11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Gmc For Free?
DeepRoots
Jan 1 2008, 04:57 PM
Get to da Chopper!
The main reason that there are free elements (to me) are obviously to invite people to view the site and show them, with no obligation to subscribe right away, what they can get for a small fee.

Like a try before you buy?

Lick of the day, has a lick, then slowed down lick, with explanation and tab and is free--that sounds an aweful lot like a lesson to me. And you can still get more with not subscribing than you do at youtube, you can view the main video then visit each section for broken up tab and in most cases diagrams also.

You get good service for free...
You get GREAT service for a small fee....

QUOTE (Constie @ Jan 1 2008, 03:52 PM) *
When they see it's not they'll probably leave the page.

Did you leave?!?

I dont think so tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Jan 1 2008, 04:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Freddie Fourfing...
Jan 1 2008, 04:57 PM
GMC:er
I become insane. You're like politicians

Easy, man. No one here is trying to get you. We are just defending our home. I get what you are saying, really. It's just that we are pointing out that there are many free elements to GMC, including plenty of tab parts of lessons. So it is not really weird advertising to say free lessons...there ARE free lessons, not just videos. Just a nominal fee for the WHOLE thing.

And much to the sites credit, there are NO outrageous claims, ie: BECOME A GOD IN 2 DAYS

I hope you don't feel like you're being ganged up on, but if you kick an anthill, the ants will come pouring out biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Freddie Fourfingers: Jan 1 2008, 05:03 PM

--------------------
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit."
ARISTOTLE

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 1 2008, 05:01 PM
QUOTE (Freddie Fourfingers @ Jan 1 2008, 04:57 PM) *
Easy, man. No one here is trying to get you. We are just defending our home. I get what you are saying, really. It's just that we are pointing out that there are many free elements to GMC, including plenty of tab parts of lessons. So it is not really weird advertising to say free lessons...there ARE free lessons, not just videos. Just a nominal fee for the WHOLE thing.

And much to the sites credit, there are NO outrageous claims, ie: BECOME A GOD IN 2 DAYS

I hope you don't feel like you're being ganged up on, but if you kick an anthill, the ants will come poring out biggrin.gif

Now I just want you to don't think I don't like GMC. I compared it to many sites and it's absolutely best.
Read my last post on page1 to understand what I mean.

This isn't against GMC it should be for gmc

Well I always say what I think but that may make you unpopular.

This post has been edited by Constie: Jan 1 2008, 05:02 PM

--------------------
You can't take the effect and make it the cause

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 1 2008, 05:01 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Constie @ Jan 1 2008, 04:52 PM) *
Damn you got it man biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Well I think you don't know why I started this thread. Actually I wanted to talk if this is a good promotion or if it's deterring for people that come here and think it's free. When they see it's not they'll probably leave the page.

Well I don't think they will be angry , because they should know that this quality of instructional material is only possible by paying such a small fee.And it is a small fee! + They get the FREE material stated before and a very good preview of the content they will be getting once they join..So its good and fair offer in my opinion. wink.gif
I get your point but one word FREE in the title of the page doesn't have to always mean that this is voluntary web site or something wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 1 2008, 05:06 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Jan 1 2008, 05:01 PM) *
So its good and fair offer in my opinion. wink.gif

That shouldn't be part of the discussion, because I totally agree with that. We all do, because otherwise we woudn't be here wink.gif
I didn't want to attack anyone with this.

This post has been edited by Constie: Jan 1 2008, 05:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 1 2008, 05:09 PM
Lets go fishing!
Constie,
Do not worry we know you love GMC too wink.gif Its just as our members have pointed out there is sufficient enough free material to warrent saying "free lesson", not only if there free licks, videos, but theory lessons on the forum too.

Who would take one look at this place and think, ahhh not enough free lessons "im off"? wink.gif Remember GMC is a business, even if the fee is fabulously low !!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Jan 1 2008, 05:11 PM
Learning Roadie
hehehe, funfun tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Freddie Fourfing...
Jan 1 2008, 05:19 PM
I've been called a lot of things, but "Politician"?

