3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Girlfriends And Guitars...
Toni Suominen
Feb 23 2008, 12:07 AM
Instructor
I actually recorded a couple of ballady type recordings a year or so ago to my girlfriend, and she has been happy about me playing the guitar ever since smile.gif wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 23 2008, 12:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Feb 22 2008, 11:07 PM) *
I actually recorded a couple of ballady type recordings a year or so ago to my girlfriend, and she has been happy about me playing the guitar ever since smile.gif wink.gif

We have much to learn from you smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 23 2008, 12:19 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
The other day I told my girlfriend I was going to get a shredneck to take it on our summer vacation on the plane so I could practice some time at the hotel/beach... well, she said that I'd have to choose about going on vacation with her OR with the shredneck!!!

Tough choice!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh well, I guess I'll survive those guitar-less vacations wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 23 2008, 01:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 23 2008, 12:19 AM) *
The other day I told my girlfriend I was going to get a shredneck to take it on our summer vacation on the plane so I could practice some time at the hotel/beach... well, she said that I'd have to choose about going on vacation with her OR with the shredneck!!!

Oh well, I guess I'll survive those guitar-less vacations wink.gif

I was hoping you picked the shredneck instead of her sad.gif sad.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 23 2008, 02:35 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
In the long run i have a feeling he might have regretted that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Feb 23 2008, 03:20 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 23 2008, 12:19 AM) *

A man should never be enslaved by any woman ...
Some women will try to manipulate you to think that you need them, "or else" - truth is - if thats the case - then she dont really love you, and you will loose your mind in the end ... so chose wisely ... Do what YOU love man and be honest about it. A woman that loves you sinserely, will be wise and enjoy, and she will know that you will be together forever and to eternity, if you both are free, happy and creative beings ...

The Old-timer

This post has been edited by Twibeard: Feb 23 2008, 03:27 PM

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 23 2008, 04:21 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Twibeard @ Feb 23 2008, 09:20 AM) *
A man should never be enslaved by any woman ...
Some women will try to manipulate you to think that you need them, "or else" - truth is - if thats the case - then she dont really love you, and you will loose your mind in the end ... so chose wisely ... Do what YOU love man and be honest about it. A woman that loves you sinserely, will be wise and enjoy, and she will know that you will be together forever and to eternity, if you both are free, happy and creative beings ...

The Old-timer

And in the interests of equality, that applies equally the opposite way around ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Feb 23 2008, 05:04 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 23 2008, 04:21 PM) *
And in the interests of equality, that applies equally the opposite way around ...

Ofcause! cool.gif

--------------------

Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
dusty
Feb 24 2008, 12:44 PM
Ha Ha
Wait until you get married and have kids. my wife complians i love the guitar more than her, my little boy is always pestering me to have a go when i am playing, and my little girl stands in front of me trying to grab the strings (shes just learning to stand up). but that said i would not change it for the world. but then agian i do look forward to the rare days when i have the house to my self.

Dusty

laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Feb 24 2008, 02:05 PM
QUOTE (dusty @ Feb 24 2008, 12:44 PM) *
Ha Ha
Wait until you get married and have kids.

cool.gif You really need to draw a Line in the Sand Man unsure.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Twibeard: Feb 24 2008, 02:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Feb 26 2008, 10:18 PM
My girlfriend doesn't mind at all if I spend half my time playing the guitar, as most of the time shes drawing or painting something as shes in art college and is also an aspiring illustrater/manga artist. When I was bored the other day I started playing scales and sweeps with the delay up full trying to annoy her, but instead she started recording it saying it would make a great backing track for some animations she was working on! laugh.gif (you know those weird arty ones that make no sense! tongue.gif )

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Feb 26 2008, 10:31 PM
my girlfriend dosn't mind me playing guitar all the time. she likes it, until i practice Muris' fast country solo. tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 26 2008, 11:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Mine does not have problems because of me playing..I practice in my free time, also I go to a lot of gigs that take a lot of time..But its cool with her.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 27 2008, 01:00 AM
The Dark Canuck
Ahhh relationships....you'll never win boys smile.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif Just kidding.....kind of wink.gif laugh.gif

But seriously I have to agree with Twibeard about not being enslaved....by either men or women. It's just not healthy and will only lead to problems down the road. I'm all for spending as much time with your signifigant other but you need your own time too. I know tons of women and men who get all bent out of shape when their partner is doing something without them or is spending to much time at something. I say as long as they aren't spending all their time with someone else it's all good. This is your time to find something that you like doing on your own.....if you don't like being alone well you have bigger problems and I can't help you. tongue.gif

My boyfriend is big into dirt bikes and skidoos. I use to refer to myself as a "motorcycle/skidoo widow" actually as he's gone on bike all summer and on skidoo all winter. Now I'll be honest at first I was a bit mad as he was gone all the time, but then I realized this was something he loved to do and I loved him so I was just gonna have to deal. With this I figured it was either find a hobby or a second boyfriend...I chose a hobby....less messy and not so complicated smile.gif I bought a guitar and started to learn how to play during the time he was out riding. It worked out perfect. I bought a skidoo last year as well so now we have a mutual interest....couples who play together stay together right?

rok

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 06:48 AM