3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Thinking About Our Next Collab
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 9 2021, 08:30 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 8 2021, 07:20 PM) *
Interesting brainstorming going on now! I like it smile.gif

I'll keep working on what I'm doing in the background and have it done soon regardless, but is it a bad idea if we continue to brainstorm a bit? smile.gif

I think your Lonesome Cowboy song idea would make up for a very cool basis, regardless of what collab structure we go for 🤠

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 11 2021, 05:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here's an example of what I kinda had in mind. I have the seperate parts too of course.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Nov 11 2021, 05:10 AM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 11 2021, 08:38 AM
GMC Founder
Oh my! This track is SOOOO freakin cool 🤩😎

I think this is a perfect track for our collab idea!!

I like Ken's idea of splitting things up - so basically I could lead an instructor based collab and you could lead a student based (if you are up for it).

We could either do the collab behind "closed doors" and surprise each other with the result, or at least do parts of it in the open. The later feels more instructional. Also, I don't like the idea of a lot of time passing without any visible updates.

Looking forward to hear everybody's thoughts!

P.S. I have the track on repeat 😎

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 11 2021, 09:27 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Loving that track, it reminds me of Hotel California, I'm sure we could work with this and make something EPIC cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Nov 11 2021, 10:05 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi

So beautifull track
I m in

Great job Cael !

This post has been edited by MisterM: Nov 11 2021, 10:06 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 11 2021, 10:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 11 2021, 09:38 AM) *
Oh my! This track is SOOOO freakin cool 🤩😎

I think this is a perfect track for our collab idea!!

I like Ken's idea of splitting things up - so basically I could lead an instructor based collab and you could lead a student based (if you are up for it).

We could either do the collab behind "closed doors" and surprise each other with the result, or at least do parts of it in the open. The later feels more instructional. Also, I don't like the idea of a lot of time passing without any visible updates.

Looking forward to hear everybody's thoughts!

P.S. I have the track on repeat 😎

I'm up for it, for sure smile.gif

My only worry doing it as a student-run "vs" instructor-run is if people feel they will get more out of having actual instructors be in charge of the collab and participation (I do promise you all good feedback though). And furthermore how the participation will be when it's a student-run collab. Only one way to find out!

I do have an idea of more communication throughout the process of the collaboration, and I think I can do that. I.e. discuss more structural and compositional approaches while the collaboration is on-going.

I'm not sure how to approach it framework-wise though if it's a "behind closed doors" collab, as I think that ongoing discussion could create more interest, but if it's hidden then not as many people will see it. If it's NOT behind closed doors then, well, we all know what everyone is doing and there's not much to "show" later on. And I do agree, lots of time without visible updates is NOT a good idea, in my opinion smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 11 2021, 10:27 AM) *
Loving that track, it reminds me of Hotel California, I'm sure we could work with this and make something EPIC cool.gif

Todd said the same thing with Hotel California. I was trying to go for a familiar feel and still with a relatively simple theme as well as space to work with smile.gif

Glad you like it smile.gif

QUOTE (MisterM @ Nov 11 2021, 11:05 AM) *
Hi

So beautifull track
I m in

Great job Cael !

Thanks, MisterM smile.gif If we decide to use it then I hope we can create something EPIC, as Phil said smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 11 2021, 10:26 PM
GMC:er
Im not sure how it will all work but I'm sure we will figure it out smile.gif Hotel California has one of my fave solos of all time. I think this backing will be great for expressive solo work. Awesome!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 11 2021, 05:44 AM) *
I'm up for it, for sure smile.gif

Glad you like it smile.gif

Thanks, MisterM smile.gif If we decide to use it then I hope we can create something EPIC, as Phil said smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 12 2021, 07:45 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 11 2021, 04:10 AM) *
Here's an example of what I kinda had in mind. I have the seperate parts too of course.

Very nice. I really like your voice also in this track.

