7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Soloing With Arpeggios/chord Tones, UPLOAD THREAD
Pedja Simovic
Mar 24 2009, 11:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 24 2009, 11:13 PM) *
Here ya go Pedja. I'm gonna try and do another take before the deadline...we'll see. Definitely not a Jazz guy, laugh.gif tongue.gif

Thanks Monte. This definitely meets the criteria of what I was looking for. Its entirely up to you now if you want to do extra takes. I can accept this as it is by the way. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
big harry
Mar 25 2009, 07:37 AM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 24 2009, 10:40 PM) *
Hey Harry,

I just checked out Guitar pro file. Looks perfect , all chord tones/arpeggios in there. Record it and submit it , you will be all set !

Great work !

ok thx Pedja

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
berko
Mar 25 2009, 04:44 PM
GMC:er
Ok, here's my second take but I won't provide the track without the backing because I would like to stick to the first one - for various reasons:
1) the vibratos are to wide (Malmsteen collab influence rolleyes.gif )
2) the tone was still a bit too dry
3) I've just realized after listening to it again that in this one i didn't stick to the chord tones at some places (this is very audible at the very beginning, note C does not correspond to a G7 arpeggio etc)

anyway, i had fun with it!

Attached File  chordtone_collab_berko2.mp3 ( 817.06K ) Number of downloads: 142

This post has been edited by berko: Mar 25 2009, 04:47 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 25 2009, 04:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (berko @ Mar 25 2009, 04:44 PM) *
Ok, here's my second take but I won't provide the track without the backing because I would like to stick to the first one - for various reasons:
1) the vibratos are to wide (Malmsteen collab influence rolleyes.gif )
2) the tone was still a bit too dry
3) I've just realized after listening to it again that in this one i didn't stick to the chord tones at some places (this is very audible at the very beginning, note C does not correspond to a G7 arpeggio etc)

anyway, i had fun with it!

[attachment=14596:chordton...b_berko2.mp3]

You are right Berko, I would definitely stick with your 1st take as well. I don't find it wrong playing with distortion here, that could work, I am more concerned about chord tones/arpeggios happening before or after they need to happen. You had a lot of anticipating in your solo (starting arpeggio before the actual chord changes or staying with it after it changes etc), so that produced non chord tones naturally.

I am glad you had fun with it ! 3 more days, record 50 more takes if you want smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 26 2009, 02:39 AM
Redid everything... hopefully this fits in ok, let me know if its not right

thanks for all the help pedja

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Mar 26 2009, 03:44 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 26 2009, 02:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 26 2009, 02:39 AM) *
Redid everything... hopefully this fits in ok, let me know if its not right

thanks for all the help pedja

I listened to it twice just to double check if my ear is wrong or not smile.gif

Overall it was awesome work 98 % perfect !

Two things that you can correct if you feel like recording it again (important things otherwise I wouldn't mention them).

When you went from E min7 to A min7 chord, your E min7 arpeggio went a bit into A min7 chord. So you played B and then D note there which are both non chord tones. In next take you can try to eliminate those two notes or just put them in E min7 bar and when A min7 chord comes, play Amin7 chord tones like you did before which was awesome smile.gif

Second thing was right after you had E min7, Amin7 , there was D min7 chord and then G7 chord.
What you did there was over D min7 chord and G7 chord you played G7 chord tones trough out.
The G note at the beginning over D min7 chord gave it away - its non chord tone. There you could have played D F A or C note since those are chord tones of D min7.

Thats it, those are two spots that had those mistakes. I think this take is far better then first one. As I said its 98% perfect because everywhere else you played chord tones or arpeggio. Quite an improvement for couple of days space - if that !

So now its up to you - 2 more days until deadline. I really suggest recording this take again , or even better go into this project where you have this track saved, erase 4 bars from( Emin7, A min7, Dmin7, G7) and record just that section again ! Glue it together, export the track with and without backing and you are all set.

That should take you far less time then going from beginning but as I said its up to you.

It was pleasure to help, I am happy when I can help around so never hesitate to ask !

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 26 2009, 03:00 AM
ok ill work on fixing that...
thanks for all the comments and gp files, youve been a big help

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 26 2009, 03:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 26 2009, 03:00 AM) *
ok ill work on fixing that...
thanks for all the comments and gp files, youve been a big help

Awesome ! Very excited to hear that smile.gif I don't want you to feel like I am picking on you, you know? I am very happy with your progress from first take to second one. Improvement is very obvious. I just fell this extra effort will bring it to 100% and then in final comment I have nothing bad to tell you biggrin.gif

If you need more gp files just let me know !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 26 2009, 03:08 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 26 2009, 03:03 AM) *
Awesome ! Very excited to hear that smile.gif I don't want you to feel like I am picking on you, you know? I am very happy with your progress from first take to second one. Improvement is very obvious. I just fell this extra effort will bring it to 100% and then in final comment I have nothing bad to tell you biggrin.gif

If you need more gp files just let me know !

