First Apple Silicon Macs Are Here
Mertay
Nov 10 2020, 10:12 PM
GMC:er
From music production perspective (specially near end of the post)

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/production...QlE6gi9on9FXnnM

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Todd Simpson
Nov 12 2020, 06:19 AM
GMC:er
We have not seen any real benchmarks yet people. So far it's all "up to 10x faster" which means nothing. I really want to see real world benchmarks with real world apps like adobe premiere etc. Apples to apples comparison on exporting, video playback, etc. The macbook air and mac mini are typically the weakest offerings in terms of performance. They are currently comparing the apple silicon air to the old intel based air. The old intel based air was never a powerful machine, neither was the mini. Both suffered from very bad graphics performance. The mini is very similar to the air in terms of graphics power in previous models. I am hopeful, but I'm also a bit skeptical until I see actual benchmark numbers. They have sorta taken the guts of a new ipad pro and stuffed it in to a laptop and a mini. This works well for apple as they can have the app store and apps that work on mobile and desktop devices. So it may be a bit early to pull the trigger. Still, I bet we will start seeing real world tests soon smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 12 2020, 06:20 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 09:05 AM