Help With Finding A New Guitar, And The Advantages Of 7-8 String Guitars
Marek Rojewski
Apr 18 2014, 08:08 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi everyone! As the topic suggests, I am thinking about acquiring a third electric guitar.
My main axe is the beloved Schecter Devil Custom - A link to some random shop with guitar photo and specification

The second axe is an old Ibanez RG370B. I didn't sell this guitar as it is my first electric guitar, and I wouldn't get much money for it anyways, so instead I lend it to few of my friends that were in need of an electric guitar and had no money to buy a proper one.

The Ibanez was not really my kind of a guitar, first few days with my Schecter and I already liked everything about it more than the RG. Also, the Tremolo in the Ibanez was a really pain in the *** for me, it never stayed in tune and changing strings took me ages. That is one of the reasons why I bought my Schecter without a Floyd Rose.

Years have passed, and I would really like to add the Floyd Rose to my playing, so am pondering the possibility of buying another guitar.

Being greedy and having problems with spending big chunks of money, I am also considering buying a 7-8 string with a Floyd Rose. That would give me two new tools in one package. But I don't really know/understand the advantages and disadvantages of 7-8 string guitars (besides the uber obvious advantage of having those additional strings that make playing low/heavy riffs easier/possible).

As for now I don't really have any specific guitars/brands in mind, I even think about a possibility to buy another Schecter Devil Custom with Floyd Rose. That would be a safe strategy, because I would like the shape and look of the guitar for sure... But I think a different guitar would benefit my gear experience more... As for my "looks" taste, I have two opposite preferences:
1. Elegant, classic look like Les Paul / Unpainted "wooden" strat
2. More unorthodox shapes (I think my Devil Custom is a bit unorthodox shape, I don't like very wicked shapes like a coffin guitar:P) and wicked paintjobs.

The budget is up to 2000$, I could throw in more, but think that this is already very big sum of money considering how "advanced" my guitar career is wink.gif Of course the guitar would be used in Hard Rock/"not so black and deadly" Metal subgenres.

Any suggestions?tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:39 AM