I dont feel like youre picking on me, its actually the opposite im happy for all the help and honesty... cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 26 2009, 03:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 26 2009, 03:08 AM) *
I dont feel like youre picking on me, its actually the opposite im happy for all the help and honesty... cool.gif

I am very happy to hear that rolleyes.gif

I hope lesson will be published before actual collaboration closes, so you can check out spoken video there for more info smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 26 2009, 03:43 AM
heres my new take, changed a couple of notes

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Arpeggio_soloing.mp3 ( 563.29K ) Number of downloads: 153
Attached File  Arpeggio_soloing_no_back.mp3 ( 562.88K ) Number of downloads: 128

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 26 2009, 03:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 26 2009, 03:43 AM) *
heres my new take, changed a couple of notes

1st mistake was corrected - well done !

D min7 to G7 has only one mistake. You played over D min7 A D F G F. Instead of G put A note (or just dont play that G note) and you are 100% there smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 26 2009, 04:06 AM
took out the G on this one... this is a fun collab, i had alot more fun doing this one than i thought i would..

This post has been edited by Outlaw2112: Mar 26 2009, 04:17 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Arpeggio_soloing.mp3 ( 564.92K ) Number of downloads: 146
Attached File  Arpeggio_soloing_no_back.mp3 ( 564.92K ) Number of downloads: 134

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 26 2009, 05:01 AM
I would love to have a chart with all the arpeggio/chord tones on it, like you have here except for all of them...

Do you know where i could find them?

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 26 2009, 05:10 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 26 2009, 05:01 AM) *
I would love to have a chart with all the arpeggio/chord tones on it, like you have here except for all of them...

Learn the names of the notes on the neck.....Learn the basic shapes of the triads/arpeggios from the root position....figure them out for yourself. smile.gif This would be most beneficial for you. Pedja gave us a link to a site that will help you with the names of the notes on the neck. Here it is:

http://musictheory.net/trainers/html/id81_en.html

I do this everyday until I get 50 of them correct. After a few weeks it is very easy to know the names of the notes on the neck.....give it a shot John!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 26 2009, 05:15 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 26 2009, 05:10 AM) *
Learn the names of the notes on the neck.....Learn the basic shapes of the triads/arpeggios from the root position....figure them out for yourself. smile.gif This would be most beneficial for you. Pedja gave us a link to a site that will help you with the names of the notes on the neck. Here it is:

http://musictheory.net/trainers/html/id81_en.html

I do this everyday until I get 50 of them correct. After a few weeks it is very easy to know the names of the notes on the neck.....give it a shot John!! smile.gif

Im on it... this is something i can do when im talking / listening to my girlfriend on the phone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 26 2009, 11:12 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Here is my take, I changed it a bit after talking with Pedja, I must say that it sounded much better for me when it was played "wrong" than now dry.gif Anyway..

Attached File  collab.mp3 ( 540.6K ) Number of downloads: 189

Attached File  collab_wobt.mp3 ( 540.6K ) Number of downloads: 133

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 26 2009, 02:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Mar 26 2009, 11:12 AM) *
Here is my take, I changed it a bit after talking with Pedja, I must say that it sounded much better for me when it was played "wrong" than now dry.gif Anyway..

Attached File  collab.mp3 ( 540.6K ) Number of downloads: 189

Attached File  collab_wobt.mp3 ( 540.6K ) Number of downloads: 133

Marek well done, it sounds spot on !
I will put you on completed list now wink.gif

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 26 2009, 04:06 AM) *
took out the G on this one... this is a fun collab, i had alot more fun doing this one than i thought i would..

Glad you are having fun with it smile.gif

In this one 1st mistake is there (Emin7 to Amin7) but 2nd mistake you somewhat corrected (you played just before beat 1 B note ). Your run went like A D F D F B (F). You can put C instead of B note for example and after that when G7 starts play B F . It will produce same kind of resolution.
E min7 to A min7 sounds like your second take - there are notes on E min7 arpeggio extending into A min7...

So far your previous take is the best one wink.gif

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 26 2009, 05:01 AM) *

Monte already advised you to check out MusicTheory web site.
The graphs I posted for this collaboration were created using Scale Tool software. It is very easy to use it and is free of course smile.gif

Go to this website and download http://www.scaletool.com/

Let me know if you need help with it !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paiva
Mar 26 2009, 04:59 PM
Hey Pedja

Here is my take smile.gif

Attached File  Chord_tone_collaboration.mp3.mp3 ( 564.11K ) Number of downloads: 165

Attached File  Chord_tone_collaborationnb.mp3 ( 564.51K ) Number of downloads: 132

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
big harry
Mar 26 2009, 09:27 PM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
Hey Pedja

I am not sure if you can use this but i shot cubase again and so i needed to change to reaper but there i cannot export as mp3 and i only could export the guitar without BT
i hope you can use this otherwise i need to quit cause i need to reinstall the whole system again and that will take some time tomorrow.

really hope you can use this, if not let me know then i will try to get it done till saturday but i cannot promise

cya
Harry

Attached File(s)
Attached File  BigHarry___Chord_tone_collab_wobt.wav ( 11.94MB ) Number of downloads: 119

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:51 AM