Guitar Rig 6 Pro
Mertay
Oct 2 2020, 12:31 AM
GMC:er
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/produ...itar-rig-6-pro/

Has been many years since previous version released, which might have been the most pirated software ever laugh.gif

To me guitar rig was always about sound creation than trying to be more realistic in the competition. It had amazing fx even synth guys occasionally used and I expect the same for this one too.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 2 2020, 02:52 AM
The FX were great! It had fx that could be used on just about anything, not just guitar. Very flexible. This one will probably be pirated quite a bit as well. The native instruments stuff is well due for an update! I really loved the last big combo pack back in the day. It was HUGE though and took an entire hard drive to install. It even came with a hard drive as it was too big for discs if you got the big version.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 2 2020, 09:53 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 2 2020, 01:52 AM) *
The native instruments stuff is well due for an update! I really loved the last big combo pack back in the day. It was HUGE though and took an entire hard drive to install. It even came with a hard drive as it was too big for discs if you got the big version.

Oh I didn't mention it, its part of the new Komplete 13 release as well; https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/komplete/

They seem a bit forwarded to film music overall, but all options seem nice. The biggest one 770GB, just as you mention an entire harddisk smile.gif

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/produ...select/compare/

This post has been edited by Mertay: Oct 2 2020, 09:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Oct 2 2020, 03:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
I have been using guitar rig 5 in all of my recordings here biggrin.gif

It takes a lot of tweeking to get a good sound, but its presets are pretty good.

I want to test guitar rig 6 and see if it sounds better than previous versions.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2020, 07:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Oct 2 2020, 11:00 AM) *
I have been using guitar rig 5 in all of my recordings here biggrin.gif

It takes a lot of tweeking to get a good sound, but its presets are pretty good.

I want to test guitar rig 6 and see if it sounds better than previous versions.

Yeah! These amp sim that includes millions of options usually are tricky to set up, but if you are patient and experiment, you can get a cool sound.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 2 2020, 09:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Can't find a demo version sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Oct 2 2020, 09:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
Visit this website, and on the right side there is a "demo" button.

It is located next to the "Buy now" button.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 2 2020, 08:20 PM) *
Can't find a demo version sad.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 2 2020, 10:43 PM
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Oct 2 2020, 09:33 PM) *
Visit this website, and on the right side there is a "demo" button.

It is located next to the "Buy now" button.

Cheers buddy, I never spotted that wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 3 2020, 12:56 AM
KOMPLETE is a great buy given how much is would costs separately, but it's still a $600 which is not a small amount of money. It's a massive install. It's almost a terabyte, before install, then it expands during install on your installation drive. At least that was what happened when I last had the COMPLETE version. It was just huge. I found that i ended up mostly using the guitar pro plugin which I used for several years until I switched to OVERLOUD. It's a very handy guitar sim. I think I will try the new demo!

I have a Guitar Pro preset archive in my personal board here from when I used it all the time. I think the old presets should still work as imports. I'm gonna try it smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 2 2020, 04:53 AM) *
Oh I didn't mention it, its part of the new Komplete 13 release as well; https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/komplete/

They seem a bit forwarded to film music overall, but all options seem nice. The biggest one 770GB, just as you mention an entire harddisk smile.gif

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/produ...select/compare/

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Oct 3 2020, 09:43 AM
Learning Tone Master
I saw this video where Pete Thorn said he created presets for guitar rig 6.

His presets sounded great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qiLshLG_8...annel=PeteThorn

This post has been edited by Steve Gilfield: Oct 3 2020, 09:44 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 3 2020, 07:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Oct 3 2020, 05:43 AM) *
I saw this video where Pete Thorn said he created presets for guitar rig 6.

His presets sounded great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qiLshLG_8...annel=PeteThorn

Nice classic rock tones. Pete really knows how to get that sound. I remember watching him rocking with Chris Cornell's band.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 5 2020, 11:57 AM
Quick update, I briefly checked GR6 until something came-up work related. Maybe in a few days I'll dive deeper.

I still think a lesser option of THU (like THU metal bundle)+a rig library has a better overall sound as a best buy option.

On the other hand, I don't know if you guys noticed but GR6 includes quite a lot of fx. You can have a full SSL console, lexicon or new-gen reverbs, their newest modulation fx...One can potentially mix a full album with those tools smile.gif

So in its own way still an amazing option but for the typical GMC'er I'd first invite to consider THU. But disabling reverb, post eq etc. from THU and inserting this as an upgrade is a considerable option.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Oct 5 2020, 12:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 9 2020, 06:20 AM
Agreed! Just as a loader for multiple FX in one plugin GR6 is hard to beat. You can configure a huge array of fx from EQ/compression/time based fx/modulation/etc. for use on vocals/bass/drums/anything and save the entire thing in just one preset which is pretty darn handy. Making entire channel strips that are really just a simple single preset is powerful stuff. I"m guessing we will see preset bundle packs that allow reaper for example to take advantage of this as we move forward much the same way we have reaper templates using the built in bits of reaper.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 5 2020, 06:57 AM) *
Quick update, I briefly checked GR6 until something came-up work related. Maybe in a few days I'll dive deeper.

I still think a lesser option of THU (like THU metal bundle)+a rig library has a better overall sound as a best buy option.

On the other hand, I don't know if you guys noticed but GR6 includes quite a lot of fx. You can have a full SSL console, lexicon or new-gen reverbs, their newest modulation fx...One can potentially mix a full album with those tools smile.gif

So in its own way still an amazing option but for the typical GMC'er I'd first invite to consider THU. But disabling reverb, post eq etc. from THU and inserting this as an upgrade is a considerable option.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 9 2020, 07:39 PM
Well I've tried the demo, the sounds are good and there are a lot of things in there but I can't get on with the interface. I got TH-U going immediately, the GR6 interface is like something from the 90s imho.

When I get more time I'll give it a better go but after 20 minutes I was frustrated. Maybe I can't see the woods for the trees laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 9 2020, 07:58 PM
It's true that the interface still feels a lot like it did back in the day. It's the basic interface design for KONTACT plugin where everything is in a vertical stack. I do prefer the overloud interface for guitar bits to be sure.

However, one good thing about the vertical stack approach is that you can create a big long chain of fx and see them all at a glance instead of having to scroll through, resize etc.

But yeah, for building guitar patches, I like the THU layout as it's how my mind thinks of the signal path, and the visual icons are an easy way to understand it rather than stacking rack units for everything like GR6.

I miss the old OVERLOUD interface to be honest just because it felt a bit more clean and tidy smile.gif But I can work with the new one. IT's still my fave plugin for guitar of every plugin I've ever tried wink.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 9 2020, 02:39 PM) *
Well I've tried the demo, the sounds are good and there are a lot of things in there but I can't get on with the interface. I got TH-U going immediately, the GR6 interface is like something from the 90s imho.

When I get more time I'll give it a better go but after 20 minutes I was frustrated. Maybe I can't see the woods for the trees laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 10 2020, 08:59 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 9 2020, 06:39 PM) *

Thats very understandable, but think of it like its taking over the DAW plug-in menu. I drag/drop rather than clicking to open/close.

As Todd mentions, its sort of an engineers way of thinking considering how racks are used in a studio together with the console. But its more important to stick with whats most comfortable to you, its not like THU's fx are any bad either.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:58 AM