Ngd, Bit of an unnecessary luxury but sweet anyway :)
Phil66
Dec 13 2017, 09:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Got this today, just for convenience, works a treat, no real set up other than get it out of the box and use it, also no interference which, given my cranky house electrics is amazing. 100% recommended if you like having something you can do without but won't want to once you get it smile.gif

Unboxed, connected and sitting sweet on top of my Peavey Valveking smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 14 2017, 01:42 AM
GMC:er
Cool! Did you try it with heaphones as a wireless solution?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 14 2017, 08:33 AM
It's not really practical because I'd have to plug the headphones into the base unit so would still have the cable length. If it worked the other way, so I could plug the headphone cable into the sender, I could coil the cable up and have it at the back of my neck as it is so small and light.

On another note, I could take the ABY switch out of the loop now, as it is now, I only use it to send a completely clean guitar signal to my interface as well as guitar into my Helix. The base unit has 1/4" and xlr outputs smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 14 2017, 01:22 PM
I liked the design too, looks very cool congrats!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 14 2017, 11:10 PM
I never thought sitting in my practise room, that a wireless set up could be so nice to have. I can't explain it because having a cable isn't a big hassle, it's just a great piece of kit, no noise plugging in and out, 8 hours of playing time on one charge, auto standby after 4 minutes, strum the strings and you're back in action.

Next time you get GAS but don't know what to get, get one of these, you don't know it's there, it doesn't really do anything but I wouldn't go back to a cable now and I've only had it for two days smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 14 2017, 11:12 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 14 2017, 11:35 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Unfortunately, the G10 doesn't fit in some guitars with recessed jacks. Did your G10 come with a 1/4" adapter to help with that problem?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 15 2017, 02:43 AM
There's that smile.gif Still a spiff unit for sure. Congrats!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 14 2017, 03:33 AM) *
It's not really practical because I'd have to plug the headphones into the base unit so would still have the cable length. If it worked the other way, so I could plug the headphone cable into the sender, I could coil the cable up and have it at the back of my neck as it is so small and light.

On another note, I could take the ABY switch out of the loop now, as it is now, I only use it to send a completely clean guitar signal to my interface as well as guitar into my Helix. The base unit has 1/4" and xlr outputs smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 15 2017, 08:37 AM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Dec 14 2017, 10:35 PM) *
Unfortunately, the G10 doesn't fit in some guitars with recessed jacks. Did your G10 come with a 1/4" adapter to help with that problem?

Yes it did but a male/female 1/4 adapter would do the trick easily and better imho because it would be straight rather than bent. I thought the 90 degree adapter was for making it easier to fit onto a pedal board if you don't have 90 degree patch leads.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 16 2017, 06:52 AM
One of the guys from, (now I can't remember the band name of course) stuck a wireless inside of his hollowbody guitar and taped it to the backing. That way it didn't stick out and was secured no matter how nuts he got on stage. It's one of those screamo bands that broke up but then didn't and that faux stab the audience with their guitars. Scream rinse repeat, can't believe I forgot their name. Clever trick though from his roadie!

I rememebered!! DILINGER ESCAPE PLAN!!!

About 6:24 in to the vid.

P.S. Please forgive me if you LOVE this band. I am not a fan as you may have noticed sad.gif But to each his own!
Todd

P.P.S If you are not familiar with them here is a vid. It's 20 minutes long but you get the idea in the first minute or two.

Then again I'm a bit TYR fan and some folks HATE Tyr with a passion so there's no accounting for taste smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 15 2017, 03:37 AM) *
Yes it did but a male/female 1/4 adapter would do the trick easily and better imho because it would be straight rather than bent. I thought the 90 degree adapter was for making it easier to fit onto a pedal board if you don't have 90 degree patch leads.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 16 2017, 06:55 AM

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 17 2017, 02:50 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 15 2017, 07:37 AM) *

Yeah, it's for guitars with recessed jacks. They started including it a few months ago when people started complaining. What is needed is a male-to-male adapter, which obviously is hard to find smile.gif. But you're right, straight would be better than 90 degrees.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 17 2017, 06:37 PM
Something along the lines of THIS would be fine, definitely not male to male though.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 17 2017, 09:34 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 17 2017, 05:37 PM) *
Something along the lines of THIS would be fine, definitely not male to male though.

