> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 80 81 82 83 84 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 14 2018, 01:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 13 2018, 06:09 PM) *
This lesson is something I would play to someone asking me "so what can you play?"

That's a good way to choose a lesson.. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 14 2018, 09:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab,

I think that is how I will try to choose lessons from now on where possible. Obviously there will be times when I need to work on techniques and things but that's something else.

I'm really struggling with bar 11, it just isn't sounding right, I've even slowed it down to 30bpm to try and find out where the issue is, could it be the way the string is picked in the lesson? I've circled the part where I just can't seem to make the notes sound the same. It sounds like there's an extra note in there that isn't in the tab but I'm probably wrong.

Thanks Gab.

For future reference, we were talking about this awhile back, maybe even last year. I couldn't explain what I was getting in my head. This video is just the thing. I think it would be great to have a series working from complete newcomer to this kind of playing, throwing just a couple of notes in here and there and build up to at least level 4 type lessons. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/OoE0PQNjW9Q

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 15 2018, 08:03 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 15 2018, 08:44 PM
Gab,

I've left the above post without editing as maybe you might work out why I was thinking what I was thinking but, I have sorted it out. No extra notes, just phrasing.

Also please look at the blues vid lesson thing.

Here are a couple of takes. The first is me playing along with the lesson, the second is me with the backing track (I'm hard left, as if you need telling laugh.gif) . The backing track isn't that good, I used the same guitar track over both but for REC obviously I would only play along with the backing, it's a shame the backing isn't full with bass etc, it makes it harder to get the feel.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/srv-vibrato-take-1-with-denes-70bpm
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/srv-vibrato-take-1-phil-with-backing-70bpm

Cheers buddy.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 15 2018, 09:14 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2018, 09:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 14 2018, 05:09 PM) *
Thanks Gab,

I think that is how I will try to choose lessons from now on where possible. Obviously there will be times when I need to work on techniques and things but that's something else.

I'm really struggling with bar 11, it just isn't sounding right, I've even slowed it down to 30bpm to try and find out where the issue is, could it be the way the string is picked in the lesson? I've circled the part where I just can't seem to make the notes sound the same. It sounds like there's an extra note in there that isn't in the tab but I'm probably wrong.

Thanks Gab.

Hi Phil, the notes are correct and there is no lacking a note. However, there is a trill happening there that is not tabbed perfectly. Just before the hammer on from 15 to 17, the next note is also legato (pull off), and this moment is fast.

A quick note about this lesson. This lesson was not listed at GMC archieve because it has many errors and lacking elements. We wonder how you could find it. There is no problem working on it, but this is a note to explain why you'll find issues in this one. Sorry for inconveniences.

Check this video (I'm not tuned flat to I'm playing one fret lower)

Attached File  lick_for_Phil.mp4 ( 1015.11K ) Number of downloads: 64

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 14 2018, 05:09 PM) *
For future reference, we were talking about this awhile back, maybe even last year. I couldn't explain what I was getting in my head. This video is just the thing. I think it would be great to have a series working from complete newcomer to this kind of playing, throwing just a couple of notes in here and there and build up to at least level 4 type lessons. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/OoE0PQNjW9Q

That's a very cool example mate. Thanks for the link! We'll work on something.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 15 2018, 04:44 PM) *
Gab,

I've left the above post without editing as maybe you might work out why I was thinking what I was thinking but, I have sorted it out. No extra notes, just phrasing.

Also please look at the blues vid lesson thing.

Here are a couple of takes. The first is me playing along with the lesson, the second is me with the backing track (I'm hard left, as if you need telling laugh.gif) . The backing track isn't that good, I used the same guitar track over both but for REC obviously I would only play along with the backing, it's a shame the backing isn't full with bass etc, it makes it harder to get the feel.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/srv-vibrato-take-1-with-denes-70bpm
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/srv-vibrato-take-1-phil-with-backing-70bpm

Cheers buddy.

Hi again Phil. There is a big issue with the second audio mix shared here. I'd like to give you some time to find out what's the problem here. Ok? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 15 2018, 10:08 PM
Ok, I'll check it out, I didn't really pay much attention, I just dropped my track onto it after lining up the count in beats in Reaper but what about the playing of mine? What do you think to that.

No worries about the inconveniences buddy, others have managed to make REC takes with it so I should be able to too.

Thanks for doing that video Gab, I didn't spot it until this morning (this is an edit). I'll check it out this evening.

All I did with the backing track was match the count in with the lesson track in Reaper. The guitar track is the same on both. I only did it so that you could hear my guitar more easily.

I can’t remember how I found the lesson Gab, towards the end of May we were looking at improving my vibrato. We looked at some of Ben’s Vibrato Odyssey lessons but I didn’t connect with them as they weren’t in a true musical context. That’s when I found the SRV one by searching for vibrato lessons (I think that’s what I did) and mentioned it HERE.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 16 2018, 09:28 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2018, 04:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

There is a dramatic issue with the second audio, and it's not related to your playing. I want you to discover it. Check it out!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 16 2018, 08:57 PM
Hello Gab,

For some reason that video won't play in Chome, when I click on it I just get a white page mainly full of black diamonds with white question marks in them, I watched it via Firefox though, very strange. Anyway, i think I'd cracked it before you posted the video but thank you for taking the time to do that, it makes me feel better that I had got it, (I think).

Regarding the second audio, I've listened for my entire practise session tonight, I might as well give in trying to be a musician if I can't hear something that's so dramatic sad.gif unsure.gif sad.gif I've played the lesson along with the backing on a different track, the lesson with my guitar along with the backing on a different track, as many variables as possible with tracks panned hard left and right to help and I can't hear it, I'm just plain useless and so frustrated.