I will join both collabs 😎

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Nov 12 2021, 01:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
I’d love to write something for this Collaboration. It would be a small change of pace for me and I could use the lessons I’m studying and apply it here. Is there a backing track to this?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 12 2021, 07:34 PM
its in process now smile.gif That's what folks are talking about here in the thread. it looks like we may have 2 backing tracks to work with and 2 collabs smile.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Nov 12 2021, 08:01 AM) *
I’d love to write something for this Collaboration. It would be a small change of pace for me and I could use the lessons I’m studying and apply it here. Is there a backing track to this?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2021, 03:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 11 2021, 01:10 AM) *

Wou! How did I miss this amazing tune? This is a VERY promising track for a collab. It reminds me to some Blues Saraceno's video games soundtracks.

I'm in! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 15 2021, 05:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 15 2021, 04:22 AM) *
Wou! How did I miss this amazing tune? This is a VERY promising track for a collab. It reminds me to some Blues Saraceno's video games soundtracks.

I'm in! biggrin.gif

I'm glad you like it, Gabriel smile.gif I sent Kris the parts and building blocks of the song here, but let's see what happens next. I'm sure we'll be ready with the collab soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 15 2021, 10:41 AM
GMC Founder
Cool, I have given this some more thought and I would like to suggest we create two teams:

1) One team would be led by Cael and would be like the traditional "open" collabs we do.

2) In the other team I would do the singing and Gab & Ken work on the arrangements/instruments. This constellation would be unique for this collab and the idea is to have a small tailored team to prioritise the song.

We would then run the collabs in two different public threads and everybody would of course be free to comment/suggest/ask in either threads.

Hopefully this experimental setup will allow us to reach some new insights / conclusions.

Let me know what you think this!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 15 2021, 01:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So if im right, we can participate on 2 collabs?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 15 2021, 02:40 PM
GMC Founder
@tflava No, to clarify:

We would have one "open" collab which Cael would lead, and one "closed" which I would lead.

Anyone would be able to participate in the open one, but the closed one would only feature me, Gab and Ken.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 15 2021, 04:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Few questions:

- When you say traditional student-run open collab, can that still include vocals, song-like structure and so on? Or do you mean "traditional" as in just solos?

- Are we working on the same song? Or from the same motif or idea? Or seperate ones?

I'm all for experimenting and maybe looking back at this during or after the process.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 15 2021, 05:21 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 15 2021, 04:48 PM) *
- When you say traditional student-run open collab, can that still include vocals, song-like structure and so on? Or do you mean "traditional" as in just solos?

It could include anything for sure, the sky (and your imagination!) sets the limit 🤩

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 15 2021, 04:48 PM) *
- Are we working on the same song? Or from the same motif or idea?

I suggest we use your song idea as basis! (it rocks! 😎 )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 15 2021, 06:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 15 2021, 06:21 PM) *
It could include anything for sure, the sky (and your imagination!) sets the limit 🤩

I suggest we use your song idea as basis! (it rocks! 😎 )

Sounds like a plan. Do you want me to just go ahead and set up a student-run collab thread when I'm ready or do you want to set up a main thread with links to the two sub-collabs? I think that could be cool. Kind of a "main hall" thing, and then we have the two individual threads also. The main thread with more of an overall description of the process maybe, and I'll set up a thread with the student-run and you do the instructor one and such? smile.gif

----------------

I'll just share to all others what I shared in a PM with Kris an hour or so ago. They're not secret thoughts:

"I was still hoping to be able to lead the student-run collab into a more song-like structure, and I wasn't sure what you meant by "traditional open collab". My thought was to try and ping pong a bit in the collab-thread (if lead by me) with the other students. I.e. me creating the very rough parts or background - like already in the example I sent. And then try to hear what other students feel could work in certain parts and maybe work more specifically towards that. It could be vocal harmonies, a lead line, lyrics, guitar parts harmonized - or even me specifically go looking for something like: "Hey TFlava, can you provide a vocal harmony singing "ooooh" in Bm and F#m in the chorus - and if you have other ideas, please do share them too!" and then talk a bit more during the process."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 16 2021, 08:03 AM
Very cool eh!!! Can't wait ;0)

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 14 2021, 10:22 PM) *

I'm in! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 16 2021, 09:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
As you may have noticed, Kris has started a thread for that "team" for the dual collaboration.

I'll be starting a thread very soon too with some information - hopefully tonight (within the next 8-10 hours). I look forward to seeing you there! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:34 AM