2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Finally I Bought My Stratocaster
Stephane Lucarel...
Mar 4 2009, 07:53 PM
Instructor
Good choice ! Beautiful strat, congrats smile.gif
Hope it will rock pretty soon cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 5 2009, 07:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks everyone, I'm glad to see everyone approving my move of buying a strat....

I went to the store today... and it was one of the worst day of my life. I have to say that I live about 30 minutes from Downtown Montreal (or the guitar shop if you prefer). While I was traveling there my car broke down on the Higway but in a place where there is no place to pull over and where two higways are merging, so it means a whole bunch of trafic.

I almost got hit by a van that was going way to fast. I couldn't do anything so they brought me to the garage and it cost me 600$ with the towing and the job on my car.

Once it was done, I went to the store and they finally adjust the guitar. They did an okay job but I don't think it is perfect, I still find that the A string is buzzing around the 12th fret but I will keep it like that for now. If it really annoy me I'll bring it to a luther that I know.

So finally I can play with my Strat but I almost got killed and it cost me 600$. After buying a guitar and reparing my car I'm totally broke but hey..... I don't care I plug my strat and I play the blues

Rock On everyone and thanks for your support on my new guitar
(sorry for the mistakes, english is not my first language and I almost got killed a couple of hours ago. rolleyes.gif )

By the way.... How do you name your guitars guys? This guitar needs a name but I don't know how to name it for now. It has to be a girl name because this guitar give me so much feeling thats its like ...... Nevermind, I shouldn't go to far in those kinds of details wink.gif .

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Crazy_Diamond: Mar 5 2009, 07:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roadside
Mar 5 2009, 08:00 AM
GMC:er
Oh my god, dude! What a bad day sad.gif Must have been a real tragedy mad.gif Why couldn´t they fix your guitar properly this time?

And yeeah, it has to be a girl name for sure! Take a good one, so that you don´t ever have to change the name. Maybe you got a sister or a good friend of yours with a beautiful name?

I once named my guitar after my girlfriend, no good idea at all tongue.gif

Anyway, good luck & don´t worry about your english it´s pretty decent wink.gif

cheers

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 5 2009, 08:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
They told me that it was normal to hear some buzz sometime and if I wanted to have absolutely no buzz they would have to raise the action alot. I was in a Just fix the damn thing kind of mood so i didn't argue with them and I love the action so I didn't want to get it messed up.. The buzz isn't to bad I'm just a little picky I think I am going to wait and if it continues to annoy me I am goind to a luther.

Of course after a broken car you don't want to be charge by a luther because some salesperson give you a really bad service.

This post has been edited by Crazy_Diamond: Mar 5 2009, 08:10 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 5 2009, 08:10 AM
I picked Phairah for my guitars name. There's something about the hard syllable that says she can kick your ass. biggrin.gif

I have also named my new amp: Gorlaque

This post has been edited by Sircraigery: Mar 5 2009, 11:26 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Mar 5 2009, 08:21 AM
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Mar 4 2009, 10:10 PM) *
So finally I can play with my Strat but I almost got killed and it cost me 600$.

Man... I hope that is one incredible guitar! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Roadside
Mar 5 2009, 08:38 AM
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Mar 5 2009, 08:21 AM) *
Man... I hope that is one incredible guitar! laugh.gif

Haha for sure! It has to be biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Mar 5 2009, 03:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Beautiful bro...incredible story to tell as well!!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 5 2009, 11:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Sorry to hear about your bad day sad.gif Its good that you got it fixed now...Regarding small buzz, it may diminish in time..Guitar needs to be played a little when its new (frets get worn , buzz diminishes)..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 8 2009, 11:58 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice guitar, congrats smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:28 PM