Now I'm hurt.

Attached Image

--------------------
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit."
ARISTOTLE

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 1 2008, 05:20 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 1 2008, 05:09 PM) *
Constie,
Do not worry we know you love GMC too wink.gif Its just as our members have pointed out there is sufficient enough free material to warrent saying "free lesson", not only if there free licks, videos, but theory lessons on the forum too.

Who would take one look at this place and think, ahhh not enough free lessons "im off"? wink.gif Remember GMC is a business, even if the fee is fabulously low !!

Yeah I think we got it now. A lot is free, enough for you to write "free lessons" smile.gif

Nice discussion, but whole gmc "against" me. What am I talking, it's just like it uses to be. (because I pick the wrong topics in the wrong forums biggrin.gif )
Beware of new threads tongue.gif

DeepRoots I didn't leave because I knew Kris from freelicks. If I was on the search for free sites I would probably leave the page because it seems dubious to me.

QUOTE (Freddie Fourfingers @ Jan 1 2008, 05:19 PM) *
I've been called a lot of things, but "Politician"?

Now I'm hurt.

Attached Image

You really are?
Ok you're like my parents biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Freddie Fourfing...
Jan 1 2008, 05:22 PM
Dang!!

I thought I was too immature for that.

--------------------
ARISTOTLE

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Jan 1 2008, 05:25 PM
Acoustic Instructor
QUOTE (Constie @ Jan 1 2008, 10:20 PM) *
Yeah I think we got it now. A lot is free, enough for you to write "free lessons" smile.gif

Nice discussion, but whole gmc "against" me. What am I talking, it's just like it uses to be. (because I pick the wrong topics in the wrong forums biggrin.gif )
Beware of new threads tongue.gif

DeepRoots I didn't leave because I knew Kris from freelicks. If I was on the search for free sites I would probably leave the page because it seems dubious to me.
You really are?
Ok you're like my parents biggrin.gif

I don't think either Whole GMC against you or you started a wrong topic.
It's great to have an open discussion and clear our minds.
This topic reminds us that we all love GMC smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 1 2008, 05:25 PM
QUOTE (Freddie Fourfingers @ Jan 1 2008, 05:22 PM) *
Dang!!

I thought I was too immature for that.

let's just forget about that smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 1 2008, 05:37 PM
Guest2342 Says: " Free Lessions, Awsome!, lets check it out... oh man that guy is good i can't wait to learn this ("for free") Man that pavel can really shred.. lets learn that first part of the riff("For Free").. wait.. now i have to pay... ARRRGGG-*leaves site*

Kris says: "Mahahahahahahahahah.... wait.. sad.gif"

GMC Communite says: ":D good thing we signed up"

Constie says: "silly GMC fourm said ppl wouldn't leave"

okay so theres my little skit for you.. lets pay attention to what the guest said because everyone else is just kind silly smile.gif We all know that it is worth the money.. If the free attracts people and then they see that they can learn from the lessions then they will probably stay! In a way perhaps advertising low payment like "ALMOST FREE" would be more intriguing. This way anyone willing to pay for guitar lessions will be attracted here and anyone who wants free lessions may consider it because it is a very low price... We have to consider people who have different opinions of what free means. To me ( trying to pay of uni + my appartment + my bills and guitar hobbies all on what seems is a part time job) Free better mean Free!. Luckily i wasn't drawn here by the free. Infact .. i didn't even notice it biggrin.gif...

Just my 2 cents.. im trying to be dipliomatic.. i agree that all of our instructors need to be paid and Kris needs money to make the site even better but Constie has a point that our advertising is... missleading perhaps smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Bass & Beginner Instructor
No I think this was a productive discussion smile.gif
I'm happy we managed to get some common conclusions..And don't think that we are against you or something , we are just putting out our opinions like you did..Everyone has the right to say what they think..And we are glad to have you here participating in forum so we are waiting for your next threads wink.gif heheheh

We=me wink.gif

Cheers mate wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Jan 1 2008, 05:38 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Learning Tone Guru
Lets throw some oil into the fire!!! :-D

I am on consties side.. Because on main page there is "Free guitar video lessons - Solo/lead and rythm" - if you mean those previews, than it should be "Free guitar video lesson previews" because lessons arent for free.. just those previews.

