2 Pages V  < 1 2  
December Mtp Thread - Mirkoschmidt
Daniel Realpe
Dec 18 2009, 06:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Dec 13 2009, 07:44 PM) *
hey, when im playing the spped exercice my pinky hurts! i havent enough strenght to play it for a while, after repeat it one more time (180 bpm) i need a break, because of my fingers...
do you think thats normal or is it possible that i do something wrong?

It's nomal, the ring finger and the pinky share a tendon, that's why it's a more demanding exercise.

It's all a matter of practice. When I first started I never used my pinky, then I realize I needed it for some specific parts so I started slowly getting it in shape and now it feels normal. But I have to say you will always have to make a little extra effort when using that finger and the ring because there's that physical aspect in there.

But don't worry keep on practicing like that, and eventually you'll feel comfortable, just don't go to fast because you can hurt yourself.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 18 2009, 07:35 PM
Instructor

Let me know of questions or comments! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 19 2009, 02:38 AM
Instructor
Hi Mirko!

For the third assignment we are gonna keep on working on the speed, bendings and also rhythm:

* Third Assignment: Due December 29th

- Record and post rhythm in the GP file attached. Notice it is on 2/4 time signature. This time signature uses two beats. One strong and one weak like bouncing an imaginary ball. So accent the first beat and don't accent the second.

- Record and post bendings in the GP file attached. Blues licks that make a bigger phrase.

- Record and post speed assignment in the GP file attached. This exercise uses a symmetric scale that is constituted by a whole step and a half step. Go up to the fastest possible but always clean.

* Fourth assignment: Due December 30th

- Post and submit REC assignment to REC submissions.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Bendings_Assignment_no.2.gp5 ( 2.23K ) Number of downloads: 102
Attached File  Rhythmic_Assignment_no.3.gp5 ( 1.99K ) Number of downloads: 80
Attached File  Speed_assignment_no.3.gp5 ( 2.17K ) Number of downloads: 80

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 20 2009, 09:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Dec 18 2009, 07:35 PM) *
Let me know of questions or comments! smile.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i thought i have to do the bends like that... sad.gif so much senseless work... damn...
the way you show on the video is much more easy! it sounds much better on your way...

--------------------

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 21 2009, 02:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
sorry, much to late. here is the rythm assignment2! im not sure if you can hear the 1 and 3 accent there, i havent much feel while clapping my hands.

This post has been edited by MirkoSchmidt: Dec 21 2009, 02:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 21 2009, 06:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
here is my REC-Video, im not sure if i should post it or try to get a better take! now im working on the speed stuff and that great bending lick from your song!

This post has been edited by MirkoSchmidt: Dec 21 2009, 06:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 24 2009, 12:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Dec 20 2009, 09:37 PM) *
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i thought i have to do the bends like that... sad.gif so much senseless work... damn...
the way you show on the video is much more easy! it sounds much better on your way...

what do you mean? biggrin.gif

You requested the exercise smile.gif Do you mean it's hard? take for steps at a time and let mw know, no worries!

QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Dec 21 2009, 02:43 PM) *
sorry, much to late. here is the rythm assignment2! im not sure if you can hear the 1 and 3 accent there, i havent much feel while clapping my hands.

good job, tight with the metronome! that's the point!

Still for the next assignment you should REALLY exaggerate the accent. To achieve that you can do the other notes that are on the weaker beats really quiet, then the accents will exalt naturally.

QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Dec 21 2009, 06:36 PM) *
here is my REC-Video, im not sure if i should post it or try to get a better take! now im working on the speed stuff and that great bending lick from your song!

all right! good take BUT!

You first have to make sure you are in tune! if you notice you are slightly out of tune. Before you record these takes make sure you take 2 mins to get in tune, every time you play as well! in the long run you'll get used to play out of tune and that's very bad.

Maybe that'll take care of the bendings tuning problem by itself. Another thing you can do to work on that is to make the bendings FAST. Reach the next note very fast just to practice. That might help you develop the right feel in your fingers as to where the right pitch is at.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 28 2009, 01:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
hey, here is the speed picking assignemnt, it isnt really clear, i hope i can make a better one tomorrow, but i havent that much time today and tomorrow and i have to do the bending and rythm stuff to and that is much work!

thats the bending lick, that video isnt my assignment, im sure i can make a better one, but i have a question to that: is it ok to bend the string with the ring finger? becaus i havent enough power in the pinky to use it for that!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 29 2009, 01:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok, here is the bending assignment: hope you like it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 30 2009, 02:48 AM
Learning Rock Star

here is the rythm assignment, now some claps are REALLY weak... ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 31 2009, 01:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Daniel,
today i did another video for the REC-Programm, i tuned my guitar before so i hope you like it! ^^ there are a few mistakes in it, but i think for a level 3 lesson its good enough to pass!

