Gear Review Toneshifter 3s
Todd Simpson
Dec 24 2017, 07:43 AM
GMC:er
I did a review for your eyes only smile.gif This thing started on Kickstarter and is now making it's way in to the world. It's a game changer. Midi controller and audio interface in one. Runs under $300. I'm using my iphone and the amplitude app in this vid.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 24 2017, 01:34 PM
I checked other who have demoed as well, keep in mind no one seems to demoed it with elevan rack wink.gif

Oh and I also checked toneshifters youtube channel, I'd advised them to make a better company profile...I can see they're sub.'ed to Sophia Maicova biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 25 2017, 06:43 AM
They are still on KICKSTARTER so it's barely a company at this point. It's really just a few guys with a clever idea. I gotta say it's a very clever Idea smile.gif I"ve got an 11 rack and it's on deck to be tried with it so there will be an 11 rack vid smile.gif It's just standard midi jacks on the device and 11 so it should work just fine.

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 24 2017, 08:34 AM) *
I checked other who have demoed as well, keep in mind no one seems to demoed it with elevan rack wink.gif

Oh and I also checked toneshifters youtube channel, I'd advised them to make a better company profile...I can see they're sub.'ed to Sophia Maicova biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 28 2017, 09:13 PM
P.S. If you get a chance to get or even try one of these, I'd suggest it. They run $269 direct on kick starter. I found that I really don't need my other midi controller anymore. or the gator floor board that goes with it, also, I don't really need another sound card/audio interface. I still have one hooked up with xlr inputs as this one doesn't have xlr jacks. I could use an adapter but I figure I'll leave the audio interface with the mics in it and keep this one for moving about. It's just so handy and small that you can take it anywhere and don't need to bring laptop with you to have good tone smile.gif

Here is just the audio demo chunk. Just used the camera audio for this one. Better one coming with outputs of the device going in to my iconnectivity audio interface in stereo.

Todd

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 29 2017, 12:15 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I would snap one up at less than 5 Watts, just what I want

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 31 2017, 03:32 AM
Far less than 5 watts, it's zero watts smile.gif It's not a power amp. It's just an audio interface and midi controller. So you have to go from the output jack in to something. E.G. a powered speaker, headphones, etc. You could also use the usb to connect it to a laptop and use the laptop speakers or whatever is connected to the laptop. But yeah, it's not a mini power amp. But that would be a cool add on! 3 Devices in one!
Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 28 2017, 07:15 PM) *
I would snap one up at less than 5 Watts, just what I want

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 31 2017, 11:31 AM
Oooops,

That was an answer for another forum last about the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 laugh.gif

Sorry Todd smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 1 2018, 01:53 AM
They don't make those in 5 watts either smile.gif You can get one of the small HOTONE micro heads at 5 watts. I've got one on my pedal board and it's great. It's the MOJO TONE which is a very clean amp. You can push it with an overdrive but it's mostly a clean tone amp, it's also got an fx loop which is handy. So the pedal board is a complete rig with built in power amp smile.gif It will drive a full size cab with no problem.

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 31 2017, 06:31 AM) *
Oooops,

That was an answer for another forum last about the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 laugh.gif

Sorry Todd smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 1 2018, 01:09 PM
Yeah I know SD don't do them in 5w, would be sweet though. I can go into my Valveking return if I just want a power amp really, I just love that SD unit. Looks ace.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 1 2018, 06:49 PM
Nice unit but maybe more power than you need for home use. One of the the micro heads from hotone could do the job to be honest and they are much cheaper. I love mine smile.gif

Todd

Here is the mojo amp with a boost on it. It can stay pure clean or it can go nuts.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 1 2018, 08:09 AM) *
Yeah I know SD don't do them in 5w, would be sweet though. I can go into my Valveking return if I just want a power amp really, I just love that SD unit. Looks ace.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 1 2018, 11:06 PM
I have the 20w Valveking micro head buddy, it's switchable 20w, 5w and 1w wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2018, 01:30 AM
Nice!! It won't fit on a pedal board, but that's a very spiff head!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 1 2018, 06:06 PM) *
I have the 20w Valveking micro head buddy, it's switchable 20w, 5w and 1w wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:25 PM