Apart from me saying it was recorded at 70bpm when it was actually 75bpm:

1/ There is no clipping.
2/ The chord changes seem to be in the right place for a I IV V 12 bar though I couldn't tell you if the notes are correct.
3/ The only thing I can hear strange but it's probably correct, is the last bar on the backing sounds a bit funny to me, timing wise.

At least I've given the blister on my fingers tips a rest rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2018, 04:19 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

Nice to see that you are doing a deep analisys of what I'm saying. I'm doing this just to give you time to find out the different things that can be happening.

I recommend you to play the backing track roots over the first audio, and then do the same with the second audio. Listen carefully while doing it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 17 2018, 07:14 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 17 2018, 03:19 AM) *
Hi Phil!

Nice to see that you are doing a deep analisys of what I'm saying. I'm doing this just to give you time to find out the different things that can be happening.

I recommend you to play the backing track roots over the first audio, and then do the same with the second audio. Listen carefully while doing it.

Thanks Gab,

I fully understand why you're doing it, it's good to be tough with students up to a point and it can only do me good. From what you've said, it appears that it's my ears letting me down. I'll look at the tab you created in GP file and play the root notes of the chords and let you know what I discover.

Cheers

Phil

UPDATE:
I think the chord progression is wrong. I worked it out and it seems as though it is B (I), E (IV), F# (V) which after some research means it is in the key of B but the solo is in the key of Eb. I still don't understand why it is F# but I guess it's all related to scales.
I hope I'm correct as I've not played again tonight, plus I;ve had a new phone (Samsung S8+) to set up.

Cheers

Phil

UPDATE:
https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/srv-vibrato-take-2

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 18 2018, 09:10 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2018, 03:56 AM
Instructor
Yeah!! You did it mate! Congrats!!!

The backing tracks are in the wrong key compared with the main video and tabs. That's why the lesson is deleted from our archive. We can't fix this issue so the lesson is not available anymore.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 19 2018, 06:43 PM
Thanks Gab,
I didn't notice it due to my skills at the moment. Hopefully my ear will tell me once day. I wonder how it got into the REC three times.

In that last take above I transposed the backing into the correct key (I think) but obviously it affected the drums too.

Am I still ok to go to REC with this track?

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2018, 10:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 19 2018, 02:43 PM) *
Thanks Gab,
I didn't notice it due to my skills at the moment. Hopefully my ear will tell me once day. I wonder how it got into the REC three times.

In that last take above I transposed the backing into the correct key (I think) but obviously it affected the drums too.

Am I still ok to go to REC with this track?

Cheers

Hi Phil, I wouldn't go for REC with this track, maybe it can be transposed but it will affect the whole audio file. Please send me a link to any REC take of this lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 21 2018, 02:23 AM
Thanks Gab,

I meant would I be able to do a REC with the backing that comes with the lesson? Like the others.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry733220

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry546670

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry543176

Thanks

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2018, 04:18 PM
Instructor
I'm sorry Phil, but I don't recommend you to use the lesson's backings for a REC take. I have no idea where those students got the correct backing. I'll ask Kris about it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 21 2018, 04:34 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'll have to check whenI get chance, I can't remember if I record the first take at full speed. By default Reaper is set to keep pitch when altering BPM, I wonder if there has been a glitch and if I recorded it at a slower speed, maybe the pitch was altered? I'm not home now and my wife's father has been rushed into hospital again so I dno't know when I'll get chance. Maybe this evening.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2018, 04:44 PM
Instructor
No mate, this is not a problem related to your recording, the issue is that the lesson has the wrong backing tracks. Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 21 2018, 05:53 PM
It does make sense Gab, I just started to doubt myself when I was thinking that it hadn't been noticed before when in particular you and Darius have incredible ears. That's when I started thinking I had altered the pitch by letting the bpm which is possible in Reaper.

I'm a bit disappointed I can't go into REC with it, I've worked hard on it, I know there's room for improvement but I was looking forward to the feedback. Oh well c'est la vie.

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 22 2018, 12:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! I'm so sorry about it. I've talked with Kris and he said that this lesson is such mistery. There are not extra backings asociated now, so it's totally weird to find the right backing at in those REC takes.

Don't feel dissapointed mate. The most important thing is the work that you put on it, and the impact that the lesson had in your playing.

There are any similar lessons published_

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Kenny-...pherd-Phrasing/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Stevie...pired_Phrasing/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...vaughan-lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/SRV-Tips-And-Tricks-2/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/SRV-Tips-and-Tricks/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Three-...Solo-SRV-Style/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Intermediate-SRV-Blues/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Texas_...s_Rock_Shuffle/

among many others!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 22 2018, 09:20 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'm still going to polish the other Denes one, it will be ok to keep for guitar shops and friends wink.gif

I've decided to go for THIS on because I've tried to do this many many times over the years and found it extremely difficult to mute the strings and make one string sing so it is way out of my comfort zone even though it's only a level 3.

I'd also like to work on THIS one as it's more of a solo thing but has something else I struggle with, not only bends but bends with vibrato (even though they aren't in the TAB) so again it's out of my comfort zone.

Do you think this will be ok ?

Thanks Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 23 2018, 08:09 PM
Hello Gab,

Further to my post above, I decided to put this up just to have a record of how terrible I am at the Texas Shuffle. I am hoping one day I'll look back at this as say, "I can't believe I couldn't do it!". When you watch Stevie do this it looks so simple, I guess that's many thousands of hours under his belt.

Obviously any advice at this early stage is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

https://youtu.be/fQuXO2qjVnE

And a little improv in Em from the end of my practise. Many mistakes but without mistake there is no improvement wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/em-blues-take-1

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 23 2018, 09:01 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 80 81 82 83 84 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:23 PM