Judas Priestguitar Jam
Saddlefall
Jan 5 2012, 07:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi guys, new here smile.gif Thought I'd post a video og me playing some guitar, this is a guitar forum isnt it? huh.gif

It is an improvised solo (sort of, i tabbed it out in guitar pro tongue.gif) What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 5 2012, 11:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey welcome to GMC! smile.gif

Great to see that you can record videos, shall we see some REC lesson takes from you?

I like your solo here. It is very nicely composed and fits the backing track well. What I would suggest is to try to make it more diverse when it comes to phrasing that concerns note duration. For example you want to try to mix in different lengths of notes to make a phrase interesting. You wouldn't want long passages of for example successive 8th notes. Try to break those phrases into for example one 8th note followed by two 16th notes instead of another 8th note.

Check out these lessons that deal with syncopation to get some ideas.

Vibrato needs some work to make those long notes sing. Ben's Vibrato lessons series is great for this : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...ibrato-Odyssey/

Keep rocking and see you in the forum! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jan 5 2012, 11:33 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Jan 5 2012, 06:29 PM) *
Hi guys, new here smile.gif Thought I'd post a video og me playing some guitar, this is a guitar forum isnt it? huh.gif

It is an improvised solo (sort of, i tabbed it out in guitar pro tongue.gif) What do you think?

Hey man and welcome! I liked it. You're way ahead of me! Don't hesitate to do a REC, like Bogdan said. I can barely squeak through a Minor Harmonic Scale but I put it on there anyway because it's the only way we improve. Best wishes with the site! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2012, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Wow, excellent solo, I like it a lot smile.gif I like that synth sound, it reminds me of old games it's great. Well, I think phrasing and structure is quite good. You should work more on your bending and vibrato techniques to make it sounds more expressive, but this is great smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2012, 06:36 AM
Instructor
hey man! Welcome to the site! That's a cool video! I like your solo. Everything sounds good over the backing. As the other instructors said, more variety in the rhythm of your phrases will make your solo even more interesting. I also think that your vibrato technique could be improved!
Keep this stuff coming!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 6 2012, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Hey my friend, welcome ! I would definitely look at Bogdan's advice as it is what I would also have suggested smile.gif

I made a lesson that deals with varying note values to help create variety in a solo. You don't necessarily need to learn it but you might be able to pick up some ideas from it smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Set-The-Pace/

+Quote Post
Saddlefall
Jan 6 2012, 04:26 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome guys, thanks for the feedback! I haven't posted anything online since I started playing 2-3 years ago, so it's good to get some feedback, gives me motivation smile.gif That solo is old, I started improvising after I learned to play, and it just built on itself as I learned more techniques etc... I will check out those lessons, and work on improving that solo smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2012, 06:25 PM
Instructor
Cheers mate smile.gif Looking forward in hearing some more music from you smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:02 PM