Instructor
Low Down - B Dorian Collab - 5 Participants

1. Marek Rojewski
  2. Sollesnes
  3. Outlaw2112
  4. kjutte
  5. Wabba

Attached File  Low_Down_Collab___5_part.mp3 ( 4.12MB ) Number of downloads: 609

Comments Note: as usual I'll give two comments, a positive one, and a study direction too improve

Marek Rojewski

wink.gif great repetitive opening riff, that culminate into a double stop, followed by a series of octave slides and fast alternate picking. The solo is well structured, something the the listener enjoy, because he can follow it like a story, I like the sound, even if I found it a little too compressed

mad.gif you need to work more on bending intonations, they can really ruin your solos, I suggest you my lesson on bending and also practice them with a tuner

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...kout-full-half/

Sollesnes

wink.gif The melodic ideas you state with intervals are really great, when I use this kind of idea I like add more vibrato, but it's a matter of taste. The solo has "direction" that gives the listener the idea you know what are you doing, good job.

mad.gif You really have to fix audio problem, the track you send me was low in volume and clipping (too much gain in the input stage) your ideas are strong ad so your playing, learn more about Hard disk recording will be worth, also I think you used too much ambient Fx

Outlaw2112

wink.gif Nice rhythmic staccato intro on the low register, with a blues flavor in the phrasing that add a kind of laid back feel to the track. Nice solo with good bendings and vibrato

mad.gif Ok I said good, not perfect :-D this mean that there is still room to improve both vibrato and bendings. About tone, even if is a matter of taste, as a general guide line, too bright settings can makes your solo sound thin, many people set the bass referencing with the low strings, forgetting that low setting can make the first and second strings sound thin.

kjutte

wink.gif If this was a competition Kjutte would have been the winner! I really liked the fat dark sound, the rhythmic displacement used in your phrasing, the use of space (rests) that many players fears, and the grade of "outness", with the use of non common scale/arpeggio choices, that you resolved back inside with confidence...GOOD JOB!

mad.gif really nothing to say here, apart the you could have used a little bit more of ambient fx, maybe a short in sync delay, to better "fuse" with the backing track.

Wabba

wink.gif Good ideas and solo structure, maybe you over used a little bit the 3-notes per string patter, but of great effect specially in the intro, I also enjoyed the "out" effect you created here and there.

mad.gif as other gmcer, here we have another example of a good solo, not supported by a great sound, I perfectly understand that is a matter of taste, but a thin sound is a thin sound tongue.gif , I don't think is a problem of "the sound is in your fingers man" biggrin.gif, you have enough confidence on your instrument to get a good sound, I simply suggest to experiment more with the EQ section of your amp

here some tone suggestion for all:

1. enough bass to have the low string defined and the high string not sound thin
  2. as much mid as possible, until the sound start to sound Tubed, mid is what makes your solo stand out from the backing
  3. enough treble to gain clarity but without make your tone sound bright
  4. enough gain to support tapping and legato, without compromising dynamics (this really depends by the quality of your amp)

Thanks For Join

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Joe Kataldo: Jul 22 2009, 03:45 PM

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 22 2009, 03:02 PM
Learning Tone Guru
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jul 22 2009, 03:19 PM
Instructor
wasn't meant to be a joke, but I got you, I first published the comment "template" with just smiles, before adding comments

biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 22 2009, 03:21 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Joe Kataldo @ Jul 22 2009, 04:19 PM) *
wasn't meant to be a joke, but I got you, I first published the comment "template" with just smiles, before adding comments

biggrin.gif

Haha, ok wink.gif I kind of understood that you were gonna edit and add text comments, but it sure was fun to see laugh.gif

Edit: Hahaha, I'm still laughing laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Dexxter: Jul 22 2009, 03:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jul 22 2009, 03:31 PM
Instructor
I figured it out later too, but you completely right biggrin.gif still laughing me too biggrin.gif:D:D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jul 26 2009, 05:32 PM
GMC:er
thanks for the collab joe... i had fun doing this one, and im proud of my take...

ill work on the areas you told me about

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:59 PM