Line 6 Toneport Gx Guitar Usb Audio Interface ?
besip
Feb 11 2008, 06:19 PM
GMC:er
hi Guys i'm wanna buy this stuff like beghiner i'm don't know mutch about this

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp...ysubsearch=true

what i'm wanna do is combine the recording sound with my Web camera and if thats posible also backing track from here..hope thats possible????

or if are you have somebody expirience with that system or other with similar or litle higer price{and better} let me know please

Thanks--Rene

[attachment=4447:lg_LTPORTGXX.jpg]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Feb 11 2008, 06:20 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 11 2008, 06:27 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its a very good interface..But I don't know if its possible to record you AND backing track at the same time with it...I think its quite possible to record video from web cam and audio from here.. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
besip
Feb 11 2008, 06:32 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Feb 11 2008, 12:27 PM) *
Its a very good interface..But I don't know if its possible to record you AND backing track at the same time with it...I think its quite possible to record video from web cam and audio from here.. wink.gif

thanks i'm will try to find out or maybe anybody else who know about this will respond yet cool.gif
and like i'm set if somebody know about similar system which can made for sure all of this just let me know pls

thanks Bogdan for answer

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2008, 09:27 PM
Instructor
Yes you can Besip. You can do all those things. With Line 6 devices you get ableton lite software. Or you can use reaper. In these two programs you can insert one track from the site, play it and record over that your playing from the toneport, while simultaneosly recording teh video in movie maker. It is the easiest way I can think of.

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Feb 11 2008, 09:27 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 11 2008, 09:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah that can be done , I thought he wanted to playback the backing directly from the site (and record it)..Its not possible to download backings..But for collaborations - its ok , you can do it easily since download of a track is an option smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Feb 11 2008, 09:32 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2008, 10:14 PM
Instructor
no, no bogdan he didn't want that wink.gif I think he wanted to be able to record somethig he plays along with the track, and the best way to do it is by reaper or abletone lite. They are free.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 11 2008, 10:59 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
That will work just fine Besip, I use it since last Christmas and it works great so far.

It didn't come with ableton lite for me, only with Gearbox. But i use reaper to record anyway, so it'd just fine.

Just one thing: If you are thinking of recording the guitar and vocals at the same time in the future then you should check Toneport UX1 instead.

But if you just want to record the guitar, GX is fine.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
besip
Feb 12 2008, 05:41 AM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 11 2008, 04:14 PM) *
no, no bogdan he didn't want that wink.gif I think he wanted to be able to record somethig he plays along with the track, and the best way to do it is by reaper or abletone lite. They are free.

yeeaahh you got me what i'm think is do is record some stuff like that
actualy i'm working now on Pavel Heavy metal lesson 3 and there is nice backing track whats help to play and with that backing all of this sound better also

now i'm lost alo thanks to Fran!!!! for answer..i'm not sure what is the Reaper or Ableton lite ..I't is probbaly some programs right but Frans say he do't have the program over there and Ivan say i'm spouse get the 1 of this program with the package

anyway all of you says the programs are free cool.gif

so if i'm get right it's possible to do? like Ivan say the program made me put together backing from here +my quitar playing and web cam recording??

or i'm can do all of this but without the backing from here but backing from other place??

thanks for passion rolleyes.gif

and any diferend i'd is welcom

Thanks..Rene

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
Feb 12 2008, 05:41 AM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 11 2008, 04:14 PM) *

yeeaahh you got me what i'm think is do is record some stuff like that
actualy i'm working now on Pavel Heavy metal lesson 3 and there is nice backing track whats help to play and with that backing all of this sound better also

now i'm lost alo thanks to Fran!!!! for answer..i'm not sure what is the Reaper or Ableton lite ..I't is probbaly some programs right but Frans say he do't have the program over there and Ivan say i'm spouse get the 1 of this program with the package

anyway all of you says the programs are free cool.gif

so if i'm get right it's possible to do? like Ivan say the program made me put together backing from here +my quitar playing and web cam recording??

or i'm can do all of this but without the backing from here but backing from other place??

thanks for passion rolleyes.gif

and any diferend i'd is welcom

Thanks..Rene

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 12 2008, 12:38 PM
Instructor
Hey Besip, I too recommend Toneport UX1. It is very handy to have a Microphone Input, if you sometimes want to sing something, or mic your amp.

The most easiest way to record something is to download the backing track from GMC, and play it in for example winamp. In the same time, open Windows Movie Maker, and set as your video source your webcam, and as your audio source your Toneport GX device. Then you press record in movie maker to start recordng the video and the sound from the toneport, and you go to winamp and press play, then jam along with the backing from hte GMC, and in the end, in import that backing track in movie maker as a backing audio and sync it properly with the video you just recorded.

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Feb 13 2008, 02:02 AM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 12 2008, 06:38 AM) *
Hey Besip, I too recommend Toneport UX1. It is very handy to have a Microphone Input, if you sometimes want to sing something, or mic your amp.

The most easiest way to record something is to download the backing track from GMC, and play it in for example winamp. In the same time, open Windows Movie Maker, and set as your video source your webcam, and as your audio source your Toneport GX device. Then you press record in movie maker to start recordng the video and the sound from the toneport, and you go to winamp and press play, then jam along with the backing from hte GMC, and in the end, in import that backing track in movie maker as a backing audio and sync it properly with the video you just recorded.

ok Ivan tahts sound smart actualy i'm never work with stuff like that and i'm dont know how to put later the backing track like backing audio but i'm will find this that shoot be easy..actualy if i'm get that right the Line 6 Toneport probaly can make it also?? but what is better on UX1 is change to sing over playing

i'm just lost with 1 more thing somebody here tell me the backing track from here is no way to download????

also if i'm be thing about UX1 hehe in ZZ-sound is good sale for Blemished stuff rolleyes.gif
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINTPUX1

This post has been edited by besip: Feb 13 2008, 02:15 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
Feb 15 2008, 12:53 AM
unsure.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:29 AM