Ok, im waiting for new orders chief!
(doesnt mean that i havent something to practice at the moment, i realized that i cant play the speed exercice from last week at the same speed like i did a few days ago, so i have to practice all that stuff one more time!)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=32899

This post has been edited by MirkoSchmidt: Dec 31 2009, 03:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 31 2009, 05:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Dec 28 2009, 01:30 PM) *
hey, here is the speed picking assignemnt, it isnt really clear, i hope i can make a better one tomorrow, but i havent that much time today and tomorrow and i have to do the bending and rythm stuff to and that is much work!

thats the bending lick, that video isnt my assignment, im sure i can make a better one, but i have a question to that: is it ok to bend the string with the ring finger? becaus i havent enough power in the pinky to use it for that!

Thanks for the videos!

- Regarding the speed exercise, overall you have very good control of both hands and there are no sync problems. The only I would point you to would be on the ascending part on the B string, when you shift to the next position make sure you land on the right note. Sometimes it came out sloppy.

It has to become a mechanical type of exercise, you don't even have to think about it, you just replicate the same pattern on a different part of the instrument. That's the point of it.

For new exercises we are gonna do some more unpredictable patterns so you don't get stuck on doing these square type of things.

- The Rhythm exercise is great! You have the accents really present and that's the point of it. I hope you know have a better understanding and feel of the 2/4 time signature. We'll continue with these next month. Everytime more challenging of course.

- The bendings assigment is great too! You CAN and actually it's way better to do the bends with your ring finger. Myself I never use the pinky for that particular case.

Now there's a little adding I would do to the lick. Bend the A slightly on the G string when you go down.

Also do the harmonics on the D string. I know that's something you were having trouble with. I would want to help you with that. We can discuss that on chat for some minutes if you'd like.

Mirko's December REC submission

* All right Mirko! You did great this month! I'm really happy with your work.

For the start of next month I would like you to review what we've done and tell me what would you like to focus on. Also I think it would be interesting to do some assignments involving the style of a guitarist that you like.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This post has been edited by Daniel Realpe: Dec 31 2009, 05:59 PM

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Dec 31 2009, 07:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Dec 31 2009, 05:16 PM) *
Thanks for the videos!

- Regarding the speed exercise, overall you have very good control of both hands and there are no sync problems. The only I would point you to would be on the ascending part on the B string, when you shift to the next position make sure you land on the right note. Sometimes it came out sloppy.

It has to become a mechanical type of exercise, you don't even have to think about it, you just replicate the same pattern on a different part of the instrument. That's the point of it.

For new exercises we are gonna do some more unpredictable patterns so you don't get stuck on doing these square type of things.

- The Rhythm exercise is great! You have the accents really present and that's the point of it. I hope you know have a better understanding and feel of the 2/4 time signature. We'll continue with these next month. Everytime more challenging of course.

- The bendings assigment is great too! You CAN and actually it's way better to do the bends with your ring finger. Myself I never use the pinky for that particular case.

Now there's a little adding I would do to the lick. Bend the A slightly on the G string when you go down.

Also do the harmonics on the D string. I know that's something you were having trouble with. I would want to help you with that. We can discuss that on chat for some minutes if you'd like.

Mirko's December REC submission

* All right Mirko! You did great this month! I'm really happy with your work.

For the start of next month I would like you to review what we've done and tell me what would you like to focus on. Also I think it would be interesting to do some assignments involving the style of a guitarist that you like.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hey Daniel,
many thanks!

Ok, the speed exercices were really great for me. i think im really much faster than before and i practice them only 3 weeks. i did never before such exercices, im enjoying that very much because i see my skills growing up!

The bending stuff is really hard for me, i have to practice that more hours then you can imagine! laugh.gif But its also great and i have to work on that much more!
The problem with the bending lick and the pinched harmonic is the gain! If i had enough gain for the harmonics, the lick sounds terrible in my ears, so i lowered the gain and i cant play a pinched harmonic. i thought the bendings are more important then the harmonics and i didnt had a video with good bends AND harmonics! biggrin.gif
But we can involve some harmonics in the next exercices!
short before we start with MTP i tried a lesson with pinched and i worked on that many days very hard without much success! *g*

the rythm stuff is a little bit curious for me, but i like it! I trust you that its important for me! smile.gif

I love the new creed album! i have two ALTER BRIDGE and three Creed CDs at home, so maybe Marc Tremonti would be a good choice to involve. but im not sure how to combine tremonti with that stuff i want to learn! But he used much pinched harmonics on the new songs!

wish you good new year!

thanks for mentoring me vey much!!!!
im really glad to have a teacher like you!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:22 AM