involves a bit of forearm as well, while using the wrist. Look at Ben - he shows it well wink.gif

- the left hand needs to be more dead on when it comes to differentiating chords from muted strings, not somewhere in between. It's either chord, either mute - be very precise on it wink.gif

- the chord changes need to be a bit more accurate

Slow it down and focus on the details above and I am sure you will nail it properly wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 10 2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks Cosmin,

What do you mean "more dead" with my left hand?

Ben doesn't seem to have much forearm movement in the first half (down strokes) but in upstroke section he has a funny twisting action similar to using a spoon if you know what I mean. I've tried to do that but my hand lands hard on the bridge.

Hopefully get another video to you tonight.

Have a good weekend.

Noroc

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2015, 09:44 AM
Instructor
Hey Phil!

I was talking about 'dead on' as in precise wink.gif By that, I mean that you should focus on separating the chords from the mutem strings as tightly as possible and also shift the position as precise as possible. That of course, is done at a slow tempo wth full focus on the idea itself.

About the right hand - try to execute the motion you observed at Ben, at a slow tempo on one chord only, against the metronome, so that you will be able to focus on the movement itself and not on anything else. Once it starts feeling comfy, you can move on to implementing it in the context wink.gif

Do we have a deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 11 2015, 09:54 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 11 2015, 08:44 AM) *
Hey Phil!

I was talking about 'dead on' as in precise wink.gif By that, I mean that you should focus on separating the chords from the mutem strings as tightly as possible and also shift the position as precise as possible. That of course, is done at a slow tempo wth full focus on the idea itself.

About the right hand - try to execute the motion you observed at Ben, at a slow tempo on one chord only, against the metronome, so that you will be able to focus on the movement itself and not on anything else. Once it starts feeling comfy, you can move on to implementing it in the context wink.gif

Do we have a deal?

Cosmin

Thank you Cosmin,

That one little word, "on" makes a big difference when added to the word "dead" eh? wink.gif
Didn't pick up my guitar at all yesterday, couldnt get motivated. Hopefully I'll manage to today sometime. I also want to get my little rhythm piece called "The Chase" to you before you go just to see what you think.

Thanks buddy

Noroc

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2015, 10:11 AM
Instructor
Sure thing, mate, let's see the piece and yes, the little word has a huge impact tongue.gif What's going on? I mean why didn't you feel like picking it up?

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 11 2015, 10:36 AM
Yesterday's news about you leaving knocked the wind out of my sails so I was thinking that I would end up how I used to be, noodling away on the fretboard getting nowhere. I've asked Gab if he will take me on as he too is a daily visitor to GMC.

I'm OK now, I've turned a corner and the scenery has changed but the song remains the same. wink.gif

Noroc

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 11 2015, 09:11 AM) *
Sure thing, mate, let's see the piece and yes, the little word has a huge impact tongue.gif What's going on? I mean why didn't you feel like picking it up?

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 11 2015, 10:37 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2015, 10:51 AM
Instructor
You don't need me to stay on the road smile.gif All you need is yourself - you already know what your mindset should be, so don't stray, whatever comes your way smile.gif

Contacting Gabi was a good idea, but I will still be here till the end of January, so let's keep working together till then, deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 13 2015, 09:43 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 12 2015, 09:51 AM) *
You don't need me to stay on the road smile.gif All you need is yourself - you already know what your mindset should be, so don't stray, whatever comes your way smile.gif

Contacting Gabi was a good idea, but I will still be here till the end of January, so let's keep working together till then, deal?

Cosmin

Alo Cosmin,

I'm still here, just had a tough few days.

You said "You don't need me to stay on the road", you were my Himalayan guide, I was worried that I would get lost in the foothills without my guide by my side.

I'll get another recording to you very very soon and, hopefully, The Chase.

Noroc

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 14 2015, 08:25 AM
Instructor
Hey Phil,

I'm around, mate - don't worry about it just yet smile.gif Take the time to adjust the details I suggested in the previous message and you'll be just fine - you know, staying focused on the job at hand will get things done a lot quicker, so instead of thinking about all sorts of bad things, use the guitar playing as a gettaway smile.gif It's your little corner of paradise and you should treat it as such wink.gif Deal?

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 14 2015, 09:22 PM
Alo Cosmin,

I made it in the mix. Thank you, without you I would never ever ever have had the confidence to post my "music" to such a public place.

Noroc prietenul meu.

https://soundcloud.com/dariuswave/kris-must...s-collaboration

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 14 2015, 09:26 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 16 2015, 09:23 AM
Instructor
My sincere congratulations, good Sir! The collab came out amazing! Now, this is living proof of your abilities put to work - imagine what will happen with hard work and dedication in one year from now! Having this in mind, get busy with practicing AND creating! biggrin.gif Deal?

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 16 2015, 09:33 AM
Deal sir,

Got to say I've lost some practice time trying to set up Amplitude as a plugin to my Daw, Bogdan and Todd have been helping me out. Still haven't got it sorted but will leave it until the weekend and have a practice bash tonight.
Noroc
Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 16 2015, 09:34 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2015, 12:33 PM
Instructor
Hey mate,

It's a good thing you are learning how to work with Amplitube - it is not wasted time smile.gif I meant to tell you - learning how to use the tools of your trade is most certainly NOT wasted time. It's better to practice 1 focused hour rather then spending 2 hours of noodling because you think that having the guitar for 2 hours in your hands will be better then one hour smile.gif I guess you already knew that, but I felt like I should re-enforce it biggrin.gif

How's practicing, by the way?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 19 2015, 10:08 PM
Hello Cosmin,

OK, practice not been good, Amplitube took over (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=53711&st=0) then the weekend problems that you know about which are still on my mind making it a bit harder to concentrate when playing. Sorry.
Here is a video, the left hand has gone bad but the main thing I posted this for is for you to see what you think of my right hand on teh upstroke section. Only had about half an hour with fingers on the fretboard since the last video sad.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E5C5KJ5pNY...eature=youtu.be

Noroc

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 19 2015, 10:20 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 20 2015, 08:51 AM
Instructor
Hey Phil,

I hope that things are ok and that you will have nothing to worry about soon enough! Analyzing the video, I can see that your right hand is doing the right movements, but the issues are in the left hand now, as it's not defining the chords from the staccato 100% - chords vs left hand mutted strings - and the shifting of the positions is not 100% on time. These are the aspects you should focus on, in order to get rid of this one and make it sounds as close to perfection as possible!

Do we have a deal, Sir?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 21 2015, 11:06 PM
Alo Cosmin,

Sorry but I was getting frustrated with the stacatto power chord lesson and it was becoming counter productive so, for a break I have recorded The Chase. I came up with this manic rhythm whilst thinking about someone being chased through a forest, up to 00:10 they are darting between the trees, 00:10-00:15 I imaging the chaser catching the other person and them both rolling down a bank fighting, at the bottom the person being chased gets away and so it starts again wink.gif

Your thoughts/advice as always are very welcome, it would be nice if you could explain what I am doing in a musical context as I haven't got a clue rolleyes.gif Thank you.

I'll be back on the staccato lesson tomorrow smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJuBFbHZCA...eature=youtu.be

Noroc

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 22 2015, 08:16 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:55 AM