The Big Gmc Lesson Type Poll
Lesson Types
What Genres interst you the most? (feel free to pick a few)
Blues [ 29 ] ** [16.86%]
Metal [ 34 ] ** [19.77%]
Country [ 5 ] ** [2.91%]
Shred [ 27 ] ** [15.70%]
Fusion [ 12 ] ** [6.98%]
Jazz [ 14 ] ** [8.14%]
Classical [ 8 ] ** [4.65%]
Reggae [ 2 ] ** [1.16%]
Funk [ 10 ] ** [5.81%]
Rock [ 28 ] ** [16.28%]
Punk [ 3 ] ** [1.74%]
What playing styles interest you the most?
Beginners [ 11 ] ** [11.11%]
Lead Guitar [ 45 ] ** [45.45%]
Rhythm Guitar [ 36 ] ** [36.36%]
Acoustic Guitar [ 7 ] ** [7.07%]
What lesson types interest you the most?
Original Instructor Solos [ 32 ] ** [26.23%]
In the style of ... [ 23 ] ** [18.85%]
Famous Songs [ 15 ] ** [12.30%]
Technique themed (e.g. sweep picking) [ 26 ] ** [21.31%]
Theory Themed (e.g. Mixolydian Solo) [ 26 ] ** [21.31%]
Total Votes: 50
Guests cannot vote 
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 23 2011, 03:36 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Hi GMC!

As ever, we are interested in hearing what you, the membership want! It occurred to us that we should check if we are giving you the right kind of lessons, and you are enjoying them, so here we have a poll!

Please fill it in and as always, give us your additional thoughts and comments in this thread.

In particular, we won't be adding every possible sub-genre in the poll itself, so if you are a fan of Icelandic undead-viking-space-black-metal let us know! Also, along with those genres it would be helpful if you could give us suggested bands that we could do lessons on.

As ever, thanks for your input!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 23 2011, 04:20 PM
Instructor
nice one!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 23 2011, 04:33 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Great poll!
When it comes to music style, how about adding Rock, classic rock or punk?
I'd be interested in these styles, as well as metal. Gotta admit, there's a ton of lessons in these styles already, for rhythm and lead guitar, inthe style of lessons, original instructor lessons and technique oriented ones, so I'm pretty happy with the lessons GMC offers right now wink.gif
When it comes to bands, I think Volbeat and Billy Talent would be great choices, as these two got a fresh and somewhat unique style. But that's just my taste.
Also, I am a big fan of chats, especially Todd's "Midnight Metal Madness" on saturday. Would be great to have more chats like these, with prepared themes/licks and a fixed time (like every sunday at 20 GMT or something like that). I also have a candidate for this kind of chat...yes, I am looking at you, Ben! wink.gif
Overall I am really happy with what GMC offers lesson- and instructor-wise!

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 23 2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks! I added in Rock & Punk to the poll choices.

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 23 2011, 04:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hm...already voted...so just add one vote for punk and rock smile.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 23 2011, 05:23 PM
Will do smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 24 2011, 09:50 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
voted!

+Quote Post
Jitty
Jan 24 2011, 11:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
I would love to see more folk/orchestral metal lessons, especially in the styles of bands like Ensiferum and Equilibrium or Epica. I would obviously like to see guitar lessons, but also lessons on how to make the background orchestral tracks, because many of the lessons that are already on the site have incredible backing tracks that I have no idea how to make myself for my own songs, so a few lessons on that would be nice.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 25 2011, 01:43 AM
Learning Roadie
I love the bands Skillet, RED, Demon Hunter, Disciple, Decyfer Down, Fireflight, The Letter Black, and Thousand Foot Krutch.

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Jan 26 2011, 10:35 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Great poll!

I'd like to see the outcome, and I think I already know the results.... smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 26 2011, 11:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Really great poll.Just voted.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 31 2011, 03:46 PM
Instructor
Great poll indeed. I can notice that lesson quantity by categories pretty much match what the membership has in mind. Having that said, I would say recommend everyone to vote as much as possible and to give additional comments, it would help a lot in making more cool lessons! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 1 2011, 10:27 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
My main goal with guitar is playing covers of the songs I like, which are usually metal/punk/rock.
To do that I need almost everything: lead, rhythm, and techniques. And teh lessons that suit that are all really, but specially in the style of and famous songs lessons.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:18 AM