Welcome Back Rhida, Read his interesting post.
Phil66
Aug 22 2016, 07:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
A huge welcome back to Rhida, I've missed you buddy.

We used to be on similar levels and help each other through difficulties and times of low motivation.

Great to see you back.

Read his post HERE, it's very interesting. I too was born left handed but my grandmother was religious, and back then, when I was born in the olden days it was considered to be "the work of the devil" by many, so my mom trained me to be right handed, the devil's still in me but it's disguised cool.gif

Welcome back my friend smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 23 2016, 08:07 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 22 2016, 08:01 PM
GMC:er
Rhidas experience is very interesting!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 22 2016, 08:08 PM
It's made me wonder if it might be the reason for my slow progress, I've just turned one of my guitars over and it felt awful, it could be a contributing factor maybe unsure.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Roadside
Aug 22 2016, 09:01 PM
Welcome back Rhida. Is it the same scenario with left footed people? I always knew there was something going on inside of me tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 22 2016, 09:08 PM
I play football with my left foot mainly smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Roadside
Aug 22 2016, 09:10 PM
Just read his story in REC session. Wow, kind of mind blowing to me. If I imagine frustration he must have faced, but still having the courage to start all over again.

Great character!

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 22 2016, 09:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I admire your dedication, Rhida. Best of luck with the lefty playing smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 22 2016, 10:26 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 22 2016, 07:08 PM) *
It's made me wonder if it might be the reason for my slow progress, I've just turned one of my guitars over and it felt awful, it could be a contributing factor maybe unsure.gif

I know 3-4 lefty who play right handed and 2 of them are teachers in colleges smile.gif Rhidas case is the first time I heard and I'm positive its a very rare case.

Also I don't think your progress is slow, I almost never visited your lesson topics but listened while you demo gear and noticed serious improvement. Rhida also mentions a very specific problem, if you have something like that or simply wondering if such thing is going on with you would be good to share with your instructor.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rhida
Aug 23 2016, 12:10 AM
Wow! Thanks guys!
Yes my case is very specific.
I still investigate on this subject.
I am not a total ambidextrous (although I can shave or brush my teeth with one hand or the other) but I am righty for some things or lefty for others and both with some.
You never truly know yourself right?

If it wasn't for the guitar I would have never found my true self.
So I 'm grateful and all those years of frustration are behind me hopefully.

It's never too late folks!
Age is only a number.

And Phil you achieved a lot since you've been here.
I think that it's your mindset and lack of confidence that hold you back. Work on these along with your guitar skills and you'll amaze yourself. I'm not the only one who believe in you.

God bless you all.
Take care and practice hard my friends!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 23 2016, 07:08 AM
Thanks for your kind words buddy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 23 2016, 07:25 AM
Welcome back!!! smile.gif Always good to have a fellow GMCer enter the fold again smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 22 2016, 02:57 PM) *
A huge welcome back to Rhida, I've missed you buddy.

We used to be on similar levels and help each other through difficulties and times of low motivation.

Great to see you back buddy.

Read his post HERE, it's very interesting. I too was born left handed but my grandmother was religious, and back then, when I was born in the olden days it was considered to be "the work of the devil" by many, so my mom trained me to be right handed, the devil's still in me but it's disguised cool.gif

Welcome back my friend smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 06:19 PM