Those small "green parts" are parts of lesson, not lessons. So they are previews, how the full lesson looks. Surely... half of the people wouldnt be here if they wont be allowed to see, how the lessons look like - but you cant learn much from this small segment.

And licks of day doesnt contain any rythm pattern or riff, so its just solo (minilesson).. and you dont want to call the 5 second long show off a video lesson, dont you?smile.gif And still.. "Free guitar video lessons - Solo/lead and rythm" - Where is the rythm part comming?

I love GMC too, there is lot of free stuff - but not lessons;) Lessons are the only thing, that you must pay for:) - you can visit forums, preview the lessons, take a "Lick of a day" minilesson (!!!) and take a look around the site.. but lessons are paid;)

Surely, GMC has to be paid - to has the high quality standart as it has. I have NO problem with that. At all.
But the Free guitar video lessons seems a bit misleading in my opinion. You know.. GMC is not free site:) It gives you a lot of things as a bonus for subscription or completely free. But lessons are paid:) Thats why you pay subscripton - to pay to instructors for their time and help:) For their lessons. We cant give it out for free... These lessons has to be PAID :-D

These are my two cents, now KILL ME, CROWD!! :-D

Long live GMC btw.smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Jan 1 2008, 05:40 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jan 1 2008, 05:44 PM
QUOTE (Constie @ Jan 1 2008, 09:26 AM) *
I was wondering why GMC is always advertised as "free guitar video lessons".
It's not free isn't it? laugh.gif
Also the mainpage says that. Very dubious in my view. wacko.gif

I would say that dubious is the wrong word for what you were trying to say here. misrepresented would be better. dubious would be the appropriate term if Kris used his advertising here to lure us in for the purpose of eating our brains.

no, I did not feel his advertising was misrepresenting the terms of use. he has free stuff. it is pretty standard and common for internet sites to have that, and advertise it, but have more for the paying customers.

as Uncreator wrote, it is dirt cheap anyway. Actually $8 a month if you do the 6 month plan.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jan 1 2008, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 1 2008, 05:44 PM
Lets go fishing!
Well its great to have an open discussion about these things, and there are many valid points from both arguments for sure.

But let me ask you this, does'nt GMC already work incredibly well ? the answer to that is of course YES! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Freddie Fourfing...
Jan 1 2008, 05:50 PM
Lets throw some oil into the fire!!! :-D

OOOHHHH....YES!
I have MORE oil....and gasoline and SEMTEX with blasting caps.

We should get professional opinions from the RIAA lawyers.
The lessons should be copyrighted materials that NOBODY can see, paid or not.
Not even the instructors can view lessons.

--------------------
ARISTOTLE

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Jan 1 2008, 05:52 PM
Acoustic Instructor
QUOTE (Freddie Fourfingers @ Jan 1 2008, 10:50 PM) *
OOOHHHH....YES!
I have MORE oil....and gasoline and SEMTEX with blasting caps.

We should get professional opinions from the RIAA lawyers.
The lessons should be copyrighted materials that NOBODY can see, paid or not.
Not even the instructors can view lessons.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 1 2008, 05:52 PM
Well said Smikey and Jakub.
Thanks for depicting my point of view smile.gif

Sure the instructors have to be payed, GMC is a fair deal.
Money makes the world go 'round. We all know that biggrin.gif

I would say that dubious is the wrong word for what you were trying to say here. misrepresented would be better. dubious would be the appropriate term if Kris used his advertising here to lure us in for the purpose of eating our brains.

Damn dictionary. It's not easy to pick the right word if there are about 20 biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Constie: Jan 1 2008, 05:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:22 PM