Gmc Scale Generator!
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 22 2010, 02:51 PM
GMC Founder
Today I have the pleasure to show you something we have been working on for a long time - the GMC scale generator!

Hopefully this tool will make it easier for you to learn/create new scales and share them on our forum.

This is only a first version - so feedback is welcome (as always!)

>> The GMC Scale Generator <<

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Gitarrero
Dec 22 2010, 03:01 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Very cool and useful tool, Kris!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Dec 22 2010, 03:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes! A very much needed improvement, and it's easy to use too! smile.gif Great!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 22 2010, 03:44 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks guys!

So who is going to be the first one to embed a scale in a forum post??!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
emirb
Dec 22 2010, 04:05 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Wow, it really looks nice, and it's fast!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 22 2010, 04:12 PM
Learning Roadie
love this one! gonna use it a lot biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 22 2010, 04:15 PM
GMC Founder
Very rewarding to hear that you like it - there's a lot of sweat and tears put into this one! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 22 2010, 04:57 PM
Instructor
It's great! and easy! I will certainly use it on my next lesson, smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 22 2010, 06:05 PM
Instructor
Yes yes yes ! Kris this is awesome.. thank you !! I've struggled with getting my scale diagrams to save and upload so this will make my life a whole lot easier !!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 22 2010, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Very useful and vast biggrin.gif I am already noodling with it (I am at my desk now) so I'll be able to properly use it with a guitar in my hand at home biggrin.gif

thank you Kris!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 22 2010, 06:06 PM
Instructor
YAY ! I did it - F Melodic Minor for you all... Merry Christmas !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Dec 22 2010, 06:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome addition!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 22 2010, 06:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Thats a Really Cool Feature smile.gif

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Dec 22 2010, 07:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
biggrin.gif a great tool indeed. Very wanted.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Gary
Dec 22 2010, 07:50 PM
GMC:er
Kris,
Love this.. Outside of the display of scales I really like how you can freely click on fret locations and see the notes..great for learning the notes on the fret board.

Excellent addition to the site!

Gary

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Dec 22 2010, 08:06 PM
Learning Roadie
awesome.. thats gonna help a whole lot

There is one thing though.. try selecting the C minor pentatonic.. Box 2 is missing because it extends past 12th fret..

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 22 2010, 08:14 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Congrats Ben for being the first one to put up a diagram ^^
Kris, now you have to find a place on the main page so everybody can easily find the Scale Generator wink.gif
Christian
P.S.: Nevermind...just found it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Dec 22 2010, 08:51 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 22 2010, 10:14 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Dec 22 2010, 08:06 PM) *
awesome.. thats gonna help a whole lot

There is one thing though.. try selecting the C minor pentatonic.. Box 2 is missing because it extends past 12th fret..

Yes we have already got requests for a larger fretboard, perhaps the next version will allow you to toggle between 12/24 frets! smile.gif

If you want to learn all the boxes of the C minor pentatonic scale - you will find that the first and last box of our scale generator actually borders to the "missing" box, so if you learn those two you should see that the box is in between. (no information is lost) I agree though that in this case it would be better if we had a bigger fretboard.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 22 2010, 06:05 PM) *
Yes yes yes ! Kris this is awesome.. thank you !! I've struggled with getting my scale diagrams to save and upload so this will make my life a whole lot easier !!! biggrin.gif

Hehe you won Ben - nice scale choice as well! =)

QUOTE (Gary @ Dec 22 2010, 07:50 PM) *
Love this.. Outside of the display of scales I really like how you can freely click on fret locations and see the notes..great for learning the notes on the fret board.

Great to hear Gary - I like that feature as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Dec 22 2010, 11:02 PM
Instructor
Cool!
I'd say that's an amazing tool for instructors to unify our chats for the lessons. In that way will be like a uniform for scale charts smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Dec 22 2010, 11:22 PM
GMC:er
Cool Kris!

I was just using the B minor scale, but it seems like the G note on the 12th string is missing somehow, or is it just me?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:22 AM