Xbox 360 Vs Ps 3 Vs Wii, The only question that matters
Gus
Jun 17 2009, 12:15 AM
GMC:er
I am deciding which console to buy and I still do not make my mind. So all comes to the only question that matters

Which of them is the best for accessing GMC ? tongue.gif

Does the high definition lessons work fine??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: Jun 17 2009, 12:16 AM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 17 2009, 01:20 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I have Wii and I was able to access old player lessons before, haven't tried it since smile.gif But I don't know, I didn't like how Wii accessed the internet, it was pretty slow to navigate through pages etc possibly those other two consoles have better internet ability...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 17 2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the answer, Bogdan.

I am just imagining of seeing GMC lessons in 32'' screen, while my wife is using the computer...

So it would be nice if it worked fine. Let's wait for someone with ps3 and xbox to say something.

--------------------

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Jun 17 2009, 09:25 PM
You can't browse the internet with an Xbox 360.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jun 18 2009, 12:31 AM
if you can find a way to download the lessons, you can watch them through your xbox on the tv....however...consols arent meant for that, none of them are...if your best bet for that is getting a "TV" out device to connect from your computer to TV

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Mygas
Jun 24 2009, 06:05 PM
I've got PS3 (and a 32" screen coincidently). I could tell you when I get home if they work...

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 24 2009, 06:24 PM
QUOTE (Mygas @ Jun 24 2009, 07:05 PM) *
I've got PS3 (and a 32" screen coincidently). I could tell you when I get home if they work...

Great! Looking forward for the answer as PS-3 is probably my first choice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mygas
Jun 24 2009, 07:29 PM
Regardless you should get it because it is the better system...technically speaking.

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Jun 24 2009, 07:39 PM
Instructor
PS3 forever!!!!! Why?????? Look...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 24 2009, 08:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Carlos Carrillo @ Jun 24 2009, 01:39 PM) *
PS3 forever!!!!! Why?????? Look...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

HaHAHa well the Wii's navigating the internet sucks! PS3 is okay for some websites like say you were to get on facebook, you cant check your messages or notifications etc. Xbox 360 is better for online. PS3 online is boring and no one talks. I would go for the 360 but if your looking for a console to connect to the internet definatly the PS3.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Jun 25 2009, 03:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jun 24 2009, 08:09 PM) *
HaHAHa well the Wii's navigating the internet sucks! PS3 is okay for some websites like say you were to get on facebook, you cant check your messages or notifications etc. Xbox 360 is better for online. PS3 online is boring and no one talks. I would go for the 360 but if your looking for a console to connect to the internet definatly the PS3.
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jun 25 2009, 06:27 AM
that picture isnt even of the same person!

the ps3 DOES NOT have ANY GAMES that beat the xbox 360 in graphics, why? because no developer has taken the time to utilize the ps3s power, they CAN have better graphics, but now they DONT

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Mygas
Jun 25 2009, 07:05 AM
They will eventually...if M$ can stop writing blank checks to recruit exclusives....*sigh* sellout developers, noone has a sense of loyalty anymore

Anyways, I checked...GMC does "show up" on PS3...but it doesn't play lessons due to the flash player needing an upgrade. (It plays the welcome video though lol) Regardless I'm with Marc...hook up a computer or laptop to the TV. Will work 10x better imho.

This post has been edited by Mygas: Jun 25 2009, 07:06 AM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 30 2009, 11:13 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Jun 24 2009, 09:27 PM) *
that picture isnt even of the same person!

the ps3 DOES NOT have ANY GAMES that beat the xbox 360 in graphics, why? because no developer has taken the time to utilize the ps3s power, they CAN have better graphics, but now they DONT

Metal Gear Solid 4 looks better than pretty much anything in my opinion. The facial expressions are completely believable, and even though the faces still technically mouth japanese most of the time its still pulled of well. The environments are utterly beautiful, this game really makes use of 1080p, Its amazing.

EDIT

Also, If you have a 1080p TV, PS3 Will look better I think. Blu-Ray has a stronger impact when it comes to Hi-def, and the Xbox's HDDVD is good, no its great, but when put to a 1080p comparison against PS3, it fails.

By the way, I own both consoles and think 360 is an overall better buy for the average gamer (Unless your a MGS Fanboy like me smile.gif )

EDIT2

PS3 is probably best for internet browsing, It just has twice the capabilities for it compared to 360 or Wii (50 times compared to the Wii actually laugh.gif )

Then again, Wii isnt in it for graphics its in it for gameplay, which it offers a kind 360 and PS3 dont offer (at least for now, we all saw E3 I think )

+Quote Post
dysfunction
Jul 18 2009, 12:44 AM
I don't know about the 360, but I would have to imagine its browser is a lot better than the PS3's, considering Microsoft has a lot more experience with that than Sony. Say what you want about Internet Explorer, it's a damn sight better than the PS3's browser. GMC will *work*, videos will load, but the browser is pretty terrible.

--------------------
I've slaughtered truth
And I've shattered my heart

+Quote Post
Gus
Jul 19 2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments! Right now I am replying from my playstation 3! =)
The lessons work if you click on the individual videos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 19 2009, 10:14 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow I didn't know you could browse GMC within a PS!, pretty cool.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 29 2009, 01:20 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Gus @ Jul 19 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Thanks everyone for the comments! Right now I am replying from my playstation 3! =)
The lessons work if you click on the individual videos.

Wow congrats on getting it! smile.gif I'm thinking of PS3 to upgrade my Wii wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Aug 1 2009, 12:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
The Wii is really for kids... I bought one a few months ago and what I can say is that the games are nice but only if you play with some friends. Otherwise, they are pretty boring I think. Always full of Mario and stuff. But I am a big player on PC so perhaps I am a little bit blasé.

And as long as Guitar Hero is available on the three machines, I would go for an Xbox or PS3. tongue.gif
XBox has Gears of War which is an absolutely cool game!

I am going to sell my Wii by the way. wink.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:02 PM