3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Phil's Diatonic Journey, Personal Mentor thread for Phil66
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 25 2022, 01:02 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 23 2022, 11:01 PM) *
Thanks Kris,

You are my Mr. Miyagi, leading me down a path of musical self discovery, letting me find my own way and nudging me back on track when needed.

As said, I'm still trying to get my mojo back on track since Gab became less available, we'll get there eventually.

Thank you

Phil

Very proud to be your Miyagi mate 🤩

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 27 2022, 10:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 25 2022, 01:02 PM) *
Very proud to be your Miyagi mate 🤩

Thank you but I'm not a good student at the moment, time will sort things out though, I promise.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=800495

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 28 2022, 08:03 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 27 2022, 11:07 PM) *
Thank you but I'm not a good student at the moment, time will sort things out though, I promise.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=800495

Cheers

Well if you are a bad student I don't know what good students are. I'd say there are no good ones. Sounds like you are making the progress of a lifetime playing Satch and venturing into complex theory 🤩

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 28 2022, 08:57 PM
Thanks for your kind words Kris, I don't know what you meant by "I'd say there are no good ones" huh.gif Obviously I know what that statement means, but it didn't make sense in this context unless I'm missing something wink.gif

Anyway, I need to go back to HERE to refresh myself as I've been bogged down with other stuff recently. I'm at my holiday home for a week from Friday so I should catch back up.

I'll try and post something just at the same level as that link takes you to, then I'll watch the video you did in the next post and start again from there.

Apologies buddy but life is always there eh?

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 29 2022, 08:38 PM
Further to the above, firstly I'm going to learn the minor scale shape you gave me inside out. I've only ever really used penta shape one so it will be good to get those extra notes into my fingers solidly.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 30 2022, 08:28 AM
GMC Founder
Cool Phil, looking forward to it 😎

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 5 2022, 09:00 PM
Finally managed to start getting back on track. I've had to return slightly, back a few steps. This recording isn't something you asked me to do, it's just me noodling to get the A minor scale into my muscle memory.

As it's not an "official" assignment, you don't have to list, I'll be posting a chord/arpeggio progression soon but it will be more simple than before and then we can start progressing again.

I just wanted to record something rather than this thread looking inactive.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 6 2022, 08:55 PM
Hello Kris,

Okay, further to the above post, I've recorded another chord progression, kept it simple, it's 12 bars long but I've looped it. I can play it for real but for speed I did it in GP as I'm bound to keep making mistakes and I'm low on time to keep making re-takes tonight.

I'll add to it a little bit tomorrow if I get time, this being on holiday malarkey is more time consuming than one realises rolleyes.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 7 2022, 03:22 PM
GMC Founder
Very nice Phil, I am digging both of these.

This recording isn't something you asked me to do, it's just me noodling to get the A minor scale into my muscle memory.

I am personally a big of practicing by noodling or jamming, and I have seen some killer results from it.

Out of curiosity, is this something you have done in the past? And do you enjoy this type of practicing?

I would say keep this up if it inspires you, it is a fantastic way of progressing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 7 2022, 04:05 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 7 2022, 03:22 PM) *
Very nice Phil, I am digging both of these.

I am personally a big of practicing by noodling or jamming, and I have seen some killer results from it.

Out of curiosity, is this something you have done in the past? And do you enjoy this type of practicing?

I would say keep this up if it inspires you, it is a fantastic way of progressing.

I haven't tried it before but maybe that's because I've only ever used shape one pentatonic which doesn't take much to remember.

Tonight I think I'll loop the basic backing and noodle over it. Then on Saturday I'll add some more chords for a few bars, and see what happens.

Do you think the little pull offs worked in the chord progression? I liked them.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 7 2022, 04:06 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 8 2022, 08:31 PM
Hello Kris,

Further to the above, here is my first noodle with the basic arpeggio rhythm, as I said I'll be adding more to the rhythm soon.

When I listen to this, I can only think of a child's nursery and the toy clown has come to life in evil mode and is on a rampage pulling the other toys apart. Strange laugh.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 8 2022, 08:55 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 11 2022, 09:17 AM
GMC Founder
Nice Phil,

I def sense progress here - in that you are further exploring the scale.

Also you do a pretty good job keeping in time to what is fairly uptempo backing.

Personally when working on new scales, I would probably slow the backing down just to give myself some brain room to visualise the scale patterns on the fretboard. The faster the tmepo, the more I would have to think about playing in time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 11 2022, 08:23 PM
Thanks Kris,

I'll work on it some more and try to record a real arpeggio backing with a real guitar.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 12 2022, 09:12 PM
Sorry, only had 15 minutes tonight.

There's a part where I was playing the A# instead of B, but I spotted it. Didn't have time to do another take but I've put it up here anyway.

Slowed down the BPM to 80.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 13 2022, 07:39 AM
GMC Founder
Nice Phil - again this feels very promising. Your progress is quick and it's obvious you are exploring new territory in your practicing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 16 2022, 08:14 PM
Another go, I seem to be stuck in this melody and can't truly break out of it.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 17 2022, 08:27 PM
GMC Founder
Sounds good to me! There are some out notes towards the end but I am sure you are aware of those.

Generally when I have a melody stuck in my fingers/head - I have found there's no point in trying to push it away.

Rather, I go all in, and use it all over - in order to come up as with as many variations from it as possible. To really squeeze the juice out of it.

Keep it up!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:19 PM