Does Anybody Know Biyang Brand?
Angelica
Mar 5 2008, 09:43 PM
GMC:er
It's a chinese brand of guitar and bass gear, they sell analogic pedals and all-tube amps. It looks quite like quality stuff at a lower price.
http://www.biyang.com.cn/en/Prclass.asp
Does anyone know something about it? Has someone ever tested it? (I've made an offer for a dist pedal from it on ebay, after having heard a demo...hope not to regret my choice..)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Angelica: Mar 5 2008, 09:53 PM

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 5 2008, 10:13 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Never heard of it. But one thing about Chinese products, you can find them everywhere with different housings, knobs or the same look just different product branding.

Who knows, this pedal could be the exact same as a more well known more expensive brand.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 5 2008, 10:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I never heard of it...We'll see your impression when the pedal arrives wink.gif They look interesting.. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Mar 5 2008, 10:54 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 6 2008, 01:45 PM
Instructor
Who knows - maybe you'll get lucky. Chinese gear is generally not known by the quality or durability - what you pay is what you get wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Mar 6 2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah I own a biyang distortion pedal, its really old school sounding, very sabbath-esque. Its great for iron man or NIB or something similar. It has three settings, which are pretty similar, but I'm far from an expert on gear. It eats batteries like a demon though. I have a boss metalzone and a behringer distortion pedal and people say they really eat through batteris but this is a joke. They say its all analogue and id belive them as it doesnt sound as digital as some pedals ive tried. Theyre pretty cheap off ebay so its not much of a loss if you dont like them, but id recommend a power supply. Havent tried anything else by them, but I might in the future. Another similar unkown pedal/effects company in this category is Moen, havent tried their stuff tho.

Hope this helps! laugh.gif

On checking that link you posted the pedal I have is the DS-7. I really would'nt chance my arm with an amp by them without trying it first!

This post has been edited by Spreedmaster: Mar 6 2008, 02:04 PM

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 6 2008, 02:17 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 6 2008, 01:45 PM) *
Who knows - maybe you'll get lucky. Chinese gear is generally not known by the quality or durability - what you pay is what you get wink.gif

I checked a few of my pedals

Ibanez - Made in China
Digitech - Made in China
Boss - Made in Taiwan

The Boss pedal is old so they might have moved the production. I doubt it was moved to the US, rather China would be my guess.
But I think the Boss would be designed in the US. But still it's the same Chinese parts. The soldering may differ. I think the design part is the more expensive cost that's added to the price for these pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 6 2008, 02:22 PM
QUOTE (Spreedmaster @ Mar 6 2008, 02:01 PM) *
It eats batteries like a demon though. I have a boss metalzone and a behringer distortion pedal and people say they really eat through batteris but this is a joke.

Distortion pedals in general actually should not crave more than 5-7 mAh meaning in theory you could run them for approx 40 hours on one battery load.

So it's odd if it's less than say, 25 hours.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 6 2008, 02:23 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 6 2008, 01:22 PM) *
Distortion pedals in general actually should not crave more than 5-7 mAh meaning in theory you could run them for approx 40 hours on one battery load.

So it's odd if it's less than say, 25 hours.

Unless you use useless batteries. I had these Hyundai batteries in my digital camera and they took 1 picture before dying lol.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Mar 6 2008, 02:33 PM
I also have to mention the build quality is pretty good. Its made from metal, Im guessing its aluminium, It feels like its pretty tough.

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 7 2008, 02:19 PM
QUOTE (Spreedmaster @ Mar 6 2008, 02:01 PM) *
Yeah I own a biyang distortion pedal, its really old school sounding, very sabbath-esque. Its great for iron man or NIB or something similar. It has three settings, which are pretty similar, but I'm far from an expert on gear. It eats batteries like a demon though. I They say its all analogue and id belive them as it doesnt sound as digital as some pedals ive tried. Theyre pretty cheap off ebay so its not much of a loss if you dont like them, but id recommend a power supply. Havent tried anything else by them, but I might in the future. Another similar unkown pedal/effects company in this category is Moen, havent tried their stuff tho.

Thank you, actually I was temptated by buying some Moen as well, but the sound seemed better in this byiang one.
@ Mickem: I think too that nowadays most of components of most products- including electric ones - are made in china, so this could be a "straight form the factory" pedal cheaper than more expensive ones.
But too bad if it eats so many batteries.
@ spreedmaster, what do you mean by "power supply"? Would you recommend to add a compressor for example?
Thank you to everybody. wink.gif

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 7 2008, 02:20 PM
he means like an AC adapter so you can plug the pedal into the wall.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Mar 8 2008, 12:30 AM
hmm not sure, wouldnt want to go on their website though. last time they (some chinese company) somehow put a virus on my computer?! i was like WTF!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Mar 8 2008, 03:03 AM
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Mar 7 2008, 06:30 PM) *
hmm not sure, wouldnt want to go on their website though. last time they (some chinese company) somehow put a virus on my computer?! i was like WTF!

Haha that's lame.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 26 2008, 03:52 PM
Angelica, did you get the pedal and what was it like?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:54 PM