Sweep/economoy Picking Critique, Please give me some tips, hints, and advice
fatb0t
Sep 4 2008, 04:06 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

Here's an upload I just took - no it's not a song - it's a technical review of sweeping. I recorded my self to actually HEAR myself from a different point of view. I'd like your guys opinions, tips, and advice on how to improve.
Edit: Yeah I did spelled economy wrong hahah

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Sep 4 2008, 04:39 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sweep1.mp3 ( 566.86K ) Number of downloads: 180

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Covered in Butte...
Sep 4 2008, 04:36 AM
I thought it was pretty awesome, but i don't think i can play them that well yet so I ain't got no advice for ya!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Sep 4 2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks man, means a lot =)

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 4 2008, 06:26 PM
Instructor
It sounds good, however it has too much effect for my taste, when practicing to hear yourself you should try to use as little effects as possible that way you will hear it clearly where you are having problems.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Sep 4 2008, 06:34 PM
Instructor
I agree with Jose,

If you can get it to sound smooth and clean with next to no effects, when you add them its gonna sound ultra tight.

Try downplaying the effects your using and put up that so we can hear exactly whats going on.

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Sep 4 2008, 08:38 PM
Instructor
Try to play the same thing you recorded but on a acoustic guitar, or with your electric but without any effect.
I think that's the best way to hear the imperfections of that technique.
I hope you find it useful.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 5 2008, 10:15 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Seems cool mate, but try recording as said above with a more clean sound (or even just clean without dist) to hear how it actually sounds so you can judge how are you playing it..With this recording its hard to tell...Also maybe recording two tracks , one with backing and other without - just guitar would be cooL!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Sep 5 2008, 10:16 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 5 2008, 11:17 PM
Those last 4 comments were good advice.

I will add, listen to this famous video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC60XNiS-MQ

Notice how you can hear him articulate his notes, and his note groups (4-note, 6-note) all stand out, accented. And no backing, or effects of any significant amount (if any). He is not sweeping, but the principle still applies.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Sep 5 2008, 11:33 PM
Instructor
good start fkalich

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 5 2008, 11:40 PM
QUOTE (Hisham Al-Sanea @ Sep 5 2008, 05:33 PM) *
good start fkalich

I worked hard on not being obnoxious on this one.

BTW, have added 4 or 5 of your lessons to my list recently. To learn a couple scales on a few. But also, you have a really neat rhythm to your play, I feel you learn a great deal when you pick up someone's interesting rhythm, it is not just the notes. In fact, maybe the rhythm matters even more. And great rhythms are subtle, won't learn that from paper, you have to listen to someone who has it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:05 AM