2 Pages V   1 2 >  
"man Cave" Or "home Studio"?
Todd Simpson
Apr 13 2022, 01:00 AM
GMC:er
Anyone here have a man cave or lady cave that they have converted into a home studio? Or do you have both?

I used to have a "retro man cave" that featured a Laser Disc Player, a VHS deck, and an old style standard definition projection TV. The reason being that Laser Disc/VHS are standard definition and look terrible when blown up on a HDTV set. So folks who dig retro viewing experiences sometimes have to keep an old tv just for that purpose and perhaps to play very ancient console games that are also not HD. I had a large vhs collection and laser disc collection that I'd been building for years even after going digital and switching to streaming.

It's along the same lines have have an old style record player in an age of digital music.

Anyone else have a retro cave? Here is a pic of mine before I donated most of it to CHAMPION VIDEO (the guy who built a blockbuster video in his basement)
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 13 2022, 01:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 13 2022, 09:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
I guess my home studio is slowly turning into a "man cave". laugh.gif

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

And I recently added a recliner, so I can sit there and chill:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

And I guess my living room can have a bit of that vibe as well.

Attached Image

Currently it's a mess at my home, so there's some cleaning and tidying up to do soon!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 13 2022, 09:23 AM
Learning Roadie
My whole house is my man cave!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 13 2022, 09:55 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 13 2022, 10:23 AM) *
My whole house is my man cave!

It's getting close to the same here laugh.gif

I live on my own with no kids, girlfriend or anything like that, so I only have myself to consider when it comes to my home smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 13 2022, 02:31 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 13 2022, 09:04 AM) *

Attached Image

Currently it's a mess at my home, so there's some cleaning and tidying up to do soon!

that couch be looking very nice cool.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 13 2022, 02:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Apr 13 2022, 03:31 PM) *
that couch be looking very nice cool.gif

I honestly only use it maybe 10 minutes a week. Usually I'm in front of the computer in the music room. Daphne uses the couch more than I do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 13 2022, 03:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
My house started looks like a cave (not only because the entire house is black and white....actually....more black than white laugh.gif).
From three rooms, two have been already turned into home studio. I have one and Dan (my husband) has one. But....we decided to at least keep a room for sleep and watch movies. biggrin.gif

Anyway...in my music room you can feel like in a cave. I don't like natural light, so....you can't see the sunlight (no I'm not a vampire...even if some of my friends will say something else biggrin.gif) because I soundproofed the windows and the door. The good thing is that if you don't look at your watch you will never know if it is day or night. You can compose music for many hours in a perfect silent.

This is my black and white paradise (my phone is stupid and don't reproduce the white color). smile.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 13 2022, 07:28 PM
My 'studio' I guess is my man cave - ?
I had to get it together very quickly when the lock downs started. Consequently, it's not really very nice looking though it does function well and the room even sounds pretty decent. Having all the stuff in there: bookshelves, rugs, gear, clothes and the fact that it's not actually symmetrical helps a lot in getting rid of nasty reflections. It's essentially a 'dead' room. The ceiling is low so I don't think I could record live drums but I've had pretty good luck with saxophones, loud guitars and vocals.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 13 2022, 07:32 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 13 2022, 07:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Apr 13 2022, 02:30 PM) *
My house started looks like a cave (not only because the entire house is black and white....actually....more black than white laugh.gif).
From three rooms, two have been already turned into home studio. I have one and Dan (my husband) has one. But....we decided to at least keep a room for sleep and watch movies. biggrin.gif

Anyway...in my music room you can feel like in a cave. I don't like natural light, so....you can't see the sunlight (no I'm not a vampire...even if some of my friends will say something else biggrin.gif) because I soundproofed the windows and the door. The good thing is that if you don't look at your watch you will never know if it is day or night. You can compose music for many hours in a perfect silent.

This is my black and white paradise (my phone is stupid and don't reproduce the white color). smile.gif

Attached Image

That's a great "she shed" Monica wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 13 2022, 09:09 PM
Same here smile.gif My home studio and man cave are now the same thing. Gone are the days when I had to separate them. Then again, I gave away all the "Retro" stuff so now it's all current bits including a semi retro Playstation 4 smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 13 2022, 04:04 AM) *
I guess my home studio is slowly turning into a "man cave". laugh.gif

That is a very spiff "She Shed" indeed!!!

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Apr 13 2022, 10:30 AM) *
My house started looks like a cave (not only because the entire house is black and ..
Attached Image

Same here smile.gif It's all one thing nowawadays.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 13 2022, 02:28 PM) *
My 'studio' I guess is my man cave - ?
I had to get it together very quickly when the lock downs started. Consequently, it's not really very nice looking though it does function well and the room even sounds pretty decent. Having all the stuff in

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 14 2022, 07:42 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 13 2022, 09:55 AM) *
It's getting close to the same here laugh.gif

I live on my own with no kids, girlfriend or anything like that, so I only have myself to consider when it comes to my home smile.gif

Same here, If I get into another relationship I think separate houses and not living together will be my plan.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2022, 06:57 AM
Yeah, it would be a bit strange. Hey honey, I'm working on this track, so can you sleep on the couch or something as I need to use my main monitors and it's gonna get loud in the bedroom/man cave/studio smile.gif
Attached Image

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 14 2022, 02:42 AM) *
Same here, If I get into another relationship I think separate houses and not living together will be my plan.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 15 2022, 09:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Few pictures from just now. Not much difference, but I got an LED strip for my amp and for the drum computer screen too.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 18 2022, 05:30 AM
Cool lights!! I got one of the mini light saber led poles to test it out. They make much bigger ones of course. Its' starting to become a bit of a weapons race on youtube it seems with led lighting wink.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 15 2022, 04:41 PM) *
Few pictures from just now. Not much difference, but I got an LED strip for my amp and for the drum computer screen too.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 4 2023, 03:56 PM
Learning Roadie
My studio space is finally progressing again and taking shape

Won't be long until I have to do some physical work!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gjCvS7Y758proVyo6

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2023, 03:14 AM
Please do keep us in the loop!! Take some cell phone videos and put them on youtube if possible so you can embed them here and pix etc. so we can follow your build!!!!! MEGA MAN CAVE / HOME STUDIO is there really a difference? smile.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Apr 4 2023, 10:56 AM) *
My studio space is finally progressing again and taking shape

Won't be long until I have to do some physical work!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gjCvS7Y758proVyo6

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 14 2023, 10:48 AM
Learning Roadie
Not long to go now.

My flooring is down main ceiling lights installed, just giving skirting boards another coat of paint before fixing to the walls, Led strips to be installed and need to get the electrician to finish his stuff.

Desk has been ordered and will take 30 days to get here. Thomann order will be here next week.

Kali LP6 v2
Vocal head booth
M Audio Oxygen Pro 61 (we'll see if I need a proper 88 key digital piano in the future)
7 guitar rack

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 21 2023, 02:26 AM
Pix please! Love to see the progress smile.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 14 2023, 05:48 AM) *
Not long to go now.

My flooring is down main ceiling lights installed, just giving skirting boards another coat of paint before fixing to the walls, Led strips to be installed and need to get the electrician to finish his stuff.

Desk has been ordered and will take 30 days to get here. Thomann order will be here next week.

Kali LP6 v2
Vocal head booth
M Audio Oxygen Pro 61 (we'll see if I need a proper 88 key digital piano in the future)
7 guitar rack

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 26 2023, 03:58 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 26 2023, 08:12 PM
Lookin' good!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:38 AM