Nope. That's a TRS to TS adapter. The reason the necessary extender is is so hard to find is because it's not an adapter at all. That's why the only thing they could find to include with the G10 is that stupid right angle extender, which defeats the purpose of the G10. They made a design mistake on the G10 and finding an adapter to solve the problem is very difficult.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 17 2017, 11:57 PM
That's why I said "along the lines of this". You said male-to-male was needed. I'm confused as to what TRS is. I thought a mono 1/4 make with a mono 1/4 female at the other end would be fine.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 18 2017, 10:18 AM
I'm confused a bit here also. Male to male? If the adapter were male on both ends then the G10 could not plug in to it right? As the G10 transmitter has a male 1/4 terminus? I could be entirely missing the point of what you guys are on about. A small extension cable seems like a cheap and easy fix? Just 1/4 femaile mono on one end male the same on hte other so that it could fit in to a recessed jack and still allow the male plug of the g10 transmistter. Of course, at that point, it would have to "dangle" off of the guitar which is sorta lame, or be taped down, also sorta lame. sad.gif Might be easier to have the transmitter just housed in the cavity for the electronics maybe? You could charge it just by adding a small micro usb lead and using a micro usb cable to charge the batt. But now we are talking about taking the entire thing apart and rewiring it. hmm..

Wow. I went looking for an adapter/cable and man I didn't see anything that fit the bill. I thought it would be an easy find but nope. I do sorta wonder why internal versions with a small usb micro plug and battery in the cavity are not actually a thing. Maybe cost prohibitive?

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 17 2017, 06:57 PM) *
That's why I said "along the lines of this". You said male-to-male was needed. I'm confused as to what TRS is. I thought a mono 1/4 make with a mono 1/4 female at the other end would be fine.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 18 2017, 12:15 PM
Rammikin said "male to male" Todd, it was probably a mistake. That link I posted is a male ¼ with a female 1/4 socket on the back BUT on is stereo and one mono. I wouldn’t put it into the cavity because I have too many guitars and the transmitter is around £60 to buy on its own. It fits all of my guitars anyway wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 18 2017, 02:54 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 18 2017, 09:18 AM) *
I went looking for an adapter/cable and man I didn't see anything that fit the bill. I thought it would be an easy find but nope.

This is what I keep trying to explain smile.gif. What is needed here is a male to male extender with female on one side and male on the other, but such a thing is very hard to find. Line6 couldn't find one. The closest they could find was that ridiculous right angle adapter that they include now.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 18 2017, 03:26 PM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Dec 18 2017, 01:54 PM) *
This is what I keep trying to explain smile.gif. What is needed here is a male to male extender with female on one side and male on the other, but such a thing is very hard to find. Line6 couldn't find one. The closest they could find was that ridiculous right angle adapter that they include now.

Ahhhh, when you were saying "male to male" we were getting confused. I don't need one but I wonder if that one in the link would work even though it's stereo to mono, would just the mono section work in the stereo side?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 18 2017, 04:48 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 18 2017, 02:26 PM) *
I wonder if that one in the link would work even though it's stereo to mono, would just the mono section work in the stereo side?

Unfortunately, no. People who have tried it have reported noise problems. At this point, anyone who has this problem will probably have to make their own extender.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Mar 7 2018, 11:07 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I finally found a solution. My Ibanez S guitars have a barrel jack like this:

The jack is recessed into the body and the G10 transmitter won't fit in the recess. There is a solution though. The barrel jack can be extended outward by loosening the nut on the inside of the body and putting a spacer under the flange at the end of the barrel that is on the outside of the body.

The problem is if you want to put a spacer under that flange you have to disassemble the jack, cut the wires, then resolder the wiring after you put a spacer under the flange. That was more than I wanted to do just to have a wireless transmitter.

The solution that came to me was to use a flexible rubber washer as the spacer. I loosened the nut on the inside of the body, extended the barrel out (it only needed to come out about 1/4"), stretched a rubber washer to slip it on over the flange from the outside of the guitar, then tightened the nut back up.

Problem solved and no soldering necessary. So now I'm like Phil and enjoying the luxury of a wireless guitar when playing at home.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 8 2018, 04:57 PM
Nice fix!! some folks use a small extension cable and mount the transmitter to the guitar strap. But I think your way is a lot more handy. Easy to change the transmitter to another guitar.

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Mar 7 2018, 06:07 PM) *
I finally found a solution. My Ibanez S guitars have a barrel jack like this:

The jack is recessed into the body and the G10 transmitter won't fit in the recess. There is a solution though. The barrel jack can be extended outward by loosening the nut on the inside of the body and putting a spacer under the flange at the end of the barrel that is on the outside of the body.

The problem is if you want to put a spacer under that flange you have to disassemble the jack, cut the wires, then resolder the wiring after you put a spacer under the flange. That was more than I wanted to do just to have a wireless transmitter.

The solution that came to me was to use a flexible rubber washer as the spacer. I loosened the nut on the inside of the body, extended the barrel out (it only needed to come out about 1/4"), stretched a rubber washer to slip it on over the flange from the outside of the guitar, then tightened the nut back up.

Problem solved and no soldering necessary. So now I'm like Phil and enjoying the luxury of a wireless guitar when playing at home.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:13 AM