14 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Guitar Idol 09, looks like I'm staying up late tonight
lcsdds
Jun 13 2009, 06:13 PM
Learning Tone Seeker

Good Job Muris....\m/\m/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jun 13 2009, 06:37 PM
GMC:er
That crowd... oh my god sad.gif I can understand you got angry Monte! Man man man.. they should've paid some respect to da boss!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Jun 13 2009, 06:38 PM

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Braer
Jun 13 2009, 06:51 PM
I know why he dident win, its because of his tight pants

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 13 2009, 06:51 PM
The crowd isn't wired for sound. The audio stream seems to be coming from a mixing board and there just isn't any crosstalk from the crowd or any sources that are listening to it.

Even a weak crowd would make more noise than this, clearly it's just an oversight on the part of the sound director.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Sentenced
Jun 13 2009, 07:02 PM
Learning Roadie
such a great performance muris, you are my guitar idol smile.gif

+Quote Post
berko
Jun 13 2009, 07:25 PM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jun 13 2009, 07:51 PM) *
The crowd isn't wired for sound. The audio stream seems to be coming from a mixing board and there just isn't any crosstalk from the crowd or any sources that are listening to it.

Even a weak crowd would make more noise than this, clearly it's just an oversight on the part of the sound director.

I was thinking the same. Muris' take was really nice, although I missed those synth choirs from the original take. Somehow the mixing is weak, barely any bass and the drums are thin. Nevertheless, Muris is the winner for me

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 13 2009, 07:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That's to bad!!

But, I have something to say xD

the voters of this competition were "normal" human being, no guitar experts or real judges. And what do normal people want? They don't want ultra fast, very technical playing! They want something recognizable, easy and structured. I think Muris's balcan influences aren't something "normal" in the UK, and I gues that most of the voters were non-Balkan, so they thought Muris composition was ok, but to hard to be easy. Thamarat however, had a quite easy balad! Plain people want to hear straight simple, maybe even boring music! Musicians often know that classical music is way better, technical, melodic, and tonewise, then pop, but still everyone listens pop, and only a few listen classical music!!

I don't want to say Muris was worse or better then Thamarat, but I do think that voters are the ones that make the final decision. If your style isn't the same then the Votor's style, then it might get hard! But Muris, please don't become a boring pop writer, just do follow your style, and even if people don't like it, we do wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 13 2009, 07:29 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Fantastic job Muris! You won in my book for sure. smile.gif I still think the final results won't be announced til Monday, so fingers crossed for you man.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 13 2009, 07:33 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well Kaznie You are right on many points, but at the same time, some people will use the opposite criteria - most strange=most original=one to vote for. Other will vote for the most shredish-speed-exploding solo, because they will think "wow this guy is lighting fast, he must be really good". Many beginning guitarists were/are thinking that speed is the biggest "skill factor". It doesn't matter that it isn't true, many believe in it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 13 2009, 07:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jun 13 2009, 08:33 PM) *
Well Kaznie You are right on many points, but at the same time, some people will use the opposite criteria - most strange=most original=one to vote for. Other will vote for the most shredish-speed-exploding solo, because they will think "wow this guy is lighting fast, he must be really good". Many beginning guitarists were/are thinking that speed is the biggest "skill factor". It doesn't matter that it isn't true, many believe in it.

True, but I don't think voters vote for originality, or they do, but not only on that! You're right about the beginning guitarists, but who of the voters were guitarist?

btw
HOLY COW HE IS TWO YEARS YOUNGER THEN ME: http://www.guitaridol.tv/online_final/entry/dark_enemy But twenty years better xD

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jun 13 2009, 07:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jun 13 2009, 06:51 PM) *

I hope you are right about the sound and the crowd...... but even Stuart Bull at one point "reprimanded" the crowd. Judging by what I saw from the webcast the crowd wast totally LAME, APATHETIC and IMO DISRESPECTFUL!!!! ALL the contestants deserved WAY better treatment than the crowd gave them. I know this is like the 20th time I've mentioned the crowd but these guitarists came a long way and worked really hard to come play for them......you can't even clap A LITTLE BIT.... mad.gif mad.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 13 2009, 07:59 PM
Instructor
Nice performance by Muris but I actually prefer his original recording. Like some of you mentioned, overall sound just wasn't the same, and it seems like everything came out trough the mixer. I guess there wasn't much preparation for performance with the actual bass player and drummer.

Guys lets not write Muris off yet, I am hoping on Monday we will see different final results then the ones you mentioned here !

Edit : Duplicated content smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Jun 13 2009, 08:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jun 13 2009, 08:16 PM
Just read in the GI forum some guy posted

Congratulations to Jack Thammarat, he is the Guitar Idol 2009 winner.

Congratulations to Hedras Ramos, Muris Varajic, Gustavo di Padua and Danielle Gottardo for the prizes.

I don't know if this is true or not. But it seems that Muris got some prizes after all!

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 13 2009, 09:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Paiva @ Jun 13 2009, 09:16 PM) *
Just read in the GI forum some guy posted

I don't know if this is true or not. But it seems that Muris got some prizes after all!

If I remember correctly, Muris won a not physical prize, only a titel or something which is ofc a good thing. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Santitv
Jun 13 2009, 09:16 PM
http://truthinshredding.blogspot.com/

He says Muris win an amp .

+Quote Post
Startear
Jun 13 2009, 09:30 PM
QUOTE (Santitv @ Jun 13 2009, 10:16 PM) *
http://truthinshredding.blogspot.com/

He says Muris win an amp .

it's true, he won amp, Blackstar I think

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 13 2009, 09:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Muris won the Blackstar award and won a Blackstar HT-5 stack, will post pics and a video of Muris and Damjam Jamming on the Lace stand.

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 13 2009, 09:54 PM
The Dark Canuck
I just got home from work and am trying to catch up on all the action but first wanted to post and say congrats to the winner but Muris will always be tops in my books.

Congrats to you Muris, for all you've accomplished, you may not have got the title of "guitar idol 2009" but you're our guitar idol everyday of the year man. I hope your time in London was great, look forward to some pics, and safe voyage home.

rok

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Jun 13 2009, 09:57 PM
Instructor
It its true that stinks that Muris didnt win.

But, with that being said the biggest thing is the exposure. Which is more important to a hardcore guitarist like Muris.

The fact that Muris is competing on an international level with guitarists that in their own right are the up and coming superstars of guitar says alot!

The last two years i have declined to even enter. I know my limitations as a player, and i can't imagine what pressure these guys are under competing at this level.

Maybe next year i will throw caution to the wind and see where it leads me. But to be honest, i can't even imagine myself competing with Muris or any of the finalists. Heck, even making it thru the first few elimination rounds.

No matter what happend Muris is still tops in our book. ANd we have him all to ourselves smile.gif

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jun 13 2009, 10:16 PM
The competition in this contest is VERY tough...

I don't if what they announced is the final results, but either way, Muris, Daniele Gottardo and jack Thammarat, all were extremely impressive.

The competition isn't a "who got the best technique" competition, but rather who can write the best guitar piece for this competition.

This is just my opinion about the three:

Muris - Best technique and most original composition, but on the other hand the backing was pretty monotone and boring(atleast to my ear).

Gottardo - Best backing, really cool sounding chord progression, and he displays incredible technique, but his composition is pointless to my ears, he's just shredding it up with little to none melodical ideas behind it.

Thammart - Not too impressive technique wise, nor on the originality, but his composition is the most flowing one, it's very catchy, just like Gustavo Guerra's composition in last year's competition, so I'm not surprised he won.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:35 AM