New Computer, ... not another thread :P
chast
Jul 5 2008, 06:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey there,

My computer is getting old and I thought about buying a new one. It shouldn't be a high end computer, just a computer with that I can record maybe play some games, listening to music etc.
I looked a bit and made this "composition" (that's basically made out of a toplist where I did choose the products with the best price-performance)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
MSI X38 Diamond
Sapphire Radeon HD 4850
Seagate 7200.10 250GB
LG GSA-H62N

What is missing are a case, fans, RAM and a power supply. What could you recommend me there ?

Greets

/edit: Soundcard is missing, I don't want to use the onboard one ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by chast: Jul 5 2008, 06:36 PM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Jul 5 2008, 06:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (chast @ Jul 5 2008, 02:34 PM) *
Hey there,

My computer is getting old and I thought about buying a new one. It shouldn't be a high end computer, just a computer with that I can record maybe play some games, listening to music etc.
I looked a bit and made this "composition" (that's basically made out of a toplist where I did choose the products with the best price-performance)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
MSI X38 Diamond
Sapphire Radeon HD 4850
Seagate 7200.10 250GB
LG GSA-H62N

What is missing are a case, fans, RAM and a power supply. What could you recommend me there ?

Greets

/edit: Soundcard is missing, I don't want to use the onboard one ohmy.gif

Get a sound blaster x-fi standard good quality and fairly cheap... the coolermaster cases are great value also.. and power supply ocz and gigabyte are my favs make sure you dont cheap out on a power supply as its important to the longevity of your pc

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
chast
Jul 5 2008, 10:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Is the X-Fi sound card also good for recording ?
And which RAM should I take ? Infineon, Crosair... ?

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 5 2008, 11:31 PM
Instructor
X-Fi is a gamer card, if you wanna play games and something on a side you can buy it, but for audio production EMU cards are much better choice. Also I would choose nvidia when it comes to gamer video cards. As far as the case goes, you can choose any you like really, they are cheap and not that important but power is important, a good quality power handling 600W and 12cm fan will do the job very good. If you're on a budget 2x1GB of Geil Ultra modules will do the job just fine. Fans are trivial also..

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jul 5 2008, 11:32 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
chast
Jul 5 2008, 11:33 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 6 2008, 12:31 AM) *
X-Fi is a gamer card, if you wanna play games and something on a side you can buy it, but for audio production EMU cards are much better choice. Also I would choose nvidia when it comes to gamer video cards. As far as the case goes, you can choose any you like really, they are cheap and not that important but power is important, a good quality power handling 600W and 12cm fan will do the job very good.

As I said, I just want to play some games, I really don't need a gamer computer.
Which EMU card can your recommend ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 6 2008, 12:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
That sound like a good configuration...2 GB of RAM and an audio card/interface and you are good to go..